Sources: Houston Texans now willing to trade QB Deshaun Watson

NYRaider

1 hour ago, Rodjahs12 said:

I don’t know what this has to do with what I said but sweet

You said it’s an awful look for any organization to consider. Those teams and almost every other has employed players with issues that fans have been outraged and fake outraged by. 

These things don’t stick to teams like people think they do. The news cycle finds new stories and these things essentially disappear. 

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

You said it’s an awful look for any organization to consider. Those teams and almost every other has employed players with issues that fans have been outraged and fake outraged by. 

These things don’t stick to teams like people think they do. The news cycle finds new stories and these things essentially disappear. 

yeah a serial rapist is a lil different scenario but hey I'm not making the big bucks to run a team so maybe I'm wrong.

3 hours ago, iknowcool said:

It's damn near impossible to really talk about potential compensation in a situation like this

This. The off-the-field stuff that nobody except Watson, his victims, and law enforcement know about will dictate what (if any) trade value he might have.

1 minute ago, Rodjahs12 said:

yeah a serial rapist is a lil different scenario but hey I'm not making the big bucks to run a team so maybe I'm wrong.

You shouldn’t throw around the word rapist that loosely. Seems like you’re just trying to prove some kind of point. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

He's being accused of sexually assaulting numerous women. What word would you use for that?

Yeah, there's 22 women (that came forward). I just realized this a minute ago. TWENTY-TWO. It's safe for any of us here on a forum to go ahead and label him that negatively. He's very much guilty in the court of public opinion. 

Just now, incognito_man said:

Yeah, there's 22 women (that came forward). I just realized this a minute ago. TWENTY-TWO. It's safe for any of us here on a forum to go ahead and label him that negatively. He's very much guilty in the court of public opinion. 

It's utterly insane to me how people are just ignoring that elephant in the room. If these allegations are even a little true, the dude is a sick perverted individual who doesn't belong in front of a national audience. I won't minimize that.

• Like 1

Just now, Rodjahs12 said:

It's utterly insane to me how people are just ignoring that elephant in the room. If these allegations are even a little true, the dude is a sick perverted individual who doesn't belong in front of a national audience. I won't minimize that.

Yeah, the old phrase "where there's smoke there's fire" is a phrase for a reason. And this is about as much smoke as you'll ever see. 

He's for sure going to prison.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Yeah, the old phrase "where there's smoke there's fire" is a phrase for a reason. And this is about as much smoke as you'll ever see. 

He's for sure going to prison.

It reeks of the Darren Sharper situation and while every case is unique, I think Watson is going to suffer a similar fate.

1 hour ago, CKSteeler said:

The media has not gone as hard on Watson as they have others with accusations made against them, for whatever reason. And most people base their outrage on what they're told to be outraged about rather than anything resembling objective reality.

We dont agree much, but this was perfectly put.    

6 minutes ago, 43M said:
2 hours ago, CKSteeler said:

The media has not gone as hard on Watson as they have others with accusations made against them, for whatever reason. And most people base their outrage on what they're told to be outraged about rather than anything resembling objective reality.

We dont agree much, but this was perfectly put.

Damn. This is a really good point. Why don't I (and everyone else) know more about this?

31 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Damn. This is a really good point. Why don't I (and everyone else) know more about this?

I think a lot of it has to do with how Watson was viewed pre-accusations.  Nobody ever had a bad thing to say about him.  Extremely likable.  The same reason everyone supported him 100% when he was trying to get out of Houston.  For a lot of people, it still seems unfathomable that Watson would do the things he has been accused off.  Not to steer this too off-topic, but there are examples like this in real-life too.  It took a long, long time for people to accept Bill Cosby for who he is.  And a lot of people still haven't.

I am pretty sure Watson is guilty.  Even if not of everything, he's guilty of something.  Something bad.  Too many accusations.  And I would be concerned about him coming back to the NFL, if only because it might mean him continuing to surround himself with individuals who aren't denouncing his behavior enough.  He needs serious help because he's definitely addicted, if it's happened this many times.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, incognito_man said:

???

The media and other groups have gone laughably soft on Watson relative to others who have been ACCUSED of similar behavior....some with far less accusers and/or evidence.    Watson absolutely deserves a fair trial, but its just pathetic how manufactured the outrage is based on who is being accused of said behavior.   

The standard is and should ALWAYS BE, "innocent until proven guilty", and in this case, that seems to be the approach...but we have seen many cases of the "guilty until proven innocent" over the years for others who have been accused.

Anyway....I stand by what I said.   The Texans wont get much of anything for Watson with this hanging over his head.    

• Like 2