Sources: Houston Texans now willing to trade QB Deshaun Watson

NYRaider

14 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I'd love Watson in Philly just so I can route against him first-hand. If the Eagles actually trade for him... new low for the franchise. Might as well peg 100 Santa Clauses, would be way less dishonorable than trading for this scum.

18221947_426662894358863_514883933998872

• Like 1

Just now, TitanLegend said:

If a trade for him happens, it's practically guarantee his legal issues are wrapped up. Can't imagine any NFL franchise trading for him otherwise.

There was literally just more that came out about him a couple days ago/more women that came forward with explicit details, no?

Watson is a legit top 5 QB in the league, and thus far it’s pretty clear the NFL is treating him in such a way. Doesn’t make it any less awful, as a franchise, to bring a guy like that in so early in the process of some super serious allegations.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Oh yeah, love Hurts - played at Channelview, pretty good HS program. I think his pre-draft flaws were overblown, he's a very good QB.

He and Watson actually work out in Houston together, they're friends off the field. Good guy all around (Hurts... not Watson).

Yeah, his dad coached there for a long time I believe and I knew Watson/Hurts share a QB coach (Quincy Avery), but didn't realize they were friends off the field.

Jalen has handled being hounded by the Philly media about the Watson rumors about as well as you could and I just want to see him get a real chance this year to prove it. I think we'll have a top 10 OL if they stay healthy and DeVonta is a big boost to the receiving corp. If he were to play pretty well this year and that he's worth letting be the guy we would set up well with the 2 first round picks and 2 seconds (or 3 firsts if Wentz can get back to the field closer to the 5-7 weeks instead of 9-12).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Hurts + a bunch of picks for Watson followed by Hurts turning into a stud would be amazing. Watson in jail (if guilty) would be a added bonus. 

I like Hurts, and want him to be a stud - but for another franchise. He'd be a great face for the Texans, however, local kid with local ties.

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

So basically they realized teams aren't interesting in paying a full price for damaged goods and they have to do something to recoup on a massive investment. They pretty much have to play him because of how much they are paying him, and it isn't the Texans fault the NFL hasn't suspended him.

This was basically how I saw this going. Watson will almost certainly not be moved this season unless something changes in a big way. He will either be punished or traded in 2022.