Training Camp 2021!

N4L

Just now, 757-NINER said:

@J-ALL-DAY Personally, I'm more of a Mitchell enthusiastist than a Sermon fan but I get your point....

That's fine, I like Mitchell as well but I'm just mentioning Sermon as he has been splitting the first team reps with Mostert. The point was how great of a situation Lance is walking into. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That's fine, I like Mitchell as well but I'm just mentioning Sermon as he has been splitting the first team reps with Mostert. The point was how great of a situation Lance is walking into. 

Fair enough.

My only caveat, and I've noticed it when evaluating Lance and there was an observer of the TC practices who pointed it out  also, is that so far everything from Lance from the pocket has been a fastball. Whether its been the deep throws or the laser in between the hashes, all of his throws are coming out with some heat. He hasn't displayed much touch or the ability to fit balls over underneath defenders, while secondary defenders are coming downhill. Jimmy has and that may very well be the last piece of the puzzle for Lance from the pocket. The ability to be as accurate when he takes some mph off his throws.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Fair enough.

My only caveat, and I've noticed it when evaluating Lance and there was an observer of the TC practices who pointed it out  also, is that so far everything from Lance from the pocket has been a fastball. Whether its been the deep throws or the laser in between the hashes, all of his throws are coming out with some heat. He hasn't displayed much touch or the ability to fit balls over underneath defenders, while secondary defenders are coming downhill. Jimmy has and that may very well be the last piece of the puzzle for Lance from the pocket. The ability to be as accurate when he takes some mph off his throws.

Definitely, but honestly his fast balls will prevent some INTs as DBs will not be able to hold on to the balls. People always bring up Allen's "interceptable" passes every year but never break down why he gets away with so many of those passes. 

Lance needs to improve on his touch and being more consistent putting the ball in the right spot so the receiver catches it stride and can get pick YAC. 

Crazy to think this time next week will be week 1 or preseason! Let's see how the man does in live action and more importantly, if Shanny plays some of the starters with him. 

26 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I still think Jimmy starts week one but I don't see Lance on the bench for long. Would you guys say week 7 after the bye might be the perfect time for Lance to start? Matchup might be tough vs colts defense.

Honestly if Trey has proven he's good enough to start throughout TC & pre-season, it should probably be right out the gate against the Lions and Iggles. It is the NFL and every game is tough but I think those two games would be a nice precursor to our Week 3 matchup against the Packers. And then the following week, his first divisional game vs the 'Hawks. That's a nice little ramp up, week by week, from my perspective.

• Like 2

The BIG question for me right now is who do we lose@DT? All reports have indicated all of Givens, Jones, Kerr, Street, Hurst, and Daniels have been impressive so far. And this is with no Kinlaw in team drills and 11 on 11. Alot of this will be sorted out when the pads go on...at least I hope. And its a good problem to have but we seem poised to lose some good DT talent due to sheer numbers.

7 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

The BIG question for me right now is who do we lose@DT? All reports have indicated all of Givens, Jones, Kerr, Street, Hurst, and Daniels have been impressive so far. And this is with no Kinlaw in team drills and 11 on 11. Alot of this will be sorted out when the pads go on...at least I hope. And its a good problem to have but we seem poised to lose some good DT talent due to sheer numbers.

Can we trade Kinlaw away? 🤐

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

I still think Jimmy starts week one but I don't see Lance on the bench for long. Would you guys say week 7 after the bye might be the perfect time for Lance to start? Matchup might be tough vs colts defense.

See, if Jimmy starts, he's going to win and likely play well. It becomes hard to bench him at that point. If you think Lance is ready, you start him week 1. Not going to be easy to take Jimmy out once the team starts out 6-1 or 5-2.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Let it play out until we see them in live action. What has Street done in actual games? I don't care how good he looks without the pads. Let them compete in preseason and go from there. 

41 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

Can we trade Kinlaw away? 🤐

Not ready to write off Kinlaw. I said when he was drafted that if he could stay healthy, his third year should be tremendous. He's still a work in progress but he showed enough as a rookie that his best days are still far ahead of him. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Let it play out until we see them in live action. What has Street done in actual games? I don't care how good he looks without the pads. Let them compete in preseason and go from there. 

Street always gets pumped up in TC. I haven’t really seen anything to encouraging in games though. I would be fine keeping him in the practice squad, but I don’t really see the advantage of keeping him out 53 man roster.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

Street always gets pumped up in TC. I haven’t really seen anything to encouraging in games though. I would be fine keeping him in the practice squad, but I don’t really see the advantage of keeping him out 53 man roster.

I mean I know he has had injuries and what not, but come on man....Let the man at least shine against OL with pads on. It is damn near impossible for a OL to block these DL without pads. WRs and DL have advantages in these settings. 

Hurst, Kinlaw, Kerr, Jones and Givens are the locks from the interior (AA being counted as an edge). Street and Daniels are competing for a spot on the team. Damn sure would not just hand Street a spot.

Hurst

Kinlaw

Kerr

Jones

Givens

Bosa

Ebukam

Armstead

Ford

Kerr

I'd guess these 10 make the team...Others may depend on injury.