Rodgers is back.

Pugger

5 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Has anyone gotten MVS off of twitch to let him know all this bad news for him yet?

Realistically he could be pushed down to #4 over this. I'd hate it but that's where we are.

I really don't think this is the case. He has a very specific role and he'll still be used there. Neither guy that came in is going to take those reps. 

Also, what does he stream on twitch? I never knew he did that

• Like 1

Just now, Norm said:

I really don't think this is the case. He has a very specific role and he'll still be used there. Neither guy that came in is going to take those reps. 

He plays a ton of warzone with a couple top guys on the game. Haven't watched a ton of him but from what I've seen he's pretty likable on a personal level.

If there is anything to take out of all of this, hopefully it's the FO being better at communicating with their players/core guys. Getting FA's to sign with GB is a hard sell as it is, so don't want them to earn a reputation around the league amongst players that they don't care about guys(whether that criticism is fair or not). Murphy did basically admit in his presser yesterday that they could have communicated better

Edited by deltarich87
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Norm said:
9 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Has anyone gotten MVS off of twitch to let him know all this bad news for him yet?

Realistically he could be pushed down to #4 over this. I'd hate it but that's where we are.

@Rodjahs12 pretty much this. His role hasnt been replaced and I don't see anything replacing it this year. He just may have less snaps to do it in.

58 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

This press conference sounds like a real corker .. gonna have to listen to it this evening.  Sounds like Aaron would be a rotten GM .. can't separate the personal from the professional very well.

I think that was part of Starr's problem when he was HC....He'd hire ex-teammates and cronies like Zeke Bratkowski to be part of his coaching staff....Not saying he wasn't knowledgeable when it came to football, but was he the best choice?...

Just now, Norm said:

I swear pro athletes only play BR games. 

ye. Golden Tate is another one who is on there a lot. Probably the most of any current player he played enough this summer to get nothing football related done at all lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

As long as he sees 6 or so targets at least more weeks than not I'll be happy. Just don't want to see him completely frozen out.

I sure hope he sees about that too. He can be so frustrating but he's still crazy valuable imo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I caught some of it. He mentioned how they treated some of the core players 

Peppers 

Jordy 

Lang 

Woodson 

Hyde 

Hayward? 

Peppers 

Goode 

Outside of Hyde/Hayward , it ended up being the right move moving on. 

I don’t think he can separate the business with the personal real well. 

Hyde and Heyward elevated when they left. 

It made sense for us to not resigned them based on what they did here. 

Heyward was always hurt too.

It hurt to watch them all reach new All Por status after leaving.

I watched and listened to the presser.  Went into it PO'd at Rodgers.  Came out of it hating myself because I agreed with a lot of what he said.

On his relationship with Gute.  "Professional".  Which is what it should be at a minimum.  With no elaboration, I'm totally reading between the lines here, but he wants more from the GM.  

About the "leaks".  Didn't come from him or his agent.  Hated that it came out around the draft.  Prefers to keep things private.  Said that a lot of progress was made the last few weeks.

About player player input....  All he wants is his voice heard.  Feels that he knows the locker room well, and can help recruit free agents.

About his city and coaches....Loves them.

On his contract....There were never any guarantees after 2021-22 season.  Obviously that is what he wanted, but did not get.  We knew he wanted to control his future, and he confirmed it.

About being committed to the season.  Total commitment. Next year?  Different story.  I'd say there is maybe a 10% he is here after this year.  High water mark is probably 30% that he stays here, and it would take a massive financial offer.

About past players.  70% Charles Woodson is still a "helluva" player.  Peppers at $3M, wanted to retire a Packer.  Jordy.  Yah, I got that.  Then he mentioned Goode, a long snapper.  Christ, kill me now.

I watched his face a lot, looking for "tells" and smirks.  There weren't many.  I thought he was being very open, and very genuine.  

Hate that I came away from this agreeing with him on many things.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Norm said:

I'm sure he's tired of being a really good team that doesn't win it all. You could use Brady and all his rings again here. I'm sure he thinks a piece here or there and whatnot would have put us over, like many fans do. 

I'm sure he's "happy" with what we did most regular seasons for sure.

I don’t really agree with that . The roster wasn’t the reason why they lost to Tampa. Too many players on our side did not have a great game and there was a lot of 50-50/flukey plays that didn’t go our way. 

If this was the middle/end of the McCarthy era, I’d be with Aaron 100%. He carried us for so long. That’s not the case now.

Hes here , we have a great chance at the SB, let’s see how this goes and figure out where we’re at after the season.

27 minutes ago, Norm said:

Oh for sure. I just honestly think Brady is what put him over the edge. I think Cobb is a huge tell on that. It wasn't that Cobb is this great catalyst for us to win a SB, he just had to" force" them to bring a guy in because Tom got to

Cobb is returning to Green Bay because:

A) GB doesn't have a slot-type WR who's played a single snap in the NFL and Cobb's experience in that role just might elevate offensive consistency and help the team win.

or

B) Rodgers just wants to waste precious cap space, draft capital and roster spots for the sole purpose of making  management dance.