Rodgers is back.

Pugger

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I watched and listened to the presser.  Went into it PO'd at Rodgers.  Came out of it hating myself because I agreed with a lot of what he said.

On his relationship with Gute.  "Professional".  Which is what it should be at a minimum.  With no elaboration, I'm totally reading between the lines here, but he wants more from the GM.  

About the "leaks".  Didn't come from him or his agent.  Hated that it came out around the draft.  Prefers to keep things private.  Said that a lot of progress was made the last few weeks.

About player player input....  All he wants is his voice heard.  Feels that he knows the locker room well, and can help recruit free agents.

About his city and coaches....Loves them.

On his contract....There were never any guarantees after 2021-22 season.  Obviously that is what he wanted, but did not get.  We knew he wanted to control his future, and he confirmed it.

About being committed to the season.  Total commitment. Next year?  Different story.  I'd say there is maybe a 10% he is here after this year.  High water mark is probably 30% that he stays here, and it would take a massive financial offer.

About past players.  70% Charles Woodson is still a "helluva" player.  Peppers at $3M, wanted to retire a Packer.  Jordy.  Yah, I got that.  Then he mentioned Goode, a long snapper.  Christ, kill me now.

I watched his face a lot, looking for "tells" and smirks.  There weren't many.  I thought he was being very open, and very genuine.  

Hate that I came away from this agreeing with him on many things.

That’s real interesting, because I’m the exact opposite. I’m not mad at him but more confused mainly because I feel Gute has been absolutely incredible in his tenure. 

• Like 1

It was a giant bummer of a presser.  He confirmed all the worst things we heard this summer.  Also, even though we placated him with Cobb, he’s still pissed that he’s not getting enough input in and he really all but closed the door for 2022.  

Ugh, I know we’re all admiring him for his honesty and ****, but maybe just lie and make us feel less horrible. 

And, the leak stuff is ridiculous, his insinuation the Org leaked it is insane. No way they wanted that out there on draft day.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Then he mentioned Goode, a long snapper.  Christ, kill me now.

This was so great lol. A ******* long snapper. They must have been pretty good buddies.

16 minutes ago, Les Punting said:

Cobb is returning to Green Bay because:

A) GB doesn't have a slot-type WR who's played a single snap in the NFL and Cobb's experience in that role just might elevate offensive consistency and help the team win.

or

B) Rodgers just wants to waste precious cap space, draft capital and roster spots for the sole purpose of making  management dance. 

Hopefully it's not exclusively B haha and it's a blend of both. But I still think it was like he had to look around the league and go "hmm okay so who can I pick to be the guy I make the FO go get."

7 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

It was a giant bummer of a presser.  He confirmed all the worst things we heard this summer.  Also, even though we placated him with Cobb, he’s still pissed that he’s not getting enough input in and he really all but closed the door for 2022.  

Ugh, I know we’re all admiring him for his honesty and ****, but maybe just lie and make us feel less horrible. 

And, the leak stuff is ridiculous, his insinuation the Org leaked it is insane. No way they wanted that out there on draft day.

Interesting. I think honesty is the best policy. He chose to come out and answer the questions now during camp. I don't think he is going to do this again. It's here's what happened, why it happened. steps that were taken, and i'm here day 1 of camp fully committed. Now it's super bowl or bust. IMO its a better approach than shrugging it off and having passive aggressive statements in every presser during the season. Lets it all out now, get to work, and we will talk about next season after this season.

To your main point though... It is sad that it is all true... 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Not a ton of variation in long snapper play but I will say Goode was consistently great at it for a hell of a long time for us.

He was but iirc he was hurt like the whole end of his career here. I'm guessing they moved on and said well we'll just keep this guy now. 

Idk why he'd still be talking about that

Edited by Norm

So Rodgers told us all off season it was not about the money. Then he says in his presser he thought they might extend him after is MVP year and give him more guaranteed money. This pig was paid something line 98 million dollars within the fist year of a 4 year deal and he wanted MORE MONEY!

Then has the audacity to complain about not being involved in 'recruiting' free agents! What is his pitch? "Hey, come to Green Bay, I took up most of the cap space but at least you'll get to be on my team!"

Not at all on his side after this manipulative press conference! 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Hey, come to Green Bay, I took up most of the cap space but at least you'll get to be on my team!"

Lolol good ******* point

****, that's kinda scary now. Like if he actually thinks people should take way less just to play on his team

Edited by Norm

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

What is his pitch? "Hey, come to Green Bay, I took up most of the cap space but at least you'll get to be on my team!"

He made it VERY clear he was totally ok with his teammates taking a lot less money to play with His Majesty.

This is 100% aaron rodgers, and he's unaware of this part I think.

• Like 2