Should We Trade Pryor before the Deadline?

MKnight82

3 hours ago, mar29020 said:

how can pryor be so bad with a better qb? orrrrrrrr is rg3 better? LMAO

RG3 only played in 1/2 the Browns games last year because of injury. Also, Pryor had more targets, that’s why he put up the stats he did last year.

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

Yes. We should trade everyone currently on a one year deal.

Zach Brown? Why? I'd keep him long term.

Kirk? Who would?

Pryor? I guess, but you won't get much if anything. I'd rather see if it works out somehow.

Niles Paul? What would you get?

Shaun Lauvao - Sure, but we have no healthy linemen anyway at the moment.

Spencer Long - Is Chase the future?

Mason Foster - could be the starter with Brown.

Compton - lol

Junior Gallete? Maybe someone would take him for added pass rush depth. Hasn' proven enough though probably.

Breeland you probably want to keep.

No one is taking Hall

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Kirk? Who would?

Pryor? I guess, but you won't get much if anything. I'd rather see if it works out somehow.

Compton - lol

Junior Gallete? Maybe someone would take him for added pass rush depth. Hasn' proven enough though probably.

No one is taking Hall

I would totally trade Breeland if we got offered something nice like a 2nd round pick.  I doubt we can afford to pay him this offseason and we have two 3rd round picks waiting to take his snaps.

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Kirk? Who would?

Compton - lol

No one is taking Hall

Brown - He's not going to want to sign here long term unless you pay a crap ton of money

Cousins - I bet the Packers might be willing to. Jacksonville as well.

Breeland - No thanks. Don't feel like overpaying for Fred Smoot 2.0

Everyone else ... meh, who cares.

Just now, turtle28 said:

We aren’t going to be able to trade players on one year deals. Period

Why wouldn't we? Plenty of teams would want someone like Brown, Cousins, or Breeland. You may not get the premium pick you're looking for, but I'm pretty sure Jacksonville would be interested. They have a great defense and a good running game, but garbage QB play. Cousins on their team gets them the division. Denver and Houston would be interested too.

15 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Why wouldn't we? Plenty of teams would want someone like Brown, Cousins, or Breeland. You may not get the premium pick you're looking for, but I'm pretty sure Jacksonville would be interested. They have a great defense and a good running game, but garbage QB play. Cousins on their team gets them the division. Denver and Houston would be interested too.

What's the point of dumping all of our players? We have $60M in cap space next year. 

37 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Brown - He's not going to want to sign here long term unless you pay a crap ton of money

Cousins - I bet the Packers might be willing to. Jacksonville as well.

Breeland - No thanks. Don't feel like overpaying for Fred Smoot 2.0

Everyone else ... meh, who cares.

Why would we dump Cousins to the Packers?  They're not going to be willing to trade much for him as he'd only be a rental.  I mean if some team called us up and offered 2 first round picks for him that would get my attention, but no one is going to do that with his pending free agency.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Why would we dump Cousins to the Packers?  They're not going to be willing to trade much for him as he'd only be a rental.  I mean if some team called us up and offered 2 first round picks for him that would get my attention, but no one is going to do that with his pending free agency.

Because your options are:

1. Be another marginal team that doesn't make the playoffs and watch Cousins walk and then have to suffer through another bad season before getting a draft pick high enough to get a QB

2. Get something for him now and start looking towards the future.

Pretty sure a team will be willing to cough up a 2nd or 3rd rounder for Cousins at this point. Particularly those teams that are a QB away from making a rather deep playoff run.

Just now, Slateman said:

Because your options are:

1. Be another marginal team that doesn't make the playoffs and watch Cousins walk and then have to suffer through another bad season before getting a draft pick high enough to get a QB

2. Get something for him now and start looking towards the future.

Pretty sure a team will be willing to cough up a 2nd or 3rd rounder for Cousins at this point. Particularly those teams that are a QB away from making a rather deep playoff run.

3.  He resigns in the offseason, we get healthy and are a playoff team next year.  

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

3.  He resigns in the offseason, we get healthy and are a playoff team next year.  

Why would he re-sign? Also, why can't we trade him and then re-sign him in the offseason. Seems pretty obvious he's not going to give a home town discount.

Just now, Slateman said:

Why would he re-sign? Also, why can't we trade him and then re-sign him in the offseason. Seems pretty obvious he's not going to give a home town discount.

Because if we trade him there's zero chance he resigns.  

This argument is pointless, there is zero chance we trade Cousins this year.

Archived