Training Camp 2021!

N4L

23 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

So we are going to carry 7 WRs. Maybe Pruitt gets cut and we only carry 3 TEs. Jordan Matthews probably ends up on PS and can be elevated. 

Maybe. The problem is, Jennings has problems staying healthy too. I'm not so sure he's completely out that wr5 spot out of reach

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

Maybe. The problem is, Jennings has problems staying healthy too. I'm not so sure he's completely out that wr5 spot out of reach

Didn't even think of that I had him as lock. So that does make sense. Maybe they IR him after Tuesday. Cut Sanu and bring him back after we do so have a under the table agreement. 

41 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'd rather cut Street than trade givens, tbh 

Whaaat?? You rather cut the best practice player of all time????? Say it ain't so!!!!!!!!

But I doubt we trade Givens or cut Street...Daniels on practice squad is likely what will happen...But I honestly don't see why no other team would pick him up. He's an NFL level DL and should be on someone's 53 man roster.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Not surprised one bit that his teammates love him...Ward was giving him a lot of praise a few months ago as well and it was reported that every practice Hufanga was the first one on the practice field and stayed late after every practice working on his craft. Players like him, despite some physical limitations just won't fail.

If it is between Hufanga and Wilson, I think I'd go with Hufanga starting opposite of Ward...If Tartt is healthy he should be the starter but I don't think he is healthy and he didn't finish yesterday's practice.

So Lynch is basically saying if Hurd practices today and plays on Sunday he will be on the team?? So our six WRs are:

Aiyuk, Deebo, Sherfield, Sanu, Jennings and Hurd? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Not surprised one bit that his teammates love him...Ward was giving him a lot of praise a few months ago as well and it was reported that every practice Hufanga was the first one on the practice field and stayed late after every practice working on his craft. Players like him, despite some physical limitations just won't fail.

If it is between Hufanga and Wilson, I think I'd go with Hufanga starting opposite of Ward...If Tartt is healthy he should be the starter but I don't think he is healthy and he didn't finish yesterday's practice.

So Lynch is basically saying if Hurd practices today and plays on Sunday he will be on the team?? So our six WRs are:

Aiyuk, Deebo, Sherfield, Sanu, Jennings and Hurd? 

I don't see how we role with those 6 none of them would be our special team returner unless we truly are putting Aiyuk at that spot. Like what @Forge said we might cut Jennings if Hurd makes the team due to Jennings own injury issue. We could also roll with 7 WRs and 3 TEs. Or just 2 QBs on the roster with Sudfeld on the PS.

2 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I don't see how we role with those 6 none of them would be our special team returner unless we truly are putting Aiyuk at that spot. Like what @Forge said we might cut Jennings if Hurd makes the team due to Jennings own injury issue. We could also roll with 7 WRs and 3 TEs. Or just 2 QBs on the roster with Sudfeld on the PS.

Ambry Thomas can return kickoffs. I believe Mitchell has experience in that roll as well. I know Samuel does, but that's just asking for trouble. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Ambry Thomas can return kickoffs. I believe Mitchell has experience in that roll as well. I know Samuel does, but that's just asking for trouble. 

Have they had any attempts at this point tho? I wouldn't mind throwing Ambry Thomas and Mitchell this weekend. 

Edited by 49erurtaza

2 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

yeah, the lack of true punt returner is going to be an issue for this team. 

at this point I will settle for someone who just fair catches it cleanly every time 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Looks like Verrett is back practicing..........even though they won't be doing much of practicing today. 

Seems like he might have met the amount of reps they placed on him for training camp. I think there trying to maintain him.