Training Camp 2021!

N4L

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

As a fan of Ambry Thomas leading into the draft, this makes me sad. 

I just read yesterday that he got inserted to the starting line up due to some injuries and looked fine. 

Not sure where all the reports of him looking bad are coming from? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I just read yesterday that he got inserted to the starting line up due to some injuries and looked fine. 

Not sure where all the reports of him looking bad are coming from? 

From my understanding they didn't throw his way yesterday even tho he was starting with the 1s Then replaced him with Lenoir.

But there's a few guys who have spoke about Ambry, I just watched Jason Aponte live and they spoke about how bad he's been so far. Aponte and Jordan from ninernation where hard on him. Jordan been to every day and Jason been there since Friday. 

Edited by 49erurtaza

23 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Heres the hype throw from today for Lance

The zone read is going to force teams to play a lot of zone coverage and you will have the opposing defense's LB carry a bunch of these types of routes. Lance can make a killing on these throws or similar throws.

He's THAT guy, there is no need to pretend otherwise. Like he is actually conservative and safe at times himself so it is not like he will be turning it over all that much and he's going to be able to provide these types of throws. 

Buy the Trey Lance to start week 1 stock ASAP! 

• Like 4

Btw, Cohn is full of crap with his play by play breakdowns between Jimmy and Lance....Every single run is a 15-20 yarder for Lance apparently...Um, like there is no tackling and no one is touching Lance, so of course most of the runs look like they go for 20 yards lol. 

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The zone read is going to force teams to play a lot of zone coverage and you will have the opposing defense's LB carry a bunch of these types of routes. Lance can make a killing on these throws or similar throws.

He's THAT guy, there is no need to pretend otherwise. Like he is actually conservative and safe at times himself so it is not like he will be turning it over all that much and he's going to be able to provide these types of throws. 

Buy the Trey Lance to start week 1 stock ASAP! 

And almost all of it will be single high zone, too. That’s mostly how people wanted to play Kap. Man made a living on curl routes underneath the outside zone defenders and double seam. 

• Like 2

Also, my understanding is that a good chunk of these plays labeled “zone reads” by the press are going up the middle and are far more likely to be inverted veers. Which means, when Trey Lance is in, half the offense will be my beloved 2010 Auburn Tiger offense.

3 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Feels like we haven't heard much about the rookies other than Lance

I mean if Lance is the only rookie that amounts to anything this draft will still be looked at as a homerun. BUT it is particularly troubling considering the amount of talent we've unearthed between rounds 2-5 in previous years that alot of those picks aren't looking so hot. It's still relatively early. And I have read some good things about Moore & Mitchell so there's that. But Banks NEEDS to be a functional starter at the least by year two or that's a inexcusable whiff right there.

7 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I mean if Lance is the only rookie that amounts to anything this draft will still be looked at as a homerun. BUT it is particularly troubling considering the amount of talent we've unearthed between rounds 2-5 in previous years that alot of those picks aren't looking so hot. It's still relatively early. And I have read some good things about Moore & Mitchell so there's that. But Banks NEEDS to be a functional starter at the least by year two or that's a inexcusable whiff right there.

Yeah, I think Mitchell has been a great value over draft position player and Sermon has slid right in as the second RB. Banks has been up and down to my understanding. But man, I’ve heard nothing but bad from Ambry Thomas and I was looking forward to hearing about him. He lost like 30 pounds and tried to put them back on during his year off due to an illness, I believe. He might not be back to proper physical condition.