Michael Thomas placed on PUP list

So apparently Michael Thomas was placed on the PUP list and will sit out the first 6 weeks of the season. This is a continued blow to our receiving corps, and we were without him for most of last season.

Here's what I don't understand. Thomas suffered this injury (high ankle sprain) in the opening game last season. Tried to play through it, even sat for some time, ultimately not able to play his style of ball. Then what? Sat all winter, spring and then half way through summer finally has surgery? I honestly don't understand. Can someone enlighten me, here?

16 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

So apparently Michael Thomas was placed on the PUP list and will sit out the first 6 weeks of the season. This is a continued blow to our receiving corps, and we were without him for most of last season.

Here's what I don't understand. Thomas suffered this injury (high ankle sprain) in the opening game last season. Tried to play through it, even sat for some time, ultimately not able to play his style of ball. Then what? Sat all winter, spring and then half way through summer finally has surgery? I honestly don't understand. Can someone enlighten me, here?

I'm going to guess that he had a big setback in his rehab, possibly reinjuring it, and it's going to be better long term to get the surgery now than to try and rehab it naturally.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/07/24/michael-thomas-saints-may-still-be-on-a-collision-course/

This says that Michael Thomas missed a post-season follow-up which delayed his care.

Well this is not what I expected out of a guy who has such talent and such a great work ethic.

I knew there was some friction between Thomas and Brees over Brees's comments that created some racial tension, but I didn't realize there was an issue with the organization as a whole. I mean, what could it be? They paid him big when due, and he got all the attention most stars want (as far as touches and overall offensive involvement), so what is the deal?

He's been a whiner all of his career, so maybe he just needs a new atmosphere. Anyway, I guess between last year and this year, we'll see whether or not we even need him. And we all know Payton won't put up with a locker room cancer, if he's indeed such a thing.

Doesnt surprise me at all really.  He's definitely seems he type of person that would let his frustration with the injury and everything else get the better of him.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I’m surprised by this. It sounded like Cooks was the problem in the dressing room when they shipped him out and MT was going to be the leader.

Unfortunately, his ego is taking over versus being the leader he could have been, but who knows what’s happening in the dressing room.

20 hours ago, ckoz24 said:

I’m surprised by this. It sounded like Cooks was the problem in the dressing room when they shipped him out and MT was going to be the leader.

Unfortunately, his ego is taking over versus being the leader he could have been, but who knows what’s happening in the dressing room.

And now he's tweeting semi-cryptic crap about "not telling his side of the story" to save the reputation of the Saints....

I'm officially over the Can't Field Mike era.