Sources: Houston Texans now willing to trade QB Deshaun Watson

NYRaider

1 hour ago, JohnChimpo said:

Watching NFL Top 100, and he’s the only player they didn’t show the other players commenting on. Just a weird message from the narrator:

“The skill is no mystery. Almost everything else is.”

The NFL is well under way of sweeping this under the rug. Guys like Rich Eisen are in on the whitewashing 

1 hour ago, JohnChimpo said:

Watching NFL Top 100, and he’s the only player they didn’t show the other players commenting on. Just a weird message from the narrator:

3 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

The NFL is well under way of sweeping this under the rug. Guys like Rich Eisen are in on the whitewashing 

Or the NFL not wanting to praise a highly controversial player at this time due to the overwhelmingly likely chance he is a sexual predator?

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Or the NFL not wanting to praise a highly controversial player at this time due to the overwhelmingly likely chance he is a sexual predator?

Yeah to give them some benefit of the doubt here like, the list was already voted on and produced months ago. They couldn't just remove him even if leaving him in and the framing of it is awkward as all hell.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:
10 hours ago, JohnChimpo said:

As other have said - this list was compiled several months in advance, probably before any allegations made its way to the public's eye.

They could have dropped him and pulled everyone up a notch (and pulling in player #101) but that's going to scrap all of the work they put in for #100 to #19. That's a costly redo, bringing everyone back to re-interview and such.

I think how the show handled it was appropriate.

• Like 2

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2021-08-23-why-theres-a-high-chance-that-deshaun-watson-will-face-criminal-charges/

Fox Sports Weekends

Why There's a High Chance that Deshaun Watson Will Face Criminal Charges

By Wil LeitnerAug 23, 2021
Dan Lust: “This has been a pretty big week on the Deshaun Watson front. There are subpoenas that have gone out and I don’t have any reason to believe that the reports are false. The attorneys have confirmed that the grand jury subpoenas have gone out. There’s an expression that lawyers have that ‘even a grand jury can indict a ham sandwich.’ It’s important here. There’s no kind of evidentiary proceeding, the prosecutor can bring in whatever evidence they want. There’s no opportunity for cross-examination so they paint a very one-sided picture of the case and everything comes in. So every bad fact about Deshaun Watson is going to come in, it’s not going to be a ‘he said/she said’, it’s going to be a ‘she-said’ type deal. If a grand jury thinks there is sufficient evidence to have some sort of criminal proceeding here it’s going to go forward. I spoke to a DA recently and it’s a ‘ham sandwich’ type deal, it’s not 100% but maybe it’s closer to like 85-90%... If you’re a betting man, -450, -500 that Watson is going to get hit with criminal charges sooner rather than later.” (Full Segment Above)

• 1 month later...

This isnt worthy of a new thread, yet, so I guess this is the most applicable one?

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/texans/article/Deshaun-Watson-Texans-Dolphins-trade-16549248.php?utm_campaign=CMS Sharing Tools (Premium)&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

The Dolphins have been talking to the Texans about Watson off and on for months, and those talks have intensified into serious negotiations.

After losing to Jacksonville in London — their fifth consecutive loss — the Dolphins seem more determined to finally execute the Watson trade.

General manager Nick Caserio has been asking for three first-round draft choices and two second-round picks. Watson has a no-trade clause and would have to approve the trade. Miami is a team that’s been high on his list since he told the Texans he wanted to be traded after the 2020 season.

@ET80 => thoughts? 

My initial reaction is I love it. It gets that (alleged) slimeball out of Texas and it hopefully hurts the Eagles 1st rounder. Win-win for me on a personal level. But obviously my opinion doesnt matter when it comes to the Texans - so what do you think about it?

Edited by Matts4313

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

@ET80 => thoughts? 

Posted this in the Texans forum:

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

We've been bouncing around this topic - I do not expect anything to happen, but I also think the Texans are SO desperate to get back on the good graces of fans, they're going to make a move for less than they anticipated.

I'll be glad this is over and I'll be glad that Watson is gone, but I'm fully of the mind that Caserio isn't getting anything for him if a deal is done. 

The Texans are losing a ton of revenue right now - moving Watson would inject some sort of interest, however fleeting it is.

• Like 1

Watson to Miami may be imminent, but what's the compensation even expected to look like? 

Gotta be a stinging indictment of Tua as the Dolphins QBOTF. And Miami is going to look desperate, and dumb, if Watson winds up in any serious trouble given they're going to be taking on a massive contract, no?

As for Houston, no way they're going to get market value for Watson the QB. But he seems to have so alienated Texans fans that just getting rid of him must be some cause celebré.