Training Camp 2021!

N4L

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Dontae Johnson cut. Say it ain't so!!! But he probably gets signed to the practice signed or possibly even re-signed after we put Hurst on IR.

Hopefully we are able to keep Daniels but I won't be mad if he gets a shot elsewhere, he deserves it. NFL caliber DL.

Yarbrough and Barrett were awesome in preseason but the depth at edge is now really good with Ford being back.

I really like Mayden, hope he stays on the practice squad. 

Hasty over Gallman as it should be! 

Feel like Dontae is a lock to come back after an IR move or after week 1 when the salary is no longer guaranteed. 

Quite surprised that McKivitz was waived. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Feel like Dontae is a lock to come back after an IR move or after week 1 when the salary is no longer guaranteed. 

Quite surprised that McKivitz was waived. 

Davantae Harris making it over Dontae Johnson on the initial 53 is a surprise...But I agree he is likely back soon.

McKivitz being cut also surprised me....Especially for Tom Compton lol.

The rest went pretty much as planned. All the six WRs I thought would make the team did...The five backs I wanted made the team...Knew Daniels was the odd man out but still a little bummer. Glad they are only keeping three TEs as they can just put Pruitt on the PS and then bring him up when needed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Davantae Harris making it over Dontae Johnson on the initial 53 is a surprise...But I agree he is likely back soon.

McKivitz being cut also surprised me....Especially for Tom Compton lol.

The rest went pretty much as planned. All the six WRs I thought would make the team did...The five backs I wanted made the team...Knew Daniels was the odd man out but still a little bummer. Glad they are only keeping three TEs as they can just put Pruitt on the PS and then bring him up when needed. 

I still would have preferred finding a trade partner for Hasty / Gallman, to be honest, but in truth, there's a good chance that someone will end up on IR from that running back group when Wilson is ready to come back lol 

36 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Compton over McKvitz it seems. Did not expect that. 

giphy.gif

In all seriousness though, Compton is just not a very good football player. I guess it's not a huge deal. Maybe we thought we had an easier time bringing back McKivitz back to the PS. 

• Like 1

Just now, GW21 said:

giphy.gif

In all seriousness though, Compton is just not a very good football player. I guess it's not a huge deal. Maybe we thought we had an easier time bringing back McKivitz back to the PS. 

Compton could also be cut tomorrow. So we will see. He's playing RT right? And had looked completely terrible all camp from what I understand.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Compton could also be cut tomorrow. So we will see. He's playing RT right? And had looked completely terrible all camp from what I understand.

This is true. I'm not going to get worked up about this move. Could easily change in short order. 

Assuming that we IR Hurst & bring back Brendel, these are some of the the guys i'd like to bring back to the PS

-QB Nate Sudfeld

-FB Josh Hokit

-TE Mycole Pruitt

-WR Nsimba Webster

-WR River Cracraft

-OG Colton McKvitz

-OL Alfredo Guiterriez

-DL Darron Daniels

-DL Alex Barrett

-DL Eddie Yarbrough

-LB Justin Hilliard

-LB Elijah Sullivan

-S Jared Mayden

-CB Alexander Myers

Assuming Wayne Gallman, HaHa-Clinton Dix & Dontae Johnson will find a spot somewhere as depth/special teams and will have little interest in joining our PS right now 

Edited by 49ersfan

Just now, 49ersfan said:

I checked 49ers.com roster and noticed they dont have Tony Jefferson or Richie James on IR. 

Did we release them both with injury settlements?

Tony Jefferson got a settlement on 8/24, no word on James yet but I'm guessing he will get one for sure since he didn't have a season ending injury

• Like 1