Training Camp 2021!

N4L

9 minutes ago, N4L said:

It's this type of stuff that makes me say we are fiscally irresponsible more often than people realize. Seems like every year we have a lot of money allocated to guys we get zero snaps from. 

There should have been offset language. If we didn't have offset language, then it makes sense he would go elsewhere and double his income... 

Fwiw, I believe there is offset language, but we still have the dead money. 

12 hours ago, N4L said:

I actually think he made the team but Denver wanted him and they felt the difference between Griffith and whomever was immediately behind him was smaller than the value gained on the pick swap/future pick. When someone offers you more than you think a guy is worth based on his replacement value, you take it. Thats just good business. 

Griffith was really good this preseason. He was a standout to me and one of the growing lists of reasons I have the upmost confidence in this defensive coaching staff. 

Said the same exact thing

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Thank goodness, I was beginning to worry about Mayden. He looked really good in pre-season and would not be shocked at all if he ends up on the 53 when injuries occur. 

Yeah, I’m a huge Mayden  fan.  Glad we got him back.  

Edited by Jlooney1126

41 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Is this the first time in a while we didnt have a rookie UDFA make the 53? 

Pederson was waived earlier this summer, Watkins got released with an injury settlement, Hilliard claimed by the Giants, and Sullivan on the PS. Can't remember if we had any other UDFA's

Nobody made it last year as Udfa in terms of initial 53

• Like 1