Rodgers is back.

Pugger

24 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Rodgers referenced contracts JP and Jordy wanted to retire with the packers for another year for like $3million. He spoke with them this offseason about it he said.

I just get a kick out of his referencing a long snapper lol

I don’t  know if I would take that as gospel truth but maybe in Jordy’s case. Pep got a nice sunset contract to go home and play with the team that drafted him. Wood, as well.  I find it hard to believe we wouldn’t have picked those guys up for 3 mil. We’ll never know. Don’t begrudge 12 for being sentimental but I would if the GM were.  

This will be a tough year with this schedule. If it is the last dance, I hope everyone stays healthy and plays out of their minds.  They can all get paid and GB will have big decisions next year no matter what.

Edited by Refugee

1 minute ago, Refugee said:

I don’t  know if I would take that as gospel truth but maybe in Jordy’s case. Pep got a nice sunset contract to go home and play with the team that drafted him. Wood, as well.  I find it hard to believe we wouldn’t have picked those guys up for 3 mil. We’ll never know. Don’t begrudge 12 for being sentimental but I would if the GM were.  

This will be a tough year with this schedule. If it is the last dance, I hope everyone stays healthy and plays out of their minds.  They can all get paid and GB will have big decisions next year no matter what.

I agree. When I said above I agree with him, I meant the logic ASSUMING the other stuff is true (which I suspect it's at least embellished by Rodgers here).

I suspect Rodgers isn't looking at it from Jordy or JP or Woodson's perspectives. I think he's ASSUMING what they would have done. And it's probably not accurate.

3 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

I do remember that Jordy was willing to take a paycut to stay in GB but he didn't like whatever it was Gute and the Packers proposed so things broke down and that was that.

He was at $9

He probably would have for $6

He DID (for oakland) for $7.5

Rodgers THINKS he would have for $3 because it fits his narrative more

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

This press conference sounds like a real corker .. gonna have to listen to it this evening.  Sounds like Aaron would be a rotten GM .. can't separate the personal from the professional very well.

I don't think you can expect anyone playing on a team now to be an effective GM making those decisions for his teammates livlihoods. It is unrealistic. He however does have a unique perspective, which is what his issue is about. I understand it. Watch it later for sure

Just now, JBURGE said:

I don't think you can expect anyone playing on a team now to be an effective GM making those decisions for his teammates livlihoods. It is unrealistic. He however does have a unique perspective, which is what his issue is about. I understand it. Watch it later for sure

ehhh...I think he wants it to come off that ONLY that is his issue. He says it, and it's very reasonable for him to make this point. HOWEVER, I think deep down he wants more than just that. He wants his advice TAKEN. Not just heard.

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

He was at $9

He probably would have for $6

He DID (for oakland) for $7.5

Rodgers THINKS he would have for $3 because it fits his narrative more

To be clear, he said $3m for Peppers, he did not put a dollar sign on Jordy, he said he "would be willing to come down. Way down." So maybe $5m would be reasonable. 

1 hour ago, Rodjahs12 said:

I wish I could have seen the look on Schefter's face the exact moment Rodgers said he wanted to be here and loved being here.

He confirmed tons of **** that Adam said that millions of Packers fans said was fake news and cried about and took way too personally. This did not make Adam look bad unless that's what you wanted it to do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

ehhh...I think he wants it to come off that ONLY that is his issue. He says it, and it's very reasonable for him to make this point. HOWEVER, I think deep down he wants more than just that. He wants his advice TAKEN. Not just heard.

I don't disagree because how can we possibly know the motivations. Trading for Cobb would lean that way. 

I have at least been consistent with this the entire off-season that "what if" all he wanted was what he presented today. I think what he presented is resaonable and honestly I would expect that from the FO. His input should be valued and respected wand weighed, but absolutely should not have final say. 

• Like 1