Xavien Howard and Dolphins agree to restructure, ending "hold-in"

I respect players for understanding that it's a business, and they shouldn't care what 'fans' (who forget them the second the player is gone) think. That said ...

... The Dolphins will now likely exercise their end of 'the business' side by basically doing nothing. Howard just doesn't have the leverage at all to pull this off.

3 hours ago, malak1 said:

Howard and Tua for Watson? Is that too lopsided?

A really good corner and a young decent QB for a top 5 QB whose future in the league could be in extreme jeopardy?

Quite the gamble.

Anyway, Id kill to have him in Pittsburgh, but probably not the best option since we still have to extend Watt and Minkah in the near future.

Edited by 43M
10 hours ago, ET80 said:

I agree - I'll take this over cryptic tweets and such.

I agree its way better than cryptic tweets but he signed a contract he didnt understand?...

I get that players probably dont understand fully the contract in front of them but shouldn't the agent make it clear to them what he's signing? What are you paying him 10% for?

• Like 1

I’ll probably get killed for this, but so be it:

1. Kudos for him about being honest about not understanding what he signed…but where was his agent in this?

2. The discount he’s getting is because of his health concerns. That’s a factor, as is him trying to capitalize while his value and health are at their highest.

3. Miami owes him nothing here, and they have all the leverage…and they do for a few more years. About their only motivation would be for future players/free agents and perception in that regard. Granted, I have zero doubt that Miami is taking a bit of a hard line here, but that’s pretty much how it works about everywhere and in every sport.

4. I hope someone explains income taxes to him if he gets traded outside of Florida or Texas.

• Like 6

Lol his post kinda read like something I’d write in a madden franchise thread that doesn’t actually sound like something an nfl player would post, especially the “here so I don’t get fined” throwback quote. 

45 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:
2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

4. I hope someone explains income taxes to him if he gets traded outside of Florida or Texas.

Well we know his agent wont explain it to him

I was being a bit tongue in cheek there. :) 

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The guy is the 6th highest paid CB in the NFL. What am I missing about him being "underpaid"?

He's salty that we signed Byron Jones to slightly more (which should come to no surprise since we signed him from FA and a year later). Although from what he's said publicly his main concern is he wants more of the base salary converted to guarantees.

15 hours ago, CKSteeler said:

On behalf of the Steelers, I'd like to offer up a six pack of Iron City, one Roethlisberger sandwich from Peppi's, and Dwayne Haskins. It's a win-win for everybody.

crickets GIF