Training Camp 2021!

N4L

6 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Kyle said Lance will stick with the 2s. He won't work with the 1s for now. 

It makes sense. If you're rolling with Jimmy, then he needs to be in with the 1's almost exclusively. Trey can keep balling out against the 2's in practice all day long, no need to rush the process.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

It makes sense. If you're rolling with Jimmy, then he needs to be in with the 1's almost exclusively. Trey can keep balling out against the 2's in practice all day long, no need to rush the process.

I agree, no added pressure. Lance hype is going to keep growing and growing. If Jimmy doesn't play up to par come week 1-4 fans won't be long to start asking for Lance. 

On 8/1/2021 at 12:56 PM, 49erurtaza said:

I still think Jimmy starts week one but I don't see Lance on the bench for long. Would you guys say week 7 after the bye might be the perfect time for Lance to start? Matchup might be tough vs colts defense.

If he isnt going to start, he will definitely see game action each week. The ravens did this with Lamar and it really helped him adapt to the speed of the game. Trey doesnt have a lot of game experience, so getting his feet wet every single week will help him a lot.

I think it will piss off jimmy too, which is an added bonus

• Like 2

https://www.ninersnation.com/2021/8/2/22606479/49ers-training-camp-recap-day-5-shanahan-said-the-team-was-a-little-rusty

Breakdown of day 5. He's a little more negative on Lance than others. For the most part today was a continuation of whats been going on. Good to see Ford and Kinlaw out there. Found these few bits interesting

Lenior still has his rookie moments, but he seems more comfortable in coverage and someone who doesn’t panic. So don’t be surprised to see Lenior move up the depth chart sooner than later

Jonas Griffith has quietly made plays multiple days in a row now. He’s not as agile as the other linebackers, but he made an instinctive play by stepping into the throwing lane to intercept Trey Lance.

Daniel Brunskill remains taking all of the reps with the first team at right guard over Aaron Banks.

Happy to read that about Lenoir. Hopefully he's a viable long-term replacement for K'Waun Williams

Our LB corps is wide open after Warner & Greenlaw. I think Griffith, Al-Shair, and Harris (converted from S) round out the  5 LB's we'll likely keep on the 53. Could see Justin Hilliard & Demetrius Flannagan-Fowles on the PS as well.

So far, it feels like every time i hear Banks name its because he's getting pancaked. Hoping he can start to get more comfortable as pads go on tomorrow.

Edited by 49ersfan

14 minutes ago, N4L said:

man, drafting a guard in the second round and then having him get beat out would not be a good look. 

Still very early, and brunskill is pretty solid, but banks needs to win that job

I'm not concerned as of yet. Pads come on tomorrow will be able to see where banks at here soon.

1 hour ago, N4L said:

man, drafting a guard in the second round and then having him get beat out would not be a good look. 

Still very early, and brunskill is pretty solid, but banks needs to win that job

Don't worry yet. Really difficult to eval offensive line with no pads