Rodgers is back.

Pugger

On 7/29/2021 at 12:15 PM, incognito_man said:

I wonder if Aaron realizes that a big part of WHY Green Bay couldn't pay Jordy more was because they signed him the tight end he desperately wanted that same offseason (Jimmy Graham).

Aaron wants to eat and have his Jordy Nelson at the same time.

I don't see how you can blame Aaron for 2 bad TE signings in a row.  Players were bad, and Marty came with a bad attitude

Just now, Old Guy said:

Jared Cook was not bad. He never got enough opportunities. 

which was the guy aaron wanted them to bring back, but the FO got in their own head after Cook wanted big money and so they got cute and got someone they didn't really know much about.

5 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

which was the guy aaron wanted them to bring back, but the FO got in their own head after Cook wanted big money and so they got cute and got someone they didn't really know much about.

To be fair, at the time it seemed M Bennett would be an upgrade over Cook.  

Just now, Cpdaly23 said:

To be fair, at the time it seemed M Bennett would be an upgrade over Cook.  

anyway, complaining about Rodgers' TE preferences, when he originally wanted to keep Cook, makes no sense given how it turned out.

Never heard a peep about Rodger lobbying for Marty or Jimmy Graham

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

anyway, complaining about Rodgers' TE preferences, when he originally wanted to keep Cook, makes no sense given how it turned out.

Never heard a peep about Rodger lobbying for Marty or Jimmy Graham

I’m not sure Jared Cook moves the needle for Rodgers in this regard, but it doesn’t matter. 

If you look at the list of players he had, they all shared one common trait- they were/are his buddies.  He wants to play with his friends.  He doesn’t relate well to the 21-22 year olds coming into the league anymore.  Favre had the same issue.  I guess we were always hurtling towards this stress point.

Just now, Cpdaly23 said:

I’m not sure Jared Cook moves the needle for Rodgers in this regard, but it doesn’t matter. 

If you look at the list of players he had, they all shared one common trait- they were/are his buddies.  He wants to play with his friends.  He doesn’t relate well to the 21-22 year olds coming into the league anymore.  Favre had the same issue.  I guess we were always hurtling towards this stress point.

He seems to have a good rapport with Tonyan. Rodgers never had any sort of relationship with Casey Hayward, yet he mentioned him anyway. The players Rodgers listed were players he considered to get a bad treatment on their way out by the FO.  He was pretty clearly wrong about it being a smart football move to keep most of those guys.

He could well become fast friends with Josh Meyers or any of these rookies. 

He definitely has a soft spot for "his" guys, and "his" guys are few and far between.  It's being portrayed on this message board as only OLD OLD veterans, but Rodgers just clicks with a smaller percentage of GB players.  1-2 per year at most.  Rodgers just isn't this gregarious fast friend type of person.  Much more reserved, and always has been.

5 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Correct. TT's decision to move on from Cook never made much sense in so much as he fit the offensive scheme perfectly.

31 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

He definitely has a soft spot for "his" guys, and "his" guys are few and far between.  It's being portrayed on this message board as only OLD OLD veterans, but Rodgers just clicks with a smaller percentage of GB players.  1-2 per year at most.  Rodgers just isn't this gregarious fast friend type of person.  Much more reserved, and always has been.

So....if he needs to "bond" with some younger guys, when will practice be closed so that the team can do some perineum sunning?

Jared Cook is now with his 6th team, does that not resinate with fans? Their is a reason that no team has wanted him back for a second time regardless of how he plays on the field. Don't know if it is work ethic, bad influence on younger players, drug promotion, don't know but there is cobwebs in that closet. 

Martellus Bennett is a guy Elliott Wolf pounded the table for and the timing of that decision probably took him out of the running for the GM job. Which I am very happy for the way that turned out.

Jimmy Graham and Rodgers became friends early on when they played in the Pro Bowls together, Rodgers said early on that he would love to play with Graham someday. Which may or may not of influenced that decision.   

2 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

I don't see how you can blame Aaron for 2 bad TE signings in a row.  Players were bad, and Marty came with a bad attitude

Um...Rodgers couldn't stop talking about Jimmy Graham in the months leading up to the 2018 season. He absolutely wanted him and was thrilled about him.

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Um...Rodgers couldn't stop talking about Jimmy Graham in the months leading up to the 2018 season. He absolutely wanted him and was thrilled about him.

Yes....but key......did he voice that to the FO?  I'd hate to think the FO actually listened to something AR had to say as it would completely ruin the narrative.

Maybe we should have a parade for all the Packers leaving.  Line the streets, Get to Lambeau for the final goodbye.  Kinda like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz before she gets in the balloon.   Goodbye Scarcrow, goodbye Tin Man, you are the greatest, Jake Kumerow, we'll miss you.........9_9

• Like 2

1 hour ago, R T said:

Jared Cook is now with his 6th team, does that not resinate with fans? Their is a reason that no team has wanted him back for a second time regardless of how he plays on the field. Don't know if it is work ethic, bad influence on younger players, drug promotion, don't know but there is cobwebs in that closet. 

My experience pre-GB with Jared Cook was "he's a guy you love for 3 games a year and hate for the other 13." 

Maybe the coaches feel the same? 

2 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

He seems to have a good rapport with Tonyan. ....  He definitely has a soft spot for "his" guys, and "his" guys are few and far between.  It's being portrayed on this message board as only OLD OLD veterans, but Rodgers just clicks with a smaller percentage of GB players.  ....

I think it's an approach/professionalism thing.  I think he respects guys who are smart, and know how to practice and pay attention to the smallest details.  Jones, Jordy, Cobb, Adams are all in that pool; Rodgers respected Adams even when he was young.  Tonyan is youngish, but is in that group.  I think Lazard maybe, too?  

I don't think it's an age thing, so much.  Although older guys who've gone through the wars probably do have opportunity to get better and smart; and perhaps guys who aren't don't last.  

This is where Myers would seem to be the profile that Rodgers respects and appreciates.  Hopefully Amari too?  Jenkins, Runyan, and Patrick all seem to fit that profile, too.