Rodgers is back.

Pugger

6 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I think that Brady was the catalyst for this, yes. I still think it was building up over time. 

Oh for sure. I just honestly think Brady is what put him over the edge. I think Cobb is a huge tell on that. It wasn't that Cobb is this great catalyst for us to win a SB, he just had to"force" them to bring a guy in because Tom got to

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Green19 said:

And was his role special teams in Oakland? Sure he made the money work... did he make the role work?

Went to a pro bowl in Oakland... I always wondered what it would of been like having him part of the 2014 team... The Woodson and the Jordy gone for Graham are two moves I thought they got dead wrong. Easy to say in hindsight I know...

3 minutes ago, Green19 said:

And was his role special teams in Oakland? Sure he made the money work... did he make the role work?

Woodson started 48 of 48 games from 13-15 on Oakland, had 97-113-74 tackles and 1-4-5 INTs. Special teams for sure

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

I think what you are saying is supporting Gute being disingenuous. He says in his presser that he has always had an input, his door is open, but the input is not considered so what is the point in saying anything? 

I don't think they necessarily have to give Rodgers "wins" because that implies that they don't want to do those things and they're just placating Rpodgers by doing them. I think that his input in genuinely important in some cases and could help them make some decisions. 

I think it would be the same thing if Gute tried to offer advice to Todgers about playing the position of QB... given Gute has scouted a ton.

Im sure Rodgers would pay him the respect to listen... but isn’t going to take the information too seriously. I don’t think that’s disingenuous, I just think it’s being nice. The issue here is one side thinks he knows better.

And Gute said Rodgers needs those wins... because Rodgers being happy is the best thing for GB success. So he needs those wins to play and play well apparently.

8 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I think that Brady was the catalyst for this, yes. I still think it was building up over time. 

Absolutely. Brady's frustrations with the Pats at the end wasn't exactly a secret and then Rodgers gets to see first hand the freedom Brady had in Tampa Bay en route to winning another SB.

3 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I think it would be the same thing if Gute tried to offer advice to Todgers about playing the position of QB... given Gute has scouted a ton.

Im sure Rodgers would pay him the respect to listen... but isn’t going to take the information too seriously. I don’t think that’s disingenuous, I just think it’s being nice. The issue here is one side thinks he knows better.

And Gute said Rodgers needs those wins... because Rodgers being happy is the best thing for GB success. So he needs those wins to play and play well apparently.

So what I am saying is Gute is being disingenuous to US, the fanbase and owners. He is telling us that Rodgers has always had input. I am not saying he is being disingenuous to Rodgers, but I think that has been pretty clear.

With your comparison, I don't think it is a great one. I think Rodgers' opinion on locker room leaders and who he is throwing to is more of a direct link to Gute telling Rodgers hopw to play QB when he has won 3 MVPs and has an offensive head coach, OC and QB coach who do that. 

Edited by JBURGE

56 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I don’t  know if I would take that as gospel truth but maybe in Jordy’s case. Pep got a nice sunset contract to go home and play with the team that drafted him. Wood, as well.  I find it hard to believe we wouldn’t have picked those guys up for 3 mil. We’ll never know. Don’t begrudge 12 for being sentimental but I would if the GM were.  

This will be a tough year with this schedule. If it is the last dance, I hope everyone stays healthy and plays out of their minds.  They can all get paid and GB will have big decisions next year no matter what.

I think that’s Rodgers point. If accurate, he’s saying they wanted to stay in GB for less money.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I agree with you. I don't necessarily agree that that isn't already happening. LIke obviously LaFleur is going to know Rodgers opinion on EVERYONE at a minimum. So his input is automatically injected via LaFleur. I think everyone agrees LaFleur would be an open and honest conduit for Aaron to Gute/Murphy.

It just feels a little manufactured and desperate and exaggerated to me. Like I feel Aaron is the only one who FEELS there is some wall/barrier between him on those guys (partly why I feel they all went out to personally visit him in Cali - to assuage that concern of his). I believe him that he feels ignored. But I don't believe he's ACTUALLY ignored.

You can feel ignored if your ideas and input don't come to reality in the end. 

Just now, Rodjahs12 said:

Has anyone gotten MVS off of twitch to let him know all this bad news for him yet?

Realistically he could be pushed down to #4 over this. I'd hate it but that's where we are.

I think that's where he belongs anyway. He has done nothing to show he would thrive in a #2 role because he has had 2 years to do it. If he does, then great, it's not like the players in the WR will stop him from being the #2. He is just so limited on short to intermediate routes that it is hard to give him those reps imo. 

15 minutes ago, Norm said:

Tom Brady....

That's what this is. This is why it came out.. He saw Brady go to TB and they're like oh you want gronk, here you go. Oh you want crazy insane Antonio brown, fine. I'm sure when they draft skills they make sure Brady gets his input. And he's never had that.. And he watches a dude move on, get what he wants and win it all in year one. I really think it's that simple. It's what I've thought all along. 

That makes a lot of sense. I definitely do see that.  If we were a average to above average team I’d sympathize with that, but we’re not. We are a top tier team as good as anyone 

Like I said before, lot of things can happen this year. This team deserves another shot, if they don’t then let’s see where we are . 

Just now, JBURGE said:

I think that's where he belongs anyway. He has done nothing to show he would thrive in a #2 role because he has had 2 years to do it. If he does, then great, it's not like the players in the WR will stop him from being the #2. He is just so limited on short to intermediate routes that it is hard to give him those reps imo. 

I keep expecting the shorter stuff to come around but that hasn't happened yet. Regardless I like having him on the field just for the threat he presents and him being the guy with the most potential for growth. Adams Lazard Cobb as your primary 3 is a slow group. There's no way around that and I fear a situation like 2015 where separation is hard to come by. Granted LaFleur seems to be much much better at creating that schematically than McCarthy did so could work out but it wouldn't be real pretty.

Just now, Rainmaker90 said:

That makes a lot of sense. I definitely do see that.  If we were a average to above average team I’d sympathize with that, but we’re not. We are a top tier team as good as anyone 

Like I said before, lot of things can happen this year. This team deserves another shot, if they don’t then let’s see where we are . 

I'm sure he's tired of being a really good team that doesn't win it all. You could use Brady and all his rings again here. I'm sure he thinks a piece here or there and whatnot would have put us over, like many fans do. 

I'm sure he's "happy" with what we did most regular seasons for sure.