Sources: Houston Texans now willing to trade QB Deshaun Watson

NYRaider

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

A huge portion of super-high profile super-successful attorneys use large cases for publicity and you get the world on their side. 

sure but this isnt really publicity. Im sure the FBI is thrilled this is a national news story. 

15 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Buzbee strikes me as an ambulance chaser type of lawyer. What kind of professional just tosses out to media outlets, oh im talking to the FBI about this guy I have 22 open civil cases against. That just seems... scummy. 

He is, but that doesn't mean he's not a good lawyer. He was the guy who represented people in the Gulf Coast against BP after the Deepwater Horizon disaster - from people along the coast to the offshore drillers working the rig, he secured $19 BILLION dollars to compensate those hit hard by that event.

You're probably right in your assessment of Buzbee, but don't let that distract you - he's a REALLY good lawyer.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

So... THIS is why the FBI is getting involved:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/03/23/deshaun-watson-16-lawsuits-lawyer-says-qb-blackmailed

If these cases get thrown out because one of these women tried to extort Watson, holy moly - that's not good.

It's like the Rick Pitino thing where he definitely did something super scummy and absolutely wrong and yet got off for the same thing, getting extorted (albeit his case wasn't criminal).

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ET80 said:

So... THIS is why the FBI is getting involved:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/03/23/deshaun-watson-16-lawsuits-lawyer-says-qb-blackmailed

If these cases get thrown out because one of these women tried to extort Watson, holy moly - that's not good.

I'm 99% sure a countersue situation would only eliminate a single case. And shouldn't affect a criminal case.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I'm 99% sure a countersue situation would only eliminate a single case. And shouldn't affect a criminal case.

I've seen wonkier loopholes. Not saying you're wrong in principle, but there are a lot of loopholes for people with a lot of money...

20 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Also if Watson was actually being extorted, Hardin is basically admitting his client is guilty lol

Hardin led the statement by emphasizing it was a consensual encounter.

Much like Buzbee, Rusty Hardin is a damn good lawyer. He's the guy who got Roger Clemens off from that Perjury charge for lying to Congress on his steroid use (Clements basically testified to Congress about how he never used steroids... with a syringe sticking out of his shoulder).

So, hate on Hardin for taking the case, but don't doubt his competency in making stuff like this disappear.

17 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I've seen wonkier loopholes. Not saying you're wrong in principle, but there are a lot of loopholes for people with a lot of money...

Hardin led the statement by emphasizing it was a consensual encounter.

Much like Buzbee, Rusty Hardin is a damn good lawyer. He's the guy who got Roger Clemens off from that Perjury charge for lying to Congress on his steroid use (Clements basically testified to Congress about how he never used steroids... with a syringe sticking out of his shoulder).

So, hate on Hardin for taking the case, but don't doubt his competency in making stuff like this disappear.

Don't really hate Hardin, he's just doing his job.

I hate Watson though lol

• Like 1

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

I hate Watson though lol

We all do. 

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

Don't really hate Hardin, he's just doing his job.

This will probably change if he proves to be good at his job and gets Watson out of this charge.

I'll respect his ability, but will wonder how he sleeps at night (probably on a huge pile of $100s).