Xavien Howard and Dolphins agree to restructure, ending "hold-in"

djw4bucs

23 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Would you pull an @Uncle Buck?

I'd like to think he'd pull an ET, or a @ramssuperbowl99 - not really a fan of any team, take time to find flaws in all 32 teams and insult them whenever possible.

Then, when someone says "blah blah, blah Miami Dolphins lol, blah blah" you casually remind them you're not a fan. It's like Bran Stark-level Plot Armor, nothing penetrates. You also start getting people recruiting you like you're LeBron James... It's quite the ego boost, much like George Bluth:

Feel Special Arrested Development GIF 

In the midst of the worst off-season known in sports, I'm probably the happiest I've ever been. I'm having more fun watching the collective chaos and laughing at everything.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

Buffalo doesn't have the cap space and they already have tre-day. Zero chance they're trading for him, or at least as close to zero as you can get. 

I doubt it happens too but the bills have the cap space to make the trade. Currently have 10 mil in cap space and then they can convert dawkins deal to 4.8 mil. Howards cap hit this year would be 12.1 mil and they will need to get him more guarantees moving forward with a signing bonus. If tre is happy with his deal then they can bring in howard for the right price. As I said I doubt it happens but the logistics wont part wouldnt prevent them from making the move.

14 hours ago, SBLIII said:

2 of WFT, BUF and IND imo.

I'm pretty certain Indy is one of 'em. I would also look at Tennessee - they're revamping their entire secondary and Howard would be a centerpiece for that defense.

On 7/27/2021 at 9:41 PM, Jeezla said:

The Rams are calling the commissioners office right now to ask if they are allowed to trade their 2026 and 2027 1st round picks.

You joke, but if no team is willing to give up a first for him, I guarantee we will call. We have 10-11 picks next year (depending on how the comp picks shake out).

We also have another really good 28 year old CB who will need a new contract after this year and if he plays like he did last year, will demand close to (probably just a few million less) the money Howard is looking for - so trading for Howard, who is better than Darius Williams, would mean we just wouldn't re-sign Williams after this year and we would likely get a 3rd round comp pick for him.

It makes sense from every angle, only thing stopping it is if a team offers a first for him.

49 minutes ago, JohnChimpo said:

Out of curiosity…why the Jaguars? Do you live in Jacksonville?

For a number of reasons.  I'm going to retire before long and I'll be moving down south.  I haven't decided on where yet, but I'm leaning on possibly Savannah, GA or maybe somewhere in Florida. 

Another reason is because they are an AFC team, and it makes it more of a fresh start going with a team whose rivals and opponents I'm not so familiar with. 

I also like the fact that the Jags are starting from the bottom right now, so it's almost like becoming a football fan for the first time and starting with an expansion franchise.  It's hard to explain, but I was really getting tired of the same old thing with the Vikings after 50 years of the same thing, so this fresh start with a new team really has made me a more avid football fan overall.  

Other things to like about Jacksonville are the new coaching staff and the great quarterback prospect they have in Trevor Lawrence.  After watching last year's games, I also became somewhat of a "Minshew Maniac", so I even like their backup QB.  :D

Another thing is that they have some of the better uniforms in the league.  One possible retirement destination on my list is Tennessee, so the Titans were an option to consider, but their uniforms are SO ugly that they kind of turned me off on the team.  I really like the teal color and the logo for the Jags.

The cherry on top of it all is the fact that they just brought in Tim Tebow to try out for the TE position.  Anyone who knows me knows I'm a huge Tebow fan.  

Overall, there are just a lot of things to like about the Jaguars, at least for me.  We just have to start winning some games and things will be great, but at this point in my life if they don't win it all I don't really care.  Football is just about entertainment, and the Jags should be an entertaining franchise for the next 10-20 years. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

For a number of reasons.  I'm going to retire before long and I'll be moving down south.  I haven't decided on where yet, but I'm leaning on possibly Savannah, GA or maybe somewhere in Florida. 

Another reason is because they are an AFC team, and it makes it more of a fresh start going with a team whose rivals and opponents I'm not so familiar with. 

