Sources: Houston Texans now willing to trade QB Deshaun Watson

NYRaider

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Which were all wrong before.

Trade makes even less sense from a Dolphins perspective now than it did in the offseason. As I said though, the Panthers are a team to potentially keep an eye on.

Athletic is already saying the Panthers aren't really involved

Not sure why the trade makes less sense for the dolphins now

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Athletic is already saying the Panthers aren't really involved

And yet they're the only party in that a midseason trade would make some semblance of sense. If true, this leads to the conclusion that Watson won't be traded anytime soon.

There's literally no reason for urgency for anyone to get a deal done now except for the Texans (unless the Panthers are interested).

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

And yet they're the only party in that a midseason trade would make some semblance of sense. If true, this leads to the conclusion that Watson won't be traded anytime soon.

I don't know why you're hung up on the mid season thing. Watson isn't a rental. It's a long term move, not a short term one

• Like 2

Just now, Forge said:

I don't know why you're hung up on the mid season thing. Watson isn't a rental. It's a long term move, not a short term one

So it's a long term move that can be made in the offseason after evaluation can be made on ones own players, and see how Watson's legal troubles progress.

There's absolutely no reason for urgency.

Why would it not make sense for the Dolphins to trade for Watson now? If anything this offseason the Dolphins were probably hopeful Tua would come in and look like a top 5 pick, but he has been hurt and when he has played not been that good. If Watson can play this year and in the future he instantly makes them perennial playoff contenders.

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

So it's a long term move that can be made in the offseason after evaluation can be made on ones own players, and see how Watson's legal troubles progress.

There's absolutely no reason for urgency.

Nobody is proclaiming an urgency. A lack of urgency doesn't mean that they trade isn't being discussed or that they can't find common ground in a trade now to get it done either.

I don't think that it would happen as it requires to many conditions based on his legal situation, but a team also risks the price point going way up in the off season. So I could certainly see the appeal to getting it done now. 

• Like 2

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Why would it not make sense for the Dolphins to trade for Watson now? If anything this offseason the Dolphins were probably hopeful Tua would come in and look like a top 5 pick, but he has been hurt and when he has played not been that good. If Watson can play this year and in the future he instantly makes them perennial playoff contenders.

Tua has been fine when on the field; absolutely not the issue with the team right now. The injury was unfortunate but that shouldn't change the overall plan to evaluate Tua this season (if it did, it would've made way more sense to trade for Watson when Tua went down and we were 1-1 ). Now, we're 1-5, too much of a hole to compete this season.

What advantage do we have to trade for Watson now? I'm not seeing a single one. Even if we were to trade for Watson, it's far smarter to wait until the offseason to do it. If we were 3-3 and Tua was sucking it up or injured, I could see it. But we're neither in a position to compete right now, nor has Watson's legal situation cleared up.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

There's literally no reason for urgency for anyone to get a deal done now except for the Texans (unless the Panthers are interested).

Broncos, no? They're not out of the hunt and IF Watson was cleared to play, could wind up squarely in the playoff hunt. A few more games of Bridgewater and they can kiss the season goodbye. (Though I haven't hear much about them, so this is just conjecture)

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Nobody is proclaiming an urgency. A lack of urgency doesn't mean that they trade isn't being discussed or that they can't find common ground in a trade now to get it done either.

I don't think that it would happen as it requires to many conditions based on his legal situation, but a team also risks the price point going way up in the off season. So I could certainly see the appeal to getting it done now. 

The Texans would have to move him far undervalue to make such a risk worthwhile. Given their desperation, it could happen. But I doubt the price will fall into the range that the Dolphins would be willing to pay, given the uncertainty and lack of urgency.

While you're right it would cost more in the offseason, given that more knowledge would be available (state of Tua's development, state of Watson's legal cases, etc), it is by far the smarter move.

3 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Broncos, no? They're not out of the hunt and IF Watson was cleared to play, could wind up squarely in the playoff hunt. A few more games of Bridgewater and they can kiss the season goodbye. (Though I haven't hear much about them, so this is just conjecture)

Broncos might make some sense too if they're interested.

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

If people think this is going deep into it I have to warn you, you don’t know anything.

While I’m a falcon’s fan I am intrigued by what is going on around the Houston Texans. During my research these past months I’ve realized that the key players themselves are untouchable and unreachable for me, so I’ve focused my research on someone who has them in reach, someone who is pursuing this very same goal but who does have a shot. Of course I’m talking about esteemed fellow forum poster ET80.

After reading and analyzing years of his posts based on content, word use and reply-speed I’ve finally managed to hack my way into his 2011 ipod 3. What I found there was everything I was looking for and way more.

https://ibb.co/VgCQZcD

Now normally I pride myself on being ethical and so I would never share this information with you, my fellow FF forum posters. Sadly my hand is being forced. Moments after my discovery I got a PM.

https://ibb.co/df55hmr

Who this guy is? No clue. How he knew of my work? No clue either. But I do know I need to  prevent this from happening at all cost, even if that means exposing ET80 and jeopardizing his mission. I’m truly sorry.

Since these are audiofiles I will be transcribing them for you.

[Short screech as the recorder is started, followed by the continuous sound of rain hitting a windshield and a low hum of distant traffic]
You might know me as ET80, Gen News Moderator and Moderator Recruiter. This will be my story, my journey into what happened with Deshaun Watson and the trade rumors. Old Dave, if you’re hearing this and I’m gone, go to Amtrak Station and find locker Andre Johnson, the code is Watson, Clowney, Carr. Now that I’ve said that, let’s get this rolling.

