Training Camp 2021!

N4L

4 minutes ago, John232 said:

Hudson is an interesting pickup. Some Bucs seemed really into him.

Yeah he is well-liked and apparently a pretty decent blocker. I really like the idea of having both Mathews and Hudson on the PS and the ability to call up either guy depending on what the gameplan is for the week. 

We want to go more run heavy, Hudson is the 4th TE. We want to go more pass heavy, Mathews is the 4th TE. 

I dont understand this. We are keeping him on the PS, which you can only elevate a guy from for 2 (or 3?) weeks, rather than keep him on the active roster. Are we expecting someone to get hurt? lol that cant be our long term plan, to have someone from the PS be our full time punt returner

I guess we can always just cut hurd? 

7 hours ago, N4L said:

I dont understand this. We are keeping him on the PS, which you can only elevate a guy from for 2 (or 3?) weeks, rather than keep him on the active roster. Are we expecting someone to get hurt? lol that cant be our long term plan, to have someone from the PS be our full time punt returner

I guess we can always just cut hurd? 

Where does it say you can only elevate a player from the practice squad for only 2-3 weeks? I haven't read that, just thought you can call up two players from the practice squad to the active roster and that you can protect four players from getting picked up by another team. 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Where does it say you can only elevate a player from the practice squad for only 2-3 weeks? I haven't read that, just thought you can call up two players from the practice squad to the active roster and that you can protect four players from getting picked up by another team. 

I think there is a limit. We had some issues with this also year. 

The PS rules are wonky. You can elevate twice a year during hte season without that person taking the place of another player on the 53. However, after you have done that twice, you need to cut / sign / etc and they will take the place of someone on the 53. So the first two times you  bring someone up from the PS, they basically give you a 55 man gameday roster. You will also have to expose the PS player to waivers when you move them back down from the active roster after 2 times. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

The PS rules are wonky. You can elevate twice a year during hte season without that person taking the place of another player on the 53. However, after you have done that twice, you need to cut / sign / etc and they will take the place of someone on the 53. So the first two times you  bring someone up from the PS, they basically give you a 55 man gameday roster. You will also have to expose the PS player to waivers when you move them back down from the active roster after 2 times. 

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

Ah got it, thank you. 

• Like 2

Hurd was limited in practice yesterday and isnt practicing today

Remind me again why we have this bum on the roster? Hes dead weight at this point and hes going to cost us 1.7 in cap space for no reason

He looked very slow against the raiders. He should have been put on the PS, at the minimum. 

Edited by N4L

22 minutes ago, N4L said:

Hurd was limited in practice yesterday and isnt practicing today

Remind me again why we have this bum on the roster? Hes dead weight at this point and hes going to cost us 1.7 in cap space for no reason

He looked very slow against the raiders. He should have been put on the PS, at the minimum. 

Reminds me when Dante Pettis made the team last year and started week 1 lol. 🤣