I also like the fact that the Jags are starting from the bottom right now, so it's almost like becoming a football fan for the first time and starting with an expansion franchise.  It's hard to explain, but I was really getting tired of the same old thing with the Vikings after 50 years of the same thing, so this fresh start with a new team really has made me a more avid football fan overall.  

Other things to like about Jacksonville are the new coaching staff and the great quarterback prospect they have in Trevor Lawrence.  After watching last year's games, I also became somewhat of a "Minshew Maniac", so I even like their backup QB.  :D

Another thing is that they have some of the better uniforms in the league.  One possible retirement destination on my list is Tennessee, so the Titans were an option to consider, but their uniforms are SO ugly that they kind of turned me off on the team.  I really like the teal color and the logo for the Jags.

The cherry on top of it all is the fact that they just brought in Tim Tebow to try out for the TE position.  Anyone who knows me knows I'm a huge Tebow fan.  

Overall, there are just a lot of things to like about the Jaguars, at least for me.  We just have to start winning some games and things will be great, but at this point in my life if they don't win it all I don't really care.  Football is just about entertainment, and the Jags should be an entertaining franchise for the next 10-20 years. 

I like the Titans’ jerseys better than the Jags’, but I get it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

You joke, but if no team is willing to give up a first for him, I guarantee we will call. We have 10-11 picks next year (depending on how the comp picks shake out).

We also have another really good 28 year old CB who will need a new contract after this year and if he plays like he did last year, will demand close to (probably just a few million less) the money Howard is looking for - so trading for Howard, who is better than Darius Williams, would mean we just wouldn't re-sign Williams after this year and we would likely get a 3rd round comp pick for him.

It makes sense from every angle, only thing stopping it is if a team offers a first for him.

they 100% want a first. Good thing is they want to trade him to the NFC

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

I'm pretty certain Indy is one of 'em. I would also look at Tennessee - they're revamping their entire secondary and Howard would be a centerpiece for that defense.

Ind fits from a cap and need standpoint. As a team I would still be hesitant to churn out a monster contract and raise for a guy who has trouble staying healthy and just came off a career year. Miami has an out after this year, that's why he wants the guaranteed money now, because who knows how long he keeps this up. It's a smart move by him but I'm not sure he will be better off as a player.

On 7/28/2021 at 7:35 AM, MWil23 said:

Kudos for him about being honest about not understanding what he signed…but where was his agent in this?

That's one of the big reasons why this is happening.

He switched agents in January, and the new guy won't get paid until Howard gets a new deal.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

That's one of the big reasons why this is happening.

He switched agents in January, and the new guy won't get paid until Howard gets a new deal.

That's a very cool signature pic with Jim Brown in it.  Big style points to you, sir!

14 hours ago, ET80 said:

I'd like to think he'd pull an ET, or a @ramssuperbowl99 - not really a fan of any team, take time to find flaws in all 32 teams and insult them whenever possible.

Then, when someone says "blah blah, blah Miami Dolphins lol, blah blah" you casually remind them you're not a fan. It's like Bran Stark-level Plot Armor, nothing penetrates. You also start getting people recruiting you like you're LeBron James... It's quite the ego boost, much like George Bluth:

Feel Special Arrested Development GIF 

In the midst of the worst off-season known in sports, I'm probably the happiest I've ever been. I'm having more fun watching the collective chaos and laughing at everything.

Nah I love the league but I'd lose interest if I didn't have something to have a stake in.

I already have the Titans as my #2 team becuase Tannehill is my favorite player in the league rn. Would just switch over there permanently probably. Or at least as long as Watson is there, anyway.

18 hours ago, ET80 said:

It's like Bran Stark-level Plot Armor, nothing penetrates.

Funny that you chose Bran. I figured he, of all people, would be the one you related to when it comes to plot-armor thickness, seeing as you both share a common disability:

tenor.gif

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Funny that you chose Bran. I figured he, of all people, would be the one you related to when it comes to plot-armor thickness, seeing as you both share a common disability:

tenor.gif

His is due to a broken back, though.