When I heard the news about Watson I was mortified and devastated. The best thing that ever had come to the Texans was gone, like the smile of a man that has bet everything on black and while the wheel stops spinning the ball makes one last jump and lands on red. I was about ready to give up that what helped me through all those rough years, something that is part of my username and thus part of my identity; my Houston Texans fandom. I vowed I would do it, but I never did and instead went onto a dark path to find the truth about what happened to Watson and my beloved  franchise.

[Sound of honking when a big truck seems to pass in the distance]

It was another night like many in Houston, rain plunging down like God himself was trying to cleanse the city of its sin and a wind with a chill that made me realize my bones had taken a lifetime of pounding. I was inside in my living room, slouched back in my big leather recliner and doing what I had been doing for too much these past months. On the desk on my left the harsh white light of my laptop was ruining the mood like seltzer in an expensive whiskey, but I needed it for my research and to moderate the forums. I was staring at the wall in front of me, the one with the corkboard. On it was the result of months of hard work, sweat and tears. In the center was the key player, the essence of everything, Watson. Around him a spiderweb or red lines linking him too all the dark figures he was surrounded with. From Casiero to Penderast, from Nuk to Berman, they were all there. I was staring at the only picture that had the same size as Watson’ - except it wasn’t a big picture out of love, but out of hate –a picture of my nemesis, Jack, Jack Easterby. My stare was as empty and devoid of life as a whiskey barrel after Saint Patricksday. I realized I was at a dead end and not getting any closer, until it hit me like a 5 am Screwdriver. To understand Watson, I had to experience what he had gone through.

[Unintelligible, sound of what seems to be an airliner passing overhead]

When I walked into the joint I knew Big Bob had come through. I had been afraid that ‘next to Boudreaux’s Cajun Kitchen’ would have been too vague even while I opened the door, but when I stepped through the door I was stepping into a different world, a world that I had been looking for. I looked around, carefully avoiding looking any of the seated patrons in the eye. I realized I was so focused I didn’t even pick up the sounds around me till I noticed I had caught the attention of a young looking gall that seemed to work there. She might have been young looking from a distance but as she approached I noticed the layers of make-up slowly melting away by the heat of the place. In a rasping voice that betrayed years of smoking she asked me if I was alone. After confirming she asked me to follow her.

We didn’t walk far until she stopped and pointed at the table, saying this one would be mine. I nodded, feeling caught in a moment of angst and excitement. I realized I was in deep, and potentially even too deep. While the young gal turned around and walked out I didn’t spare her another glance. I hurriedly undressed and laid down on the table. The cold touch of the table chilled my muscular and rugged frame while I confided with myself that I was now past the way of no return.

I knew the dame was trouble the moment I saw her approaching. Legs that kept going forever, a full bosom, a hairdo like Marilyn Monroe and the face of an angel. Her expression betrayed a careful but guarded curiosity, like a cat approaching a rolling ball of yarn. In a voice dripping with honey she asked me ‘Sir, can I help you?’ I suddenly felt very naked, laying there in my briefs on a table in the seediest joint I had ever been too. I wanted to sound cool and in control but instead I stammered  ‘Do me like Watson’. Her face and expression changed immediately - a veil of shock revealing itself as I wondered if I had broken decorum or lacked a needed password – as she said “Excuse me Sir, this is a Hooters”.    

Edited by DutchFalcon
  • Like 5

Before anyone gets upset. Above post is 100% fiction and purely intended as satire. By no means was it my intention to defame or slander forum moderator ET80. Who in fact is a really cool guy. If you, as the reader, thought the post wasn’t funny at all and has no place on these forums; I’m sorry my humor isn’t for you. I realize its niche and bad but I do hope I didn’t upset you too much.

Why on earth would I write what I did? I’ve been sick all week bored out of my mind reading some noir stuff so when I saw that post by ET I was suddenly inspired. That and I think this cough syrup might have gotten me high.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DutchFalcon said:

Before anyone gets upset. Above post is 100% fiction and purely intended as satire. By no means was it my intention to defame or slander forum moderator ET80. Who in fact is a really cool guy. If you, as the reader, thought the post wasn’t funny at all and has no place on these forums; I’m sorry my humor isn’t for you. I realize its niche and bad but I do hope I didn’t upset you too much.

Why on earth would I write what I did? I’ve been sick all week bored out of my mind reading some noir stuff so when I saw that post by ET I was suddenly inspired. That and I think this cough syrup might have gotten me high.

I happen to think you won the internet for the day. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Tua has been fine when on the field; absolutely not the issue with the team right now. The injury was unfortunate but that shouldn't change the overall plan to evaluate Tua this season (if it did, it would've made way more sense to trade for Watson when Tua went down and we were 1-1 ). Now, we're 1-5, too much of a hole to compete this season.

What advantage do we have to trade for Watson now? I'm not seeing a single one. Even if we were to trade for Watson, it's far smarter to wait until the offseason to do it. If we were 3-3 and Tua was sucking it up or injured, I could see it. But we're neither in a position to compete right now, nor has Watson's legal situation cleared up.

The obvious advantage is Watson's value will never be lower than right now. The Texans are paying him millions to sit on the bench inactive and he has very serious allegations looming. If the Dolphins have done research and think he will be available this season and in the future... their is no better time to trade for him than right now. 

Obviously, I don't think it happens as I have stated multiple times, but I don't see why the Dolphins would all of a sudden just be completely uninterested in trading for him because of a bad start.

Matt Rhule has publicly denied interest in Watson. Miami has not, which makes me think there is smoke. Especially if Grier is wanting to save his job. I do not like the move, unless it is at a ridiculously low buyers price or the picks are conditional. I have been a big lets wait and see with Tua. I remain in that camp. If this trade goes down and blows up in their face I may be done with this franchise. 

• Like 1