Rodgers is back.

Pugger

2 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

I respect the honesty and am glad he’s here for 1 more run, even if I think his concerns do not align with the severity of his reaction to them. The stuff he’s talking about happens with veterans on nearly every NFL team, every year. He can argue that that’s a negative side of NFL business, but it is not something that is exclusive to the Packers front office. I would hope he would realize that.

What stood out to me was when he brought up talking to a lot of his old team mates and current ones about what they felt. It is a business and it is always going to be cold at times. I don't think it's asking a lot to communicate with your players. I don't know if it was Lang or Bulaga, but the organization never said a thing to them. I don't think the Packers are evil, or very different from a lot of front offices. I think everyone can always work on improving communication. I also give credit to the Packers for in all reality letting Aaron say his piece in Green Bay at the Packers camp instead of some other show. I think maybe acknowledging these players are humans too isn't a bad thing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

It's about what I expected. I don't care enough to go find it but I basically said what Rodgers said today. Whether or not it is totally honest is another story. Listening to Gute's presser he seemed pretty disingenuous about the whole thing, stating Rodgers has always had the input and now they need to "implement it". Also confirming that they did not call Rodgers BEFORE drafting Love is embarrassing imo. Gute just operates how the Packers have always done so since I have been a fan, which is very tight lipped and corporate to fans. WHich is ironic considering they are the only fan owned team.

I don’t think Gute is being disingenuous. I believe him that his door is always open to players that want to talk and give feed back. I think the difference here is Rodgers has the status in the league to be like don’t just pay me lip service which is what the hole implementing comment is likely referencing.

Gute likely listen to Rodgers and was like “yeah I’m not doing that” in his head. And he and Ted did that too many times. They needed to give Rodgers “wins”. The Cobb trade is a win. I’d imagine when they cut down the roster to 53 this year Rodgers going to have a few more wins.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

The big insider guys nailed everything EXCEPT that Rodgers would ultimately refuse to return to the team and maybe the timeline of things.

And......coupling that with wanting Gute fired - which when paired can only exist in the real world with AR saying he's not coming back to GB - cause GB's *never* gonna fire the GM over the stuff he said - hence it becomes a demand to be traded w/o actually demanding to be traded in actual words.

The "it's about the people" thing encapsulated everything he had to say about Jake and how players were let go. Oh well. It's a tough business - which - he was trying to prevent from happening to him in so much as after 2021 was the earliest GB could feasibly move off of him - in the same manner.

Of course......he could always take a huge pay cut. You know - the kind he implies others were willing to take in order to stay? You know - like the one he's not taking now to keep players on the current roster? There's a fair amount of both sideism going on.

My biggest bummer of the day is Adams. Unless we tag him he'll also be gone - probably in the same year as AR. Thats a *****

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Rodgers just buried that by saying he still loves being here. That wasn't what Schefter was trying to convey at all just 2 weeks ago.

Yep. I think Rodgers is genuine when he says he loves it here. I think he wanted badly to go out, on top, on his terms, in Green Bay. I think he feels like he doesn't get heard as much as he wants to by management. I think he feels scorned and could teld Schefter thinks like that (like a bitter ex), but also as a negotiating strategy, too.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I’m just not buying it. I’m not buying the fact that because we moved on from these players years ago , he now wants out

Tom Brady....

That's what this is. This is why it came out.. He saw Brady go to TB and they're like oh you want gronk, here you go. Oh you want crazy insane Antonio brown, fine. I'm sure when they draft skills they make sure Brady gets his input. And he's never had that.. And he watches a dude move on, get what he wants and win it all in year one. I really think it's that simple. It's what I've thought all along. 

• Like 1

Just now, Norm said:

Tom Brady....

That's what this is. This is why it came out.. He saw Brady go to TB and they're like oh you want gronk, here you go. Oh you want crazy insane Antonio brown, fine. I'm sure when they draft skills they make sure Brady gets his input. And he's never had that.. And he watches a dude move on, get what he wants and win it all in year one. I really think it's that simple. It's what I've thought all along. 

I guess that answers that then eh? :)

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Tom Brady....

I think that Brady was the catalyst for this, yes. I still think it was building up over time. 

Other thought... maybe GB just knows that at the end of the day releasing guys or not resigning them is tough. And like Rodgers stated... there is wisdom in silence. Why even talk to these guys when they know they can’t give them a quality offer.

The time for celebrating them isn’t the day of their release... it’s when they go into the packer hall of fame.

Woodson left on a sour note. He is coming back and going into the hall and that’s going to be the respect given to his time here. The team likely will do the event up.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Again understand Rodgers position... I think most have felt that way with an employer etc. But like I have a feeling Rodgers would be bad at business.

The fact is all these guys want to retire a packer... ok Woodson, peppers and all them going to take vet minimum to make that happen? They going to be on the bottom of the roster play special teams (what those spots are for).

Part of the economy of this is that there are other teams that will have those spots and that money for those guys at their age. You can’t just collect these guys.

Plus look at Tate’s presser... he isn’t taking a discount. He wants top WR money. Like I get the “feels” he expressed, but it seems kind of short sided and not understanding of the position Gute is in. Like do you think Ted really got pleasure or joy out of trading Favre? Or Gute letting Jordy go? They have to be cold to these players because they are making tough choices. If they stopped to be a fan for a second... the job would get crazy hard.

Oh and again the QBs cap hit didn’t help maintain keeping these high character guys.

Woodson took the veteran minimum after leaving GB. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Green19 said:
10 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

It's about what I expected. I don't care enough to go find it but I basically said what Rodgers said today. Whether or not it is totally honest is another story. Listening to Gute's presser he seemed pretty disingenuous about the whole thing, stating Rodgers has always had the input and now they need to "implement it". Also confirming that they did not call Rodgers BEFORE drafting Love is embarrassing imo. Gute just operates how the Packers have always done so since I have been a fan, which is very tight lipped and corporate to fans. WHich is ironic considering they are the only fan owned team.

I don’t think Gute is being disingenuous. I believe him that his door is always open to players that want to talk and give feed back. I think the difference here is Rodgers has the status in the league to be like don’t just pay me lip service which is what the hole implementing comment is likely referencing.

Gute likely listen to Rodgers and was like “yeah I’m not doing that” in his head. And he and Ted did that too many times. They needed to give Rodgers “wins”. The Cobb trade is a win. I’d imagine when they cut down the roster to 53 this year Rodgers going to have a few more wins.

I think what you are saying is supporting Gute being disingenuous. He says in his presser that he has always had an input, his door is open, but the input is not considered so what is the point in saying anything? 

I don't think they necessarily have to give Rodgers "wins" because that implies that they don't want to do those things and they're just placating Rpodgers by doing them. I think that his input in genuinely important in some cases and could help them make some decisions. 

2 minutes ago, FAH1223 said:

Woodson took the veteran minimum after leaving GB. 

Yeah, he basically took three $3M ish 1 year deals with Oakland from 13-15 and still played at a fair level. In 2013 we started MD Jennings at safetyt for christ sake. 

• Like 2