Training Camp 2021!

N4L

Just now, 49ersfan said:

If Hurd makes the team it would be at the expense of Jennings right? I thought Jennings was impressing Shanny 

I think that there are a number of configurations, and Shanny himself said that the 6th spot doesn't have to go to a receiver with return abilities. That is probably the biggest thing, tbh. So you could easily end up with Deebo / Aiyuk / Jennings / sherfield / sanu / hurd. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

If Hurd makes the team it would be at the expense of Jennings right? I thought Jennings was impressing Shanny 

Or Benjamin? I mean, Hurd and Jennings should both be competing to be Sanu's backup, but they'll keep the six best, if necessary. Kick and punt returns are nice, but it's not as though Benjamin is a difference maker there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

It seems like Kyle *wants* Hurd on the team, which is probably a bigger factor than anything else, to be honest. 

Which is just freakin ridiculous imo. Hurd should be cut and placed on the PS if we're being honest. He's hasn't proven anything to anyone at this point. Jennings at least has made through two consecutive TCs and has shown improvement. The best ability is availability at this point. So Hurd plays one pre-season game in two years and makes the 53?? That's a bad precedent imo. Your spot should be earned, not given to you because of your 'potential' when healthy. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JIllg said:

Don't lie, you like dem clicks, too. I see the 22,000+ rep. That's like nearly 1 in 3 posts over an obscene number of posts. 

especially when you consider that probably 40k posts were on the old forum and couldnt get those likes

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Sooooooooooooo they cut him only to sign him back?? Why not just cut James from jump???

Maiocco is slipping. He had it backwards. 

James got injured, so they signed river back. 

• Like 1

On 8/28/2021 at 5:06 AM, 757-NINER said:

Which is just freakin ridiculous imo. Hurd should be cut and placed on the PS if we're being honest. He's hasn't proven anything to anyone at this point. Jennings at least has made through two consecutive TCs and has shown improvement. The best ability is availability at this point. So Hurd plays one pre-season game in two years and makes the 53?? That's a bad precedent imo. Your spot should be earned, not given to you because of your 'potential' when healthy. 

Sadly that just isn't how the world, football not an exception, works. Sucks, but not surprising. Players can move heaven and Earth in the preseason/training camp, yet still get a raw deal due to draft status, coaches having favorites, etc. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe