Training Camp 2021!

N4L

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean, did anyone think he was going to be vaccinated? Lol, Verrett doesn't seem like he is either since he came in with a mask. 

Haha yeah I'm not surprised, he says he's at 260 and his playing weight last year was 263. He looks leaner.

Edited by 49erurtaza

We're one of the teams over 90% vaccination, correct? Which means at least 81 of our 90 players are fully vaccinated. 

It doesn't surprise me that the better players choose not to get vaxxed. A bubble player will do what they have to do to make the roster. Bosa is in no danger of being cut no matter what happens. 

At least he isn't becoming the head of antivaxxers like Beasley. 

Hopefully, these 2 are the only significant players of the 9 who have chosen not to get vaccinated

1 hour ago, 49ersfan said:

We're one of the teams over 90% vaccination, correct? Which means at least 81 of our 90 players are fully vaccinated. 

It doesn't surprise me that the better players choose not to get vaxxed. A bubble player will do what they have to do to make the roster. Bosa is in no danger of being cut no matter what happens. 

Hopefully, these 2 are the only significant players of the 9 who have chosen not to get vaccinated

May not be a good idea to go down this road much further--could get VERY political.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

May not be a good idea to go down this road much further--could get VERY political.....

My intention is not to start anything political but to discuss the football ramifications, mainly the different lengths of absences between the two in event of a positive test or exposure, etc. But yes, since it can go sideways fast, i'll leave my comment at that. 

Anyways, onto day 2...obviously its encouraging that Jimmy G & Lance both look good. The next biggest takeaway for me is that the DL seems to be beasting, which is good...but its got me a bit worried about our OL which seem to be struggling 

— The two best plays for the offense came back to back with Lance at quarterback. First, he sidestepped Kentavius Street, straightened up and delivered a nicely thrown pass to Samuel over the coverage of rookie Ambry Thomas. Then, he ripped a pass between defenders in the middle of the field for a completion to Travis Benjamin.

— Defensive end Arden Key beat rookie Jaylon Moore for a would-be sack.

— Nose tackle D.J. Jones has an impressive showing in one-on-one pass rush drills against Alex Mack and rookie Aaron Banks.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/49ers-camp-observations-jason-verrett-defense-headline-day-2

• Like 2

Totally forgot about Bosa and his apparent affiliation. Now he says he's still "evaluating everything" before he makes a decision...which sounds like code for "I've already made a decision you aren't going to like". He's probably the last dude that's gonna get vaxxed. Sigh. Bro, science literally repaired your knee. Just get the damn shot. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

2 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

My intention is not to start anything political but to discuss the football ramifications, mainly the different lengths of absences between the two in event of a positive test or exposure, etc. But yes, since it can go sideways fast, i'll leave my comment at that. 

Anyways, onto day 2...obviously its encouraging that Jimmy G & Lance both look good. The next biggest takeaway for me is that the DL seems to be beasting, which is good...but its got me a bit worried about our OL which seem to be struggling 

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/49ers-camp-observations-jason-verrett-defense-headline-day-2

I can't believe Street still plays for this team

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Lynch said he thought 90% were vaccinated, but wasn't sure from what I saw. Don't think I've seen anything say we have hit 90% for sure

5 hours ago, AustrianNiner said:

2 of the best defensive players not being vaxxed leaves me kind of anxious for the season tbh.

It may put us at a disadvantage, may not. I think a couple of teams are still less than 50 from what I saw.  But we can make due if they miss a game or two. Hell, I'd expect JV to miss a game or two anyway

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Covid is a legitimate football situation right now, so we can 100% discuss it with regards to the ramifications it presents the team and the league, but we just have to keep it as much in that realm as possible, which can certainly be very difficult

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

Covid is a legitimate football situation right now, so we can 100% discuss it with regards to the ramifications it presents the team and the league, but we just have to keep it as much in that realm as possible, which can certainly be very difficult

I was gonna type a reply to a couple posts up, then got to this one and that Star Wars meme with “it’s a trap” popped into my head so I decided to just say gee I’m excited football is back instead. 

2 minutes ago, straighthate said:

I was gonna type a reply to a couple posts up, then got to this one and that Star Wars meme with “it’s a trap” popped into my head so I decided to just say gee I’m excited football is back instead. 

Yeah, it's a topic I'd love to avoid altogether, but I'm not so naive as to think all NFL teams will have the good fortune of not running into some issues so I'm sure it will come up. But we have an awesome forum and I'm pretty sure we can just be in and out of that type of conversation. Address it when needed and just move on

• Like 1