Training Camp 2021!

N4L

18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Listening to Maiocco's latest podcast and he said he's completely flipped on his opinion of Lance having no chance to start year one… haven’t gotten to King's interview yet but you know he will have some good information. 

Rough year for MM 

Peter King's thoughts after watching yday's practice: 

-Lance made a whoa throw to Aiyuk and had a couple of runs that amazed him. He will be ready soon. Spoiler alert, he's writing about the throw in the article that 

-Still expects Jimmy to start week 1.

-Team has 2019 vibes and just need some better injury luck. 

-Questions he has of the team are secondary and slot WR. Would love Sherman to come back and give the team some CB depth but doesn't think it happens.

-Not 5-7 better WR duos by the end of the year than Deebo/Aiyuk. 

-Talked to some opposing coach about the Niners and the opposing coach told him if Bosa is healthy, the secondary won't be much of a problem. 

32 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Peter King's thoughts after watching yday's practice: 

-Lance made a whoa throw to Aiyuk and had a couple of runs that amazed him. He will be ready soon. Spoiler alert, he's writing about the throw in the article that 

-Still expects Jimmy to start week 1.

-Team has 2019 vibes and just need some better injury luck. 

-Questions he has of the team are secondary and slot WR. Would love Sherman to come back and give the team some CB depth but doesn't think it happens.

-Not 5-7 better WR duos by the end of the year than Deebo/Aiyuk. 

-Talked to some opposing coach about the Niners and the opposing coach told him if Bosa is healthy, the secondary won't be much of a problem. 

We still need a quality vet that's capable of starting in a pinch. I will never trust Verrett to stay healthy. Need that 3rd CB to help with the depth. I don't expect either Lenoir nor Thomas to be ready to really contribute as rookies outside of STs. 

The Sherman ship has sailed imo. Don't see it happening now. And if Ryans will indeed be a more aggressive/attacking play-caller, I would prefer to pair that style with a CB who can line up outside as well as in the slot some. Not sure if that's Sherman at this stage in his career. K'Wuan has had his share of injuries as well so I would like that vet to be able to play some slot if need be. I'd kick the tires on Gaeron Conley personally.

Edited by 757-NINER

43 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

We still need a quality vet that's capable of starting in a pinch. I will never trust Verrett to stay healthy. Need that 3rd CB to help with the depth. I don't expect either Lenoir nor Thomas to be ready to really contribute as rookies outside of STs. 

The Sherman ship has sailed imo. Don't see it happening now. And if Ryans will indeed be a more aggressive/attacking play-caller, I would prefer to pair that style with a CB who can line up outside as well as in the slot some. Not sure if that's Sherman at this stage in his career. K'Wuan has had his share of injuries as well so I would like that vet to be able to play some slot if need be. I'd kick the tires on Gaeron Conley personally.

I like this idea. He’s gotta be better than Johnson. 

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

I would definitely bring in Conley. I think he has a little of that Eli Apple in him though where maybe he's just not a guy that people seem to like as an individual lol 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Looks like Kirkpatrick is still in town so he may be signing soon. 

Wish we would have signed Hayward. 

Heyward would have been money but I just don't think they were looking to pay that much. Especially for a potential backup, though I think Heyward would have definitely been a starter.

8 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Heyward would have been money but I just don't think they were looking to pay that much. Especially for a potential backup, though I think Heyward would have definitely been a starter.

Hayward signed for 4M, we would have paid him that much...But even if he wasn't the starter (I think he would), he would have given us the much needed depth we needed until Thomas would develop. Right now it will be very scary if Verrett or even Moseley get hurt. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Hayward signed for 2.5M, we would have paid him that much...But even if he wasn't the starter (I think he would), he would have given us the much needed depth we needed until Thomas would develop. Right now it will be very scary if Verrett or even Moseley get hurt. 

I thought he signed for 4 M...or maybe it was up to 4. 

And even@2.5 is still little steep for their taste. They usually go bargaining hunting for vet CB depth. Did it last year with Jamar Taylor, who turned out to be a great find before his late season injury. But I agree, I would have gladly paid Heyward 2.5.

Kirkpatrick is pretty 'meh' for me. He's only a year younger than Sherm and nowhere as good. I'd prefer a younger vet with good athletic traits. Conley, Nickell Robey-Coleman...maybe even Phillp Gaines.

2 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I thought he signed for 4 M...or maybe it was up to 4. 

And even@2.5 is still little steep for their taste. They usually go bargaining hunting for vet CB depth. Did it last year with Jamar Taylor, who turned out to be a great find before his late season injury. But I agree, I would have gladly paid Heyward 2.5.

Kirkpatrick is pretty 'meh' for me. He's only a year younger than Sherm and nowhere as good. I'd prefer a younger vet with good athletic traits. Conley, Nickell Robey-Coleman...maybe even Phillp Gaines.

He did sign for 4M, 2.5M guaranteed. But that number was not anything crazy. It is clear though the team doesn't really invest much in the corner position. Sherman was signed to a good deal but everyone else is for the most part signed to decent deals at best and they don't draft a corner before the 3rd round. 

This year the depth at corner is very thin and flat out worrisome. Verrett needs to have another healthy season or that could cost the team a playoff birth. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Not ready to write off Kinlaw. I said when he was drafted that if he could stay healthy, his third year should be tremendous. He's still a work in progress but he showed enough as a rookie that his best days are still far ahead of him. 

Wasn't completely serious with that post. I agree that there is quite some potential left in him, but it still feels like a bit of a waste of pick to me, considering the great alternatives available.

17 hours ago, GW21 said:

Street always gets pumped up in TC. I haven’t really seen anything to encouraging in games though. I would be fine keeping him in the practice squad, but I don’t really see the advantage of keeping him out 53 man roster.

It's an annual right of passage lol. I haven't even seen him look good in a preaseason game haha. 

• Like 1