Sources: Houston Texans now willing to trade QB Deshaun Watson

NYRaider

4 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I guess I'm just not as high on Tua as a lot of people. I think of him as a more accurate Mariota whose arm limitations and injuries will hurt him too much to ever be really successful

His quick release is actually his most notable quality, which was one of Mariota's issues. He's also more accurate. He's played well from what we've seen of him though in a less than ideal situation.

He can be a special player.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I guess I'm just not as high on Tua as a lot of people. I think of him as a more accurate Mariota whose arm limitations and injuries will hurt him too much to ever be really successful

I wasn't either. Didn't understand the appeal. I didn't see super crazy upside

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

His quick release is actually his most notable quality, which was one of Mariota's issues. He's also more accurate. He's played well from what we've seen of him though in a less than ideal situation.

He can be a special player.

He can be but I just don't he will. Physical limitations will hold him back and then the fact that he's as durable as glass doesn't help either. Great dude. I like him as a person but if he was my team's QB, I'd be looking for the future. Never see him getting above the 16th best QB in the league. You can win with that but it will rarely be bc of him

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

He can be but I just don't he will. Physical limitations will hold him back and then the fact that he's as durable as glass doesn't help either. Great dude. I like him as a person but if he was my team's QB, I'd be looking for the future. Never see him getting above the 16th best QB in the league. You can win with that but it will rarely be bc of him

Are you describing Jimmy G or Tua?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I'm not going to make any questions about his durability at this stage of his career. He's only missed three games so far on account of injury.

I think he has the potential to be far more than 16th. It's possible that injuries derail that, but we drafted him 5th overall. We should see it through.

6 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Are people forgetting Watson was a near unanimous top 4 QB before massage gate? If he doesn’t get prosecuted and they don’t mind having an alleged serial sex abuser(idk I might have qualms about it) as the face of their franchise it’s a no brainer for them.

The dumb one is Watson for wanting to go to Miami so bad. They’ve been a dumpster fire organization for a long time and he wants to go there of all places? I mean it’s Miami but you have an entire 6 month offseason to spend in Miami if you want.

Lots of nice Instagram like women to prey on in Miami. Seems like an ideal spot for a weirdo liked Watson. 

• Like 1

I'm not going to make any questions about his durability at this stage of his career. He's only missed three games so far on account of injury.

I think he has the potential to be far more than 16th. It's possible that injuries derail that, but we drafted him 5th overall. We should see it through.

It's all personal opinion and yes, only 3 games thus far but you do kinda have to factor college injuries as well. That hip isn't going to get stronger as he gets older either. 

You're right though, you absolutely should see it through. I'm just providing my fortune telling skills, that's all

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I disagree, I think Tua has the talent to have a Drew Brees type of season at least once. (In the right offense)

Edited by MSURacerDT55

36 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I disagree, I think Tua has the talent to have a Drew Brees type of season at least once. (In the right offense)

I don't see that arm strength from him. His accuracy will certainly help but any passes beyond 20 yards and he just isn't able to get anything on it. It certainly is possible and he has talent I just don't think it's the necessary talent needed to succeed in the NFL. I think the game is too fast 

59 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I don't see that arm strength from him. His accuracy will certainly help but any passes beyond 20 yards and he just isn't able to get anything on it. It certainly is possible and he has talent I just don't think it's the necessary talent needed to succeed in the NFL. I think the game is too fast 

Arm strength is absolutely not a problem. He's throws darts downfield.

5 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

That's exactly why the last few years have stood out to me. Seems like ever since trading Tannehill, they haven't been able to settle on a guy. Rosen never had a real shot, Fitz was benched out of left field for Tua, and now these rumors about a Watson trade.

I can see why you think that way @y*so*blu.  As a fellow Vikings fan back at the time, I remember the Daunte Culpepper trade, which didn't work out very well for the Dolphins, and being up in Minnesota, we don't get to follow the Dolphins very closely.  I've been under the impression since then that Miami has been like a lot of other teams in the league where they haven't been able to find a good QB and have just been jumping to a lot of different ones since then.  It was surprising to hear that they stayed with Tannehill for 6 years, and even more surprised that they invested 4 years into Henne.

• Like 1

Arm strength is absolutely not a problem. He's throws darts downfield.

Yeah people are acting like he's the second coming of Chad Pennington or something? Probably because the expectations were rediculous from the jump for Tua as the next Steve Young/Drew Brees in the making. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Lots of nice Instagram like women to prey on in Miami. Seems like an ideal spot for a weirdo liked Watson. 

Don’t know why this dude couldn’t just pay for some fun  like every other athlete is. 

He never seemed that bright to me, and his throwing velocity is all time bad. Watson is done. You don’t come back from his crimes in 2020 in the post me too age. If this was Joe Namaths day sure. It’s too much of a mental uphill battle now. Half of his previous value was how much players respected him and followed his lead, that’s basically all gone now.

Deshaun Watson is over.

• Like 1

The biggest issue with the idea of trading Watson that I see is that Houston has made it clear they want nothing to do with him he is the best quarterback on that's the quarterback on that roster and yet they are content being a trash team Record wise while leaving him inactive. How much of this is Watson not actually wanting to play I don't know I am sure that is definitely part of it but their asking price they're never going to get in my opinion. More than half of the teams in the league arguably would take him in a heartbeat at a lower price because he would be a huge upgrade but Houston has created a situation where they are asking for something unreasonable for a player that most likely ends up just getting cut

Edited by wwhickok
  • Like 1