Rodgers is back.

Pugger

4 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Eh, I agree Rodgers likely would have been good other places too. I love that Ted and Gutey rarely moved on too late but hard to argue with him wanting to at least consider Julius, Jordy, and Charles on super cheap deals.

None of those guys moved on to super cheap deals though. I didn’t want to see any of them go but understood. IMO, Woodson left the biggest hole at a time that our safety position became a wasteland and he could have helped that. 

All of them left a giant hole in leadership and quality lockeroom guys. Top notch as far as that goes. 

Edited by Refugee

I understand Rodgers position. He loves his guys... but that is kind of the issue right? When it comes to building a team.

You can’t have feelings. Like does he not think the front office doesn’t think the world of the guys like Nelson or Cobb, etc. At some point they have to be “business” about this... and that always hurts feelings.

• Like 7

Andy Herman -   Rodgers on his future in Green Bay: "I'm definitely not closing the door on anything."

///

Okay, done. Lets put a cap on all the rear view mirror watching and get some things done moving forward.

Insanely surreal to see Rodgers give that candid press conference where he confirmed about 80% of what we heard from the Schefters and Rapaports on tv and have fans in the live running chat saying “see, the fake news lying media was at it again!”

• Like 2

Just now, Green19 said:

I understand Rodgers position. He loves his guys... but that is kind of the issue right? When it comes to building a team.

You can’t have feelings. Like does he not think the front office doesn’t think the world of the guys like Nelson or Cobb, etc. At some point they have to be “business” about this... and that always hurts feelings.

Yeah, one of the big problems with the stuff he was saying is that he listed like 5-7 guys who were all on the same team. You CANNOT pay them all without “low balling” them! He has to know this!

Just now, Isherwood said:

Insanely surreal to see Rodgers give that candid press conference where he confirmed about 80% of what we heard from the Schefters and Rapaports on tv and have fans in the live running chat saying “see, the fake news lying media was at it again!”

oh, i felt that everyone (at least the vast majority) believed that the reporters were reporting what they heard from their sources. The issue was always the sources themselves IMO

1 minute ago, Isherwood said:

Yeah, one of the big problems with the stuff he was saying is that he listed like 5-7 guys who were all on the same team. You CANNOT pay them all without “low balling” them! He has to know this!

making this worse, he didn't restructure back in Feb/Mar when he had the opportunity to add more guys to the 2021 roster (like his teammates did).

• Like 3

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

oh, i felt that everyone (at least the vast majority) believed that the reporters were reporting what they heard from their sources. The issue was always the sources themselves IMO

Sure, the people who can hold two thoughts in their head at one time said this, but a lot of people out there on the socials think Schefter made this up. Still do, somehow.

8 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

Yeah and maybe they are backups that need to start. There is a thing in hockey (nhl) where GMs trade or let guys go to get better roles and big money they can’t get here.

So are all these guys going to take sweetheart deals? I doubt it.

Hyde wouldnt have the role he does in Buffalo here. Like maybe we can blame coaching for not putting more on his plate etc. but it was obvious they couldnt afford those types of guys. More so when they are consistently paying a a premium number for a Qb.

Edited by Green19
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Talking heads were mostly right but Schefter doubling down on Rodgers being completely done with the team in any facet looks awfully ridiculous now. 

Sounds like he got taken for a ride. He can only report what he hears.