Rodgers is back.

Pugger

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

you must have had even lower expectations than me if his comments about running it past him prior to cutting Kumerow make him look "good" lol

(and I had pretty low expectations!)

At least he seemed honest about it all and was pretty articulate. Kumerow **** dumb as hell but whatever. It's about what I expected

Where I’m at now is that I’m really not too interested in his reasons. I don’t think he’s being 100% honest, and if he is then it’s his choice if he thinks it’s enough to leave the team. Probably won’t be his best career move but it’s his choice. 

This team deserves another shot at the title and I’m glad he’s back. 

Lot of things can happen this year. 

If the team can’t get it done again, I may feel a different way if they can do it or not . 

Maybe Love is really good and no matter what happens this year GB holds firm . 

or vice versa , he’s terrible and they have to give Aaron what he wants. 

Im just ready for the ride and see where it goes. I bet heavily on GB week 1 and for the SB. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Norm said:

He confirmed tons of **** that Adam said that millions of Packers fans said was fake news and cried about and took way too personally. This did not make Adam look bad unless that's what you wanted it to do.

Yeah he basically confirmed everything except that he asked for Gute to be fired (which still could have happened), or that he or his team leaked the news. 

It didn't make Schefty look bad at all, it was mostly all accurate. 

The telling part at the end when the guy said to Rodgers "every move the Packers make now, people are going to ask how  much influence you had in those conversations, how much of a distraction will that be" and Rodgers answered by saying "I don't expect to be a part of those conversations, so no distraction at all" tells us all we need to know, the org isn't budging on that and this should be his last year here. That plus him talking about still not having any reassurances past this year. 

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

I don't disagree because how can we possibly know the motivations. Trading for Cobb would lean that way. 

I have at least been consistent with this the entire off-season that "what if" all he wanted was what he presented today. I think what he presented is resaonable and honestly I would expect that from the FO. His input should be valued and respected wand weighed, but absolutely should not have final say. 

I agree with you. I don't necessarily agree that that isn't already happening. LIke obviously LaFleur is going to know Rodgers opinion on EVERYONE at a minimum. So his input is automatically injected via LaFleur. I think everyone agrees LaFleur would be an open and honest conduit for Aaron to Gute/Murphy.

It just feels a little manufactured and desperate and exaggerated to me. Like I feel Aaron is the only one who FEELS there is some wall/barrier between him on those guys (partly why I feel they all went out to personally visit him in Cali - to assuage that concern of his). I believe him that he feels ignored. But I don't believe he's ACTUALLY ignored.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Isherwood said:

Insanely surreal to see Rodgers give that candid press conference where he confirmed about 80% of what we heard from the Schefters and Rapaports on tv and have fans in the live running chat saying “see, the fake news lying media was at it again!”

Those people who were so mad at Adam are acting like this made him still look bad lol. I said on Reddit he confirmed a lot of what Schefter said and I had to delete my comment because everyone was so ******* butthurt

• Like 1

Just now, Norm said:
1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

You don't have to be sentimental to give a guy a proper good bye who played for you for 8+ years.

What are you referencing here

Rodgers listing off the players who were either not offered a contract, extremely lowballed, or not given  respect on the way out"

• Like 1

So I feel like people have already had their minds made up on the type of man Aaron is even before this. Does this change anything? Personally a big narrative is his silence would allow him to just say it wasn't true etc etc... So for me I really respect the honestly and thought out answers. I also believe him. I'm glad he's back under center for us, but has this changed anything through out the fan base?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Those people who were so mad at Adam are acting like this made him still look bad lol. I said on Reddit he confirmed a lot of what Schefter said and I had to delete my comment because everyone was so ******* butthurt

I don’t get it. The big insider guys nailed everything EXCEPT that Rodgers would ultimately refuse to return to the team and maybe the timeline of things. Pretty much everything else was admitted by AR12 one way or another. People and the realities they craft for themselves, I tell ya

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

I never had a problem or thought Schefter was the problem. My MEDIA that I think is **** is all the other talking heads, and stupid stories that came out. How he is definitely a Bronco etc. I think the media in a large part still blew this up more than it had to be, but the real story was always there, and mostly factual. That was the story we heard on draft day from Schefty.

• Like 1

Just now, Toddfather said:

So I feel like people have already had their minds made up on the type of man Aaron is even before this. Does this change anything? Personally a big narrative is his silence would allow him to just say it wasn't true etc etc... So for me I really respect the honestly and thought out answers. I also believe him. I'm glad he's back under center for us, but has this changed anything through out the fan base?

I respect the honesty and am glad he’s here for 1 more run, even if I think his concerns do not align with the severity of his reaction to them. The stuff he’s talking about happens with veterans on nearly every NFL team, every year. He can argue that that’s a negative side of NFL business, but it is not something that is exclusive to the Packers front office. I would hope he would realize that.

• Like 2

Just now, Toddfather said:

I never had a problem or thought Schefter was the problem. My MEDIA that I think is **** is all the other talking heads, and stupid stories that came out. How he is definitely a Bronco etc. I think the media in a large part still blew this up more than it had to be, but the real story was always there, and mostly factual. That was the story we heard on draft day from Schefty.

Oh yeah, the morning talking head speculation-hot-take-presented-as-fact stuff is the absolute worst. 

3 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

So I feel like people have already had their minds made up on the type of man Aaron is even before this. Does this change anything?

Actually yes. I feel like he's less arrogant but more insecure than I thought before. Now I believe he legitimately feels left-out (in a situation where he's not actually left out).

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Toddfather said:

It's about what I expected. I don't care enough to go find it but I basically said what Rodgers said today. Whether or not it is totally honest is another story. Listening to Gute's presser he seemed pretty disingenuous about the whole thing, stating Rodgers has always had the input and now they need to "implement it". Also confirming that they did not call Rodgers BEFORE drafting Love is embarrassing imo. Gute just operates how the Packers have always done so since I have been a fan, which is very tight lipped and corporate to fans. WHich is ironic considering they are the only fan owned team.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Norm said:

He confirmed tons of **** that Adam said that millions of Packers fans said was fake news and cried about and took way too personally. This did not make Adam look bad unless that's what you wanted it to do.

I haven't denied that he was mostly correct in what he was conveying. The part he wasn't right about and the most prominent part of his position was this not being in any way fixable. Rodgers just buried that by saying he still loves being here. That wasn't what Schefter was trying to convey at all just 2 weeks ago.

• Like 1