return of cobb

FinneasGage

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

It's a good thing Rodgers doesn't speak to his family or we'd have his brother as our back up QB!

it's odd we're making moves to bring in rodgers pals for the sake of being rodgers pals (cobb obviously does next to nothing to make this team better) but we cut a rodgers pal in bortles even tho we could definitely use a 4th camp arm probably... unless they love benkert and just wanna be nice and let blake try and get another job 

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

Randall Cobb will catch the game winning TD in the SB

I don't care who catches it and if it's Cobb GREAT! 

Just so you know I always really liked Cobb, but we moved on from him for a reason. MVS, Lazard, Tonyan and A. Rodgers just got their targets and growth stunted. 

Also, I HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT AND HE TAKES LESS! If he restructures and we push guaranteed money into next year that is dumb! 

35 minutes ago, Leader said:

I always like Cobb. He was a pure "hands catcher" and clutch. He got us some seriously needed first downs.
The ***** about him around here was he wasnt equal to or earning his contract - which given injury and production was a discussion that could take place.
Agree - hope he doesnt displace someone with more long term upside - but mostly - I'm hoping his contract agreement is painless and he's nothing but potential upside.

bolded.

No, that wasn't the awful thing about Cobb.  The truly awful thing about Cobb is that he lost his legs at the same time that Jordy lost his, despite being much younger.  We really should have had another 2-3 years of Prime Cobb before we got Prime Adams.  Not sure why or how it happened, but he lost that little gear that made him special.

Here's to hoping that "veteran savvy" can get him by this year.  No doubt our coach can scheme him open some.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Thielen and Cobb were born on the same day, August 22nd, in the same year, 1990.

Both born by mothers and both from the same place .... anatomically speaking.    it's uncanny.    Good thing they'll be wearing different colors, probably no other way to tell the two apart

Image result for looking in mirror image

• Like 1

Don’t love it, don’t hate it. That’s a lot of money for a guy who hasn’t been overly productive for the better part of the last 7 years. Not sure how much RC has left but we didn’t have a player like him him in the roster before this year’s draft. Will be interesting to see what Lafleur can do with a player that has RC’s skill set. 

2 minutes ago, SSG said:

Don’t love it, don’t hate it. That’s a lot of money for a guy who hasn’t been overly productive for the better part of the last 7 years. Not sure how much RC has left but we didn’t have a player like him him in the roster before this year’s draft. Will be interesting to see what Lafleur can do with a player that has RC’s skill set. 

Which skill set? The skill set of 2020 or 2015? The guy we are trying to remember is no longer. I think @vegas492 said it best, he lost his legs. He has lost his quickness. He was never a speed merchant. 

MLF is going to have to scheme him open to get him targets. Other problem is if Rodgers only has eyes for Adams and Cobb and stops playing within the system. We saw a ton of that in McCarthy's last few years. 

5 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Which skill set? The skill set of 2020 or 2015? The guy we are trying to remember is no longer. I think @vegas492 said it best, he lost his legs. He has lost his quickness. He was never a speed merchant. 

MLF is going to have to scheme him open to get him targets. Other problem is if Rodgers only has eyes for Adams and Cobb and stops playing within the system. We saw a ton of that in McCarthy's last few years. 

Veteran savvy, baby.  Veteran savvy.

Seriously, though, if teams are going to devote that much to containing Adams, you know they have to keep extra eyes on MVS, so it could allow Cobb to function underneath.  So yah, I'm sayin' there is a chance.....

Just now, vegas492 said:

Veteran savvy, baby.  Veteran savvy.

Seriously, though, if teams are going to devote that much to containing Adams, you know they have to keep extra eyes on MVS, so it could allow Cobb to function underneath.  So yah, I'm sayin' there is a chance.....

So would you rather those underneath throws are going to Cobb or either Tonyan or Lazard? 

My biggest fear is Rodgers getting locked in on Cobb and Adams which he is wont to do!

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

So would you rather those underneath throws are going to Cobb or either Tonyan or Lazard?

The one thats open.

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

My biggest fear is Rodgers getting locked in on Cobb and Adams which he is wont to do!

That's when MLF has to step in.

37 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I don't care who catches it and if it's Cobb GREAT! 

Just so you know I always really liked Cobb, but we moved on from him for a reason. MVS, Lazard, Tonyan and A. Rodgers just got their targets and growth stunted. 

Also, I HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT AND HE TAKES LESS! If he restructures and we push guaranteed money into next year that is dumb! 

This seems overly dramatic tbh. Rodgers is really the only one I'd worry about but he might also be viewed as a beneficiary possibly.

Idk how the money will work but I also don't think the FO is stupid enough to, do something really stupid with his deal.