Rodgers is back.

Pugger

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

find literally one (other than @Outpost31) who is upset Rodgers is back

and i'm not sure even outpost is actually upset

I’m not, especially if the reports of the restructured deal lowers his cap hit.

Zero chance Love wins a ring his first year as a starter.

11% chance Rodgers wins one while paid 20% of the cap.

40% chance the Packers win the Super Bowl if Rodgers restructures this year to get to 12% of the cap.

I don’t give a care if our QB is Aaron Rodgers or Blake Bortles or Richard Simmons when we win the Super Bowl, I just want us to win the Super Bowl.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

40% chance the Packers win the Super Bowl if Rodgers restructures this year to get to 12% of the cap.

I don’t give a care if our QB is Aaron Rodgers or Blake Bortles or Richard Simmons when we win the Super Bowl, I just want us to win the Super Bowl.

Idk man. I really want it to be Richard Simmons now

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

find literally one (other than @Outpost31) who is upset Rodgers is back

and i'm not sure even outpost is actually upset

Even if I vaguely mention posters or fan bases I get warned lol. 

We went through this, we’re not going to see eye to eye.  I believe the past 3 or so years there has been an unnecessary  amount of hate and unfair criticism towards AR. Even after a historic season, people were quick to ship him out over very little. 

6 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Even if I vaguely mention posters or fan bases I get warned lol. 

We went through this, we’re not going to see eye to eye.  I believe the past 3 or so years there has been an unnecessary  amount of hate and unfair criticism towards AR. Even after a historic season, people were quick to ship him out over very little. 

he's earned every ounce of criticism he's gotten here. He deserves more, honestly.

here we are, celebrating a guy who turned the offseason into a schit show, selfishly manufactured drama, refused to restructure to help the team (like nearly a dozen of his teammates), all because he's unhappy about a 6 year contract he signed 3 years ago (and has already collected more than his guaranteed amount upon signing).

All of this while playing for 2/3 seasons well below his contract value

and, still, even those who recognize how schitty that was are some level of happy he's back

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

he's earned every ounce of criticism he's gotten here. He deserves more, honestly.

here we are, celebrating a guy who turned the offseason into a schit show, selfishly manufactured drama, refused to restructure to help the team (like nearly a dozen of his teammates), all because he's unhappy about a 6 year contract he signed 3 years ago (and has already collected more than his guaranteed amount upon signing).

All of this while playing for 2/3 seasons well below his contract value

and, still, even those who recognize how schitty that was are some level of happy he's back

That’s the way you see it. I’ve already said how I see it and what I think of others who see it like you. 

Nobody is free of criticism , the past 3 years have been ridiculous. 

Delighted that he's back.  Outstanding QB.  Last year was one of the funnest seasons to follow ever, and the offense was really a pleasure to watch.  This team has a chance to be really good again, the offense maybe even better.   Glad to have 12 back to make it possible.  

Not sure how January will go.  But the next 5 months have a chance to be really interesting and enjoyable. 

Go Pack, and I hope Rodgers stays healthy and accurate!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol.  Everybody is shifting right back to loving Rodgers as if he had any choice but to do what he just did.

He’s a butt.  A baby.  A whiner.

He just didn’t quite get his way and now he’s the hero for coming back?

You all realize this is his last year here unless he wins a Super Bowl, right?

If we win the Super Bowl this year you pay him whatever he wants and live with the fact that we won’t win another one with him.  That’s just good business and something you can live with.

But after all of this…

It is literally Super Bowl or bust for Rodgers and his future with the Packers this year.

His legacy hinges on this season.

But he's our butt, our baby and our whiner.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

Hell yeah, and when we’re beating the pants off the Vikings and Bears this year, IDGAF what he pulled over the summer, I’ll be smiling ear to ear. 

I don't think we've ever seen a window open and slam shut quite as fast as we did this offseason for the Vikings and Bears.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

OK last word on this % of the cap nonsense.

The reason why % of the cap matters is because if you pay your QB 30% of the cap then it means you only have 70% left for the rest of your roster so the roster will be much weaker than it would be otherwise.

This year, for the first time, Packers have gone reckless and borrowed money from the future. Lost track of how much it is - is it about 40m we have kicked into the future.

Basically Rodgers entire cap has been borrowed from the future. To all intents and purposes he counts zero percent of  the cap. If we kick even more of it into next year its into the negative.

Rodgers cap hit has zero effect on the roster therefore your entire argument about how it is the be all and  end all is utterly illogical and to be honest worthless. 

Yes Rodgers percentage cap hit will screw the team in the future when we  pay it. But it has no bearing on whether we win the super bowl. No bearing whatsoever.