Peppers 

Jordy 

Lang 

Woodson 

Hyde 

Hayward? 

Peppers 

Goode 

Outside of Hyde/Hayward , it ended up being the right move moving on. 

I don’t think he can separate the business with the personal real well. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Eh, I agree Rodgers likely would have been good other places too. I love that Ted and Gutey rarely moved on too late but hard to argue with him wanting to at least consider Julius, Jordy, and Charles on super cheap deals.

Perhaps (though he did look pretty bad the first two years) but both being selected and getting the starting job were because Thompson and MM didn't bow to public pressure/sentimentality and stuck with him.

33 minutes ago, Refugee said:

None of those guys moved on to super cheap deals though. I didn’t want to see any of them go but understood. IMO, Woodson left the biggest hole at a time that our safety position became a wasteland and he could have helped that. 

All of them left a giant hole in leadership and quality lockeroom guys. Top notch as far as that goes. 

Rodgers referenced contracts JP and Jordy wanted to retire with the packers for another year for like $3million. He spoke with them this offseason about it he said.

5 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I caught some of it. He mentioned how they treated some of the core players 

Peppers 

Jordy 

Lang 

Woodson 

Hyde 

Hayward? 

Peppers 

Goode 

Outside of Hyde/Hayward , it ended up being the right move moving on. 

I don’t think he can separate the business with the personal real well. 

I just get a kick out of his referencing a long snapper lol

• Like 2

Again understand Rodgers position... I think most have felt that way with an employer etc. But like I have a feeling Rodgers would be bad at business.

The fact is all these guys want to retire a packer... ok Woodson, peppers and all them going to take vet minimum to make that happen? They going to be on the bottom of the roster play special teams (what those spots are for).

Part of the economy of this is that there are other teams that will have those spots and that money for those guys at their age. You can’t just collect these guys.

Plus look at Tate’s presser... he isn’t taking a discount. He wants top WR money. Like I get the “feels” he expressed, but it seems kind of short sided and not understanding of the position Gute is in. Like do you think Ted really got pleasure or joy out of trading Favre? Or Gute letting Jordy go? They have to be cold to these players because they are making tough choices. If they stopped to be a fan for a second... the job would get crazy hard.

Oh and again the QBs cap hit didn’t help maintain keeping these high character guys.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

You don't have to be sentimental to give a guy a proper good bye who played for you for 8+ years.

What's a proper good bye, though? Players don't get good bye tours when they're released. Maybe they get a meeting with the FO, maybe they don't. Usually it's just kind words and then a tribute press release followed by potential enshrinement in the team HoF down the line.

7 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Rodgers basically saying Favre stunk in 2005 lol

Favre: I’m not going to come back to any packer events until the current Qb is removed. What that QB doesn’t understand is that an organization is about the people... and that person just said I was bad at football.

The contention that Cobb and Clay weren't treated well in particular is absurd to me though those guys basically stole money from the organization on those bloated deals we gave them but hey that's not going to be the narrative this far down the line anymore.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Rodgers referenced contracts JP and Jordy wanted to retire with the packers for another year for like $3million. He spoke with them this offseason about it he said.

I just get a kick out of his referencing a long snapper lol

I’m just not buying it. I’m not buying the fact that because we moved on from these players years ago , he now wants out. 

The team went 13-3 two years straight and by and large have a top tier roster in the whole league . 

I don’t see a 16 year player who is as smart as Aaron just not understand the business side of football.

I also think it’s a better position for him to take rather than talking about the Love pick. I still don’t feel he’s secure with himself to have his potential replacement on the roster.