Randy Gregory...

Tony7188

Do any of you still have hope for Randy Gregory?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do any of you still have hope for Randy Gregory?

• Yes, he looks to have turned the corner.
    • No
    • Maybe. I'll wait until he's reinstated first.

11 hours ago, DaBoys said:

And that's the problem that rtnldave is doing his best to point out.  Randy Gregory coming back(even if he is still good) shouldn't change/solve a damn thing. He is one strike away from a permanent ban, right? That seems to me like a last thread. Even a false positive kills him at this point. Any snap he is able to take from here on out should be seen as unexpected/unsustainable contribution. 

Where I don't agree with Dave is not letting him back at all because of that. Yet his point remains valid. Any success from him shouldn't be seen as an answer to anything, but rather a random and unexpected contribution like Rolando gave us a few years ago. We in fact SHOULD be giddy about the prospective-based potential line of:

RDE Lawrence

1T Collins

3T Irving

LDE Taco

Maybe RG provides the 1 year stop-gap needed for Taco to develop into a dominant LDE? If RG were to do that then I would be happy. Taco was a late bloomer in college and... could be here as well.  If RG can buy us the time needed for that, while providing elite level pass rush before his next failed test, then why wouldn't you want that?  His crime(lol) wasn't henious enough to take a moral stance against it. So don't start.

I wouldn't be concerned about RG stopping them from getting another DE opposite Lawrence. They just drafted one in rd. 1.

I'd be more concerned about Taco keeping them from reinvesting in DE while hopelessly waiting for him to develop, and he never does.

Bottom line is, if RG can come back and get 1 sack in 1 game before his permanent ban; that's one sack more than we will get without him.

We've already invested in him. Might as well milk him for anything he's got.

Taco Charlton's best day is Randy Gregory's worst day on the football field. So I can't be giddy about a line like that. 

And if the reports are true, RG wont get a permanent ban

Guys a great talent who's got some personal issues, but as others have said his offenses are not violent. He's got some hurdles to overcome, but allowing him to do so I don't think potentially blemishes the team like it typically does in second or third chance situations. 

Plus how don't you get excited of the potential mismatch situation of having three potentially elite pass rushers lining up for your team on big 3rd downs? 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived