return of cobb

FinneasGage

6 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

No I remember pretty well lol. Last time he suited up for us he lacks a 2nd gear. The other posters confirmed it. My friends commented how slow he was.

He was never a long speed guy either way. but it was his acceleration that got him drafted. 

He's lost a step, but never was long speed? What is a 4.46 40? He's not MVS, but 4.46 is plenty fast. Faster than Davante and Jordy but a good bit. Also faster than Jennings, Jones, , etc

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Irony alert here: The trade has not been completed and I'd say the longer it drags out the less chance of it happening. Maybe Cobb doesn't want to give up any of his money. It's guaranteed so who could blame him. 

He himself just tweeted that it’s happening. I don’t think he’d do that if his money were the issue 

6 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

He's lost a step, but never was long speed? What is a 4.46 40? He's not MVS, but 4.46 is plenty fast. Faster than Davante and Jordy but a good bit. Also faster than Jennings, Jones, , etc

40 time versus game speed my good man.

Jordy used to fly past defenders at top speed.

Jennings prime was also faster than Cobbs. 

What are we doing today lol? I vividly remember being disappointed with Cobbs playing speed in his last few years with us. Injuries clearly were getting to him.  

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Irony alert here: The trade has not been completed and I'd say the longer it drags out the less chance of it happening. Maybe Cobb doesn't want to give up any of his money. It's guaranteed so who could blame him. 

If you wish upon a star....

It's happening, no matter how much you hate it lol. Cobb literally tweeted I'm coming home. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

No matter how hard you try to talk this trade away, it is going to happen. I'm not a fan of it, but it's happening. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Hes coming,  might be a physical exam thing or the like , but deal is in place.

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

If you wish upon a star....

It's happening, no matter how much you hate it lol. Cobb literally tweeted I'm coming home. 

I do hate it and I am hoping it falls through! LOL

Edited by Old Guy

Andy Herman -   Of all the crazy things that have happened this offseason, I'm still most shocked that Randall Cobb is going to be wearing #18 as a member of the Green Bay Packers in 2021. Does it make sense? Of course not. But we're well past making sense of this offseason. Just enjoy the ride!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GHARMON9 said:

No I remember pretty well lol. Last time he suited up for us he lacks a 2nd gear. The other posters confirmed it. My friends commented how slow he was.

He was never a long speed guy either way. but it was his acceleration that got him drafted. 

Yah, he lost his long speed.  Lost a little quickness, but.....  When healthy he was still quick enough to get that job done.  The key to Cobb is simple.  Health.  He will offer something to the offense.  And he's gonna be great in the WR room and on the practice field.  Pick him off of the waiver wire for fantasy every time we play Chicago.

• Like 1