Sources: Houston Texans now willing to trade QB Deshaun Watson

NYRaider

16 minutes ago, Duluther said:

Woah woah, wait…

Can someone explain what’s to be inferred from this tweet? Are we to assume the girls were professionally more than masseuses? Or are we to assume there was human trafficking? Huge ocean between those two.

The line being drawn is that some of these women were trafficking victims who's services were solicited by Watson while having foreknowledge of that fact or in some capacity abetting the trafficking.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Duluther said:

Woah woah, wait…

Can someone explain what’s to be inferred from this tweet? Are we to assume the girls were professionally more than masseuses? Or are we to assume there was human trafficking? Huge ocean between those two.

I don’t know the specifics, or if the rumors that @Thelonebillsfan has seen are speculation or based in fact.

But seemingly the most obvious situation that there’s a clear path to have likely happened is a Mann Act violation; wherein he may have tried to coerce a massage therapist to cross state lines to perform *services*. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Now is the first time where I’m wondering if we’ll ever see him suit up again in the NFL.

Yeah, this is... Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing right now, too.

Nick Caserio was involved in getting Aaron Hernandez's "written off" the Patriots salary cap following his murder conviction; I'm thinking he might need to dust off that notebook.

59 minutes ago, Duluther said:

Woah woah, wait…

Legally, not as much as one might think. 

The US's human trafficking laws are pretty broad, even if almost farcical.

Basically, it comes down to A LOT of gray areas regarding wilful employment and gets into the weeds of everything from the nature of employment to whether there are "other expectations" and so on, so forth. 

Put very simply, almost any time there is an issue regarding work and the possibility of soliciting sexual acts- implied or otherwise- especially in a major metro area, you can be sure potential links will be at least explored. Happens in New Orleans sting ops with the clubs on Bourbon Street almost annually.

It's literally the area of law I specialized in in 3 countries lol. 

• Like 7

The Houston based attorney, who represents nearly two dozen women accusing Watson of various forms of sexual harassment and sexual assault, said FBI agents from the Houston field division visited him in his office and he has since met with them multiple times. Speaking to Dash by phone on Friday, Buzbee claimed the last meeting was as recent as one week ago

Watson’s attorney Rusty Hardin was fuming when he learned of Buzbee’s comments, responding, “I have absolutely no reason to believe that Deshaun is being investigated by the FBI. I have absolutely no reason to believe that Mr. Buzbee’s spin is the truth or that it’s anymore accurate than any of the other misstatements he has sponsored. I simply do not believe the FBI is investigating Deshaun.” Hardin acknowledged that the FBI would likely not tell him if they were in fact investigating Watson as per their protocol. Hardin was concerned about the effects of a story like this coming at a time when there are trade talks about Watson and chalked it up to an attempt by Buzbee to harm Watson’s reputation. “Mr. Buzbee’s comments are just part of a long, continuing pattern of just trying to harm Deshaun in the public perception. It is despicable conduct and I hope one day people will hold him accountable when the whole truth comes out.” ...

Edited by Matts4313

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

The Houston based attorney, who represents nearly two dozen women accusing Watson of various forms of sexual harassment and sexual assault, said FBI agents from the Houston field division visited him in his office and he has since met with them multiple times. Speaking to Dash by phone on Friday, Buzbee claimed the last meeting was as recent as one week ago

Watson’s attorney Rusty Hardin was fuming when he learned of Buzbee’s comments, responding, “I have absolutely no reason to believe that Deshaun is being investigated by the FBI. I have absolutely no reason to believe that Mr. Buzbee’s spin is the truth or that it’s anymore accurate than any of the other misstatements he has sponsored. I simply do not believe the FBI is investigating Deshaun.” Hardin acknowledged that the FBI would likely not tell him if they were in fact investigating Watson as per their protocol. Hardin was concerned about the effects of a story like this coming at a time when there are trade talks about Watson and chalked it up to an attempt by Buzbee to harm Watson’s reputation. “Mr. Buzbee’s comments are just part of a long, continuing pattern of just trying to harm Deshaun in the public perception. It is despicable conduct and I hope one day people will hold him accountable when the whole truth comes out.” ...

Buzbee walking it back a bit...

23 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Is that walking it back though?

It seems like he just said the same thing a second time.

The original statement from Amy Dash (the legal expert/interviewer) was "investigated":

She's been pretty connected to both Buzbee and Rusty Hardin through this whole issue...

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

The original statement from Amy Dash (the legal expert/interviewer) was "investigated":

She's been pretty connected to both Buzbee and Rusty Hardin through this whole issue...

Correct, but thats not a word Buzbee used. So Buzbee didnt walk back anything, right?

Additionally - this is a little pedantic. Whether its an unofficial "inquiry" or an official "investigation" is not something we will ever know. The FBI has looked into the matter multiple times over multiple weeks and interviewed multiple people (victims and attorney). In every day verbiage, we would all call that an investigation into the matter.

13 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Buzbee strikes me as an ambulance chaser type of lawyer. What kind of professional just tosses out to media outlets, oh im talking to the FBI about this guy I have 22 open civil cases against. That just seems... scummy. 

A huge portion of super-high profile super-successful attorneys use large cases for publicity and you get the world on their side.