Rodgers is back.

Pugger

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

They really should look into hiring a full time position/consultant to resolve that.

The thing is you can't get sentimental regarding these transactions. I guess you could lessen the blow somehow if they're being cut.

Aaron having a problem with veterans being let go is also kind of hilarious, considering he is 100 percent the beneficiary of Thompson being comfortable moving on from Favre and not doing exactly what he seems to be advocating the FO do now.

Just now, deltarich87 said:

Rodgers showing that the Packers were smart to not consult with him regarding roster decisions, because for the most part, they've been correct in their assessments of letting certain vets walk in FA.

In Rodgers defense he has went out of his way to say he didn't want final say- just have a word in it.

Just now, Striker said:
4 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

They really should look into hiring a full time position/consultant to resolve that.

The thing is you can't get sentimental regarding these transactions. I guess you could lessen the blow somehow if they're being cut.

Aaron having a problem with veterans being let go is also kind of hilarious, considering he is 100 percent the beneficiary of Thompson being comfortable moving on from Favre and not doing exactly what he seems to be advocating the FO do now.

Agreed.

Maybe not a communicator with actual decision-making power (re: personnel decisions) but someone in the room who can offer advice on HOW to communicate the decisions the football guys make.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

Rodgers showing that the Packers were smart to not consult with him regarding roster decisions, because for the most part, they've been correct in their assessments of letting certain vets walk in FA.

Correct.

In a hard cap league, some tough "end of career" decisions will have to be made which supercede the player's history of greatness or his locker room presence.

Hell....YA Title, OJ, Namath etc got traded at the end of their careers (there was no free agency).

Just now, Striker said:

Eh, I agree Rodgers likely would have been good other places too. I love that Ted and Gutey rarely moved on too late but hard to argue with him wanting to at least consider Julius, Jordy, and Charles on super cheap deals.

4 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Rodgers presser is making him look good. I really believe he's genuine with his answers and he's mending bridges. Now they need to find Murphy and put a muzzle on his mouth and keep all microphones away from him.

you must have had even lower expectations than me if his comments about running it past him prior to cutting Kumerow make him look "good" lol

(and I had pretty low expectations!)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Striker said:

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Agreed.

Maybe not a communicator with actual decision-making power (re: personnel decisions) but someone in the room who can offer advice on HOW to communicate the decisions the football guys make.

You don't have to be sentimental to give a guy a proper good bye who played for you for 8+ years.

• Like 1