Rodgers is back.

Pugger

10 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Rodgers:  I wanted more money for an MVP season.   I also could be a recruiter for FA, you know, the ones that want a nice contract via FA.....with the limited cap space GB has partly due to some contracts on the roster.....but not mine.

I also think some past veterans would have stayed with GB for less, especially the core players.  

Does Rodgers not understand the finances of the NFL salary cap?

But also Davante Adams resolutely will not take less to stay and play with Rodgers, hypothetically 

8 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Just me thinking here, which is dangerous.  It isn't totally Gute.  It's more Russ Ball.  My take is that he wishes the GM would take control of the cap guy and be more aware of how valuable good veterans are.  Especially if Rodgers tells them about how great they are in the locker room, and has inside knowledge of deals that they'd take to stay in GB.

But that is just me spitballing.  And I'm tired.  So.  Very.  Tired.

Completely agree. Ball is the one writing up all the team friendly deals 

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Just me thinking here, which is dangerous.  It isn't totally Gute.  It's more Russ Ball.  My take is that he wishes the GM would take control of the cap guy and be more aware of how valuable good veterans are.  Especially if Rodgers tells them about how great they are in the locker room, and has inside knowledge of deals that they'd take to stay in GB.

But that is just me spitballing.  And I'm tired.  So.  Very.  Tired.

I think that makes a lot of sense. I’m sure Russ Ball isn’t a favorite of the former players he chose not to pay ( with the input of Gute)

Gute seems like a solid communicator and a pretty descent dude. Same with MLF. I personally think he’s upset that he hasn’t gotten his way. 

Im glad the year is beginning and hopefully people choose to focus on it more so than the off-season crap 

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -   Finally saw the Rodgers press conference. Thoughts:

-Rodgers tried to get more power & assurances but lost
-Packers have no intention of giving Rodgers input
-Rodgers is here & will give 100% this year, but he isn’t happy
-Ego Level: Maximum
-All signs point to a 2022 breakup

I don't think the Packers went into the draft intending to draft a QB in the first round.

I think they've always planned a trade up for one of the WRs either Jefferson or Aiyuk.

When Jefferson was taken the Packers must've been very busy trying to trade up at that point. There would've been a maximum 30 minutes from the time Jefferson was picked to when Aiyuk was picked. 30 minutes is not a lot of time to get on the phones to teams, talk to your coaches and scouts. Don't forget, they were all at home. Everyone chatting at the same time on some zoom type call as well as being on the phone to other teams and watching the board and planning their next move. Not easy. Don't forget Gute had his children in the room with him so they may have been somewhat distracting. It was an very unusual situation for everybody.

If they were targeting a WR there was no need to get in touch with Rodgers so the clock ticked away. It wasn't until Aiyuk was suddenly drafted and the Packers only had 10 minutes to make a decision. Remember the difficulty of the communication, The logistics of that and the limited time remaining would've made it difficult to talk to Rodgers at that point. They made their decision and traded up anyway to select the best remaining player on their board. Jordan Love.

I bet they called Rodgers after the pick was made but nobody talks about that.

Sometimes with the draft you could plan as much as you want but all of that can suddenly be thrown out of the window and you find yourself making decisions you never expected to make and I suspect this is what happened with the Packers, having to make quick decisions on the fly. Being in a high stress situation, calling Rodgers isn't going to be a high priority at that point, they have their jobs to do, they spent a year planning for the draft and they are paid to make the right decisions. Worrying what the players might think is the least of their concerns. I think it was a perfect storm of circumstances that did not enable the Packers to give Rodgers a heads up as quickly as they would've liked.

To be fair Gute has gone on record in the past saying he would take a QB in the first round if the circumstances was right. We know they had real interest in Drew Lock. I'm sure they communicated this to Rodgers in the past that were was a possibility of drafting a QB. It didn't happen that year but i'm sure Rodgers was not blind to the possibility one would be drafted in the near future.

tbf for me all this is much ado about nothing. Its the media making a mountain out of a molehill.

Reporter: What is your realtionship like with Gute?
Rodgers: Professional 

Reporter: What is your relationship with Rodgers?
Gute: Professional

Where professional is code for - I think he is a wanker

Both seemed very non-committal to anything past this year. Gute I believe even said it is good for Jordan to see Rodgers play for another year i.e nothing more than this year

I do think we are winning the Super Bowl, purely as a farewell tour to stick it to the organsation from Rodgers and Adams et al.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I'll be rooting for him on the field but ain't no well in hell I'm watching his press conferences or listening to his BS lol.

He’s got people convinced (Stephen A Smith) that he was terribly wronged and treated like trash.

There's still a major disconnect between Gute/front office and Rodgers.  Rodgers says he has no input .. Gute says he has always had input.  Rodgers says they treat outgoing players like crap .. Gute says that couldn't be farther from the truth.  This season might just wind up being a perfect mix of crazy that helps leads to a title, or maybe more likely a big mess.  All told I wish the Packers would have dealt Aaron in February or March.  It's a very broken relationship. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gopackgo972 said:

He’s got people convinced (Stephen A Smith) that he was terribly wronged and treated like trash.

Or the talking heads that are part of the media I hate are taking something rational he said and making it a 5 alarm fire. How many people thought they would get the presser they got today? God damn, the narrative was he was a  me first coward and was silent so he could say he never felt that way, or never said those things... Instead you got a human at the top of his game being honest with you. Wanting to be more involved. Did he handle everything correctly? Hell no. Could he have been a bigger part in accomplishing better communication? Hell yes he could. That is the part that is over. Now we know we have one more year with him at least. I think it will be 100% football from this point on with him. You guys should appreciate what transpired today. Turn off the Smiths and Cowherds... They bring nothing of substance. You heard it straight forward from the man himself. There are no hostages, threats, or demands. There is at least one more year. Just enjoy it, because nothing is guaranteed.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, gopackgo972 said:

Anybody who has to vacation in Hawaii cause GB isn't a place a rich, spoiled diva would consider appropriate, must be in the best position to understand mistreatment....

Edited by 40Year Pack Fan

IMO, I’m satisfied with the honesty and transparency that unfolded in the presser.  At least we now know how AR feels and speculation about it can stop.  Course, it won’t stop the media morons from spinning it any way they like, but at least we have enough information to easily filter the BS.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

IMO, I’m satisfied with the honesty and transparency that unfolded in the presser.  At least we now know how AR feels and speculation about it can stop.  Course, it won’t stop the media morons from spinning it any way they like, but at least we have enough information to easily filter the BS.

I'm tuning out the media morons. The remote will stay within reach. Dont need the aggravation of their BS.

• Like 1