Rodgers is back.

Pugger

Was extremely pissed after the draft day debacle and all this came to light.  Huge Rodgers fan throughout his career.  Felt for him after he was drafted the fans were not to kind.  Would listen to Tuesdays with Aaron on the way to work.  Wanted him traded after the blow up.  

Listened to his presser and finally got his side of the story.  Can empathize with his position.  Sounds like a pretty rigid FO and some serious lack of communication.  I'm back on the Rodgers train.  Said he didn't leak it nor did his agent.  I still have my doubts about that.  

The guy wants to win and does deserve a seat at the table.  I'll give him that.  We'll see what transpires going forward.  They should at least listen to him if he can help bring in a few quality FA's for below market value think that is worth investigation.  

He flipped me with his presser.  Glad he came out and laid it all out.  Surprised he was so candid.  

I'm all good and looking forward to bringing home the Lombardi.  If the Pack is going to do it better be this year.  We are going to lose some guys in 2022.  Don't think Adams will get done.  Very unsure about Rodgers as well. 

1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

Was extremely pissed after the draft day debacle and all this came to light.  Huge Rodgers fan throughout his career.  Felt for him after he was drafted the fans were not to kind.  Would listen to Tuesdays with Aaron on the way to work.  Wanted him traded after the blow up.  

Listened to his presser and finally got his side of the story.  Can empathize with his position.  Sounds like a pretty rigid FO and some serious lack of communication.  I'm back on the Rodgers train.  Said he didn't leak it nor did his agent.  I still have my doubts about that.  

The guy wants to win and does deserve a seat at the table.  I'll give him that.  We'll see what transpires going forward.  They should at least listen to him if he can help bring in a few quality FA's for below market value think that is worth investigation.  

He flipped me with his presser.  Glad he came out and laid it all out.  Surprised he was so candid.  

I'm all good and looking forward to bringing home the Lombardi.  If the Pack is going to do it better be this year.  We are going to lose some guys in 2022.  Don't think Adams will get done.  Very unsure about Rodgers as well. 

Again, Adam’s isnt going anywhere- they will franchise him if they can’t come to an agreement (they will, in season).

53 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

Last dance.

Then Krause ships him for a ransom.

AR gets no extra money but does get Cobb & Kelly for a one year rental.

No prisoners. No compromise. This is "professional": it's just business.

Only question is why did the FO sour on Rodgers back in 2020, enough to draft an early replacement.

Because Rodgers play at that time made it appear he was in decline....His stats weren't terrible, they just weren't AR like....

Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- It's now in writing that Aaron Rodgers will have a much easier time leaving the Green Bay Packers after this season, if he so chooses.

Rodgers on Thursday signed his reworked deal, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Among the concessions in the new contract:

• The 2023 year in his original contract is voided, making 2022 the final year on his contract.

• Forfeiture provisions were removed from the contract, preventing the Packers from pursuing prorated portions of Rodgers' signing bonus.

That means Rodgers would not lose any of the signing bonus or roster bonus money he received this year (totaling more than $14 million), and after the 2021 season, the remaining $5.7 million in proration from his 2019 signing bonus also is no longer forfeitable.

No other financial changes were believed to have been made to the deal.

So the two big take away's seem to be the voided year and the the signing bonus protections.

Edited by Mazrimiv

Did y’all see that GB now essentially eats 26M if they trade him next year, after this restructure? I don’t know how it’s going to go and I’m not sure if I’ve thought this all through yet, but I wonder if they aren’t considering still trying to extend him with a new deal next year…

7 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

Did y’all see that GB now essentially eats 26M if they trade him next year, after this restructure?

So that's accurate? It jumps from 17.2M to 26M?

Well that sucks royally.

We should be able to add that difference to the cost of his new contract. Let his new team pick up the cost of his freedom :)

Edited by Leader

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

So that's accurate? It jumps from 17.2M to 26M?

Well that sucks royally.

We should be able to add that difference to the cost of his new contract. Let his new team pick up the cost of his freedom :)

If Tom Pelissero’s math is to be believed. They either trade him and eat 26M, he plays for us in 22 and we get nothing after, or we rework him. 

Honestly, looking at it and thinking about what’s within GB’s character, I almost think extending him and bailing on the Love succession is the most likely scenario. Can’t see them eating 26M and I can’t see them getting nothing….

1 minute ago, Isherwood said:

If Tom Pelissero’s math is to be believed. They either trade him and eat 26M, he plays for us in 22 and we get nothing after, or we rework him. 

Honestly, looking at it and thinking about what’s within GB’s character, I almost think extending him and bailing on the Love succession is the most likely scenario. Can’t see them eating 26M and I can’t see them getting nothing….

Why did the dead cap jump up from 17.2M?
Were 2023 costs moved forward into 2022?
I'm not sure how that works.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Why did the dead cap jump up from 17.2M?
Were 2023 costs moved forward into 2022?
I'm not sure how that works.

Yeah, his contract voids in 2023, a week before the league year starts or something like that. So that money comes into 2022. 

9 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

Well, I believe the salary could be offloaded to trade partner (unless that's the remaining signing bonus?)

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Well, I believe the salary could be offloaded to trade partner (unless that's the remaining signing bonus?)

Could it? I mean why should GB eat more of his costs when he's basically getting out from under his signed contract?  He wants out? Fine. Why should GB be penalized for that?

Edited by Leader