Sources: Houston Texans now willing to trade QB Deshaun Watson

NYRaider

3 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Honestly if the Dolphins do trade for him (I still believe they were never as interested as the media was trying to paint) I'd likely renounce the team and just become a permanent Titans fan.

On this - I think all of the "interested" teams were simply teams with the draft capital necessary to bring him in, and the media extrapolated it to wanting Watson/Watson wanting to go there. If I take it a step further, I actually think the Texans planted that out with a few media members and let it latch.

Miami, NYJ - seems really convenient that Watson wanted to go to the owners of #2 and #3, who also happened to have extra picks to include. I'm sure if Jacksonville wasn't a divisional rival, they'd be in the media driven discussion, too (there WAS a week where Urban Meyer was supposedly interested... but that story never really took).

6 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

And I hope the Texans get nothing for him and he never plays another down in the NFL.

Eh, I hope the Texans get something out of it - simply for my sanity. 

7 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Watson is a scumbag and I don't want him to play another down in the NFL tbh.

This time last year, just about all of us would have never even thought this. Watson was a young QB who was in a bad situation with Bill O'Brien ruining his career with dumb trades.

Funny how a year changes things.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Now, I personally think there was probably enough evidence there to send Roethlisberger to jail...but it didn't happen. 

The actual physical evidence indicated that no sexual intercourse of any kind took place. So, no, you aren't doing much thinking if you think there was enough evidence to send Roethlisberger to jail. The grand standing DA who gave his little speech didn't even have enough evidence to charge him with anything.

19 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Unless a settlement is reached and all those who filed subsequently drop the criminal compleints - which is absolutely on the table.

Criminal complaints can't be dropped. 

19 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Sadly enough, the burden of proof for sexual assault is pretty significant. Sexual misconduct - which is what's being alleged and corroborated with texts, Instagram messages, etc - is what the evidence is pointing to in these cases, and are viewed as a Class B Misdemeanor and punishable by a six month sentence and a $2,000 fine.

You think Watson gets traded if he's looking at ten sixth month sentences? 

20 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Bill Cosby for a significantly bigger amount of victims, tbh. Watson has 22 cases over a 10 month period, and evidence is limited to digital correspondence. Cosby has hundred of cases over three decades, complete with physical evidence and a transcript of admission from Cosby himself.

Bill Cosby went free, after spending quite some time in jail, because of a highly suspect (and misguided) ruling by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, on appeal. You honestly think a similar situation unspools for Watson, but at a dramatically faster pace? 

12 minutes ago, ET80 said:

This time last year, just about all of us would have never even thought this. Watson was a young QB who was in a bad situation with Bill O'Brien ruining his career with dumb trades.

All that's true. But how does that change anything that Watson is up against?

11 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

The actual physical evidence indicated that no sexual intercourse of any kind took place. So, no, you aren't doing much thinking if you think there was enough evidence to send Roethlisberger to jail. The grand standing DA who gave his little speech didn't even have enough evidence to charge him with anything.

Link? 

15 minutes ago, ET80 said:
24 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Watson is a scumbag and I don't want him to play another down in the NFL tbh.

what does poor GM/HC decisions by Bill O'Brien matter in what Watson has allegedly been accused of?   Does that give him a pass to potentially be a disgusting human being?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

what does poor GM/HC decisions by Bill O'Brien matter in what Watson has allegedly been accused of?   Does that give him a pass to potentially be a disgusting human being?

i think he was just reflecting on   how much can change on a years time, not implying causation between poor coaching and attempting to rape women.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Criminal complaints can't be dropped. 

https://kretzerfirm.com/charges-dismissed-vs-dropped-how-get-case-dismissed-before-trial/

Yes they can. What jurisdiction are you stating this as-is? Criminal cases are dropped repeatedly. 

10 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

You think Watson gets traded if he's looking at ten sixth month sentences? 

I don't think he's even looking at two months - his lawyer has multiple avenes to take even if charges get filed (plea deals, no contest options, etc). This is a first time offender as well, so Probation along with lifelong registration as a sex offender is very much an option here.

Seriously, what legal system are you basing any of this on to where is "jail, jail, only jail" here? That's not the court system Watson's in.

13 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

You honestly think a similar situation unspools for Watson, but at a dramatically faster pace? 

In a word: Yes.

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

What he ^^ said.

He was just making the observation if you’d asked any of us about Deshaun Watson and to project his circumstances one year ago to now, no one would have dreamed this reality up. Just crazy how it’s playing out.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

It doesn't - just reflecting.

6 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I sincerely don't know how you think this is what I was saying.

3 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

What? Of course it can. If the prosecution doesn't believe the case being built is sufficient they will drop the case. 

Exactly.  Many times due to victim cooperation.  So if these women see they can get some money out of this, they may go that route as opposed to testifying in a criminal case.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

What? Of course it can. If the prosecution doesn't believe the case being built is sufficient they will drop the case. 

Yes. If the prosecution feels there isn't enough evidence to go forward, they can scuffle the case. 

But...that has absolutely nothing to do with the filing of the case itself. Which @ET80 seemed to be implying. 

9 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Link? 

The bathroom encounter lasted all of two minutes. The drunk girl in question initially told the police she wasn't raped, wasn't even sure if any sex occurred and the police admit that she could give them no clear account of what actually happened in the bathroom. The only DNA found was so minute that it could not be matched to anyone.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2010/04/16/Roethlisberger-documents-give-details/stories/201004160149

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/new-details-emerge-roethlisberger-case/NBaw8QO3a7O9uTgx4d9fcP/