return of cobb

FinneasGage

4 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:
Source said the Randall Cobb trade is contingent on whether #Packers can renegotiate his salary. The $8.25M he is guaranteed is a problem for GB's cap and Cobb has to make a decision on how much he's willing to take and how it will be structured. It is not done yet.

Well AR.....here's your shot. Get on the horn and convince your buddy to come cheap.

Or - take it out your pocket.

Just now, Leader said:

Well AR.....here's your shot. Get on the horn and convince your buddy to come cheap.

Or - take it out your pocket.

It would be so funny if we can't make the Cobb deal work and AR12 blames the organization. Hilarious offseason shenanigans 

2 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

It would be so funny if we can't make the Cobb deal work and AR12 blames the organization. Hilarious offseason shenanigans 

Rodgers might be holding out signing his 'restructured' deal until the Cobb thing is a done deal. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Rodgers might be holding out signing his 'restructured' deal until the Cobb thing is a done deal. 

We can only hope.  Offer vet minimum and in trade comp a choice of one of 3 players we will cut anyway.  We tried.

Then trade Ol Rodg if he doesn't like it to the highest bidder.  Let him find out when his parking pass doesn't work.

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Eff it.  I'm sure Jordy is recovered fully from his knee injury.  Working in the farm has kept him in shape.  Let's put the band back together for a Reunion Tour.

I have just one word:  Cut Jace Sternberger and replace him with Jermichael Finley, Y.O.T.T.O.

Serious question. This whole Cobb restructuring his contract got me thinking, Rodgers is the guy who wants Cobb. and by wanting him, Cobb will be giving up a few million at least I'm assuming. Rodgers has already made serious serious dough, what is stopping him from saying to Cobb 'you restructure your deal and I'll make up the difference from my own pocket' therebye not affecting the cap? Or take it a step further what stops an organisation getting a player at a certain price and then giving him through third party organisations money to offset any loss income, so as on the books the salary seems manageable for the cap. Maybe it isn't even cash that is given, it is property or opportunities to star in a TV commerical through the teams networks etc. It might even be why Brady always took a cheaper deal cos Kraft was hooking his favourite son in other ways. I would be very suprised if this doesn't go on in some shape or form in the NFL.

11 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Serious question. This whole Cobb restructuring his contract got me thinking, Rodgers is the guy who wants Cobb. and by wanting him, Cobb will be giving up a few million at least I'm assuming. Rodgers has already made serious serious dough, what is stopping him from saying to Cobb 'you restructure your deal and I'll make up the difference from my own pocket' therebye not affecting the cap? Or take it a step further what stops an organisation getting a player at a certain price and then giving him through third party organisations money to offset any loss income, so as on the books the salary seems manageable for the cap. Maybe it isn't even cash that is given, it is property or opportunities to star in a TV commerical through the teams networks etc. It might even be why Brady always took a cheaper deal cos Kraft was hooking his favourite son in other ways. I would be very suprised if this doesn't go on in some shape or form in the NFL.

This would be circumventing the salary cap and the punishments for doing so are SEVERE from an organization perspective. 

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

This would be circumventing the salary cap and the punishments for doing so are SEVERE from an organization perspective. 

If done right it would be hard to prove or trace back to the organisation. I'm sure it must go on. I see so much of this kind of practice in business dealings.