2021 Eagles Training Camp Thread

Kiltman

46 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Milton Williams hopefully not just a tweener guy who never finds a role. 

If anyone will bust out of the first three rounds, I think he has the highest chance. Although the odds are not so favorable to the other two guys either. 

2 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

McNabb has been right about RGIII, Foles and Wentz and people sh*t on him every time he says something about another QB, and so far he hasn´t been wrong. I think we better respect his opinion a bit more. 

I don’t disagree but McNabb does himself no favors. As much as his unpopular opinions have been right he’s always come off as a jealous, baby about everything Philly during and after his career. Old, calloused Philly fan opinion but he was never a prototype Philly star. And knew that and I always felt he was salty about it. Liked but not loved. Just never got it. 

58 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

If anyone will bust out of the first three rounds, I think he has the highest chance. Although the odds are not so favorable to the other two guys either. 

Saying the odds aren't favorable on Devonta Smith is just....... wow.

Some people really can't even have a spark of hope.

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

It’s such a “no **** Sherlock” comment too lol. Dickerson and Smith were both great prospects and very polished coming out. If they don’t work out it’s gonna be more due to their body not holding up than their ability to play. Like Dickerson would’ve been a mid to late first rounder if not for the injury history.

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

It’s such a “no **** Sherlock” comment too lol. Dickerson and Smith were both great prospects and very polished coming out. If they don’t work out it’s gonna be more due to their body not holding up than their ability to play. Like Dickerson would’ve been a mid to late first rounder if not for the injury history.

If Dickerson doesn't work out it's because of his body. If DeVonta doesn't work out, it's because he never figures out how to gain leverage off the LOS. I'm not worried about his body holding up. I think he could get ragdolled off routes though, regardless of what he did against SEC CB's. A lot of SEC stud CB's suck as rookie and 2nd year NFL CB's, so I'm interested to see how he does against NFL CB's who have been honing their press technique for years.

Still not expecting much out of Dickerson until next year.

And not expecting anything out of Milton.

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

If DeVonta doesn't work out, it's because he never figures out how to gain leverage off the LOS. I'm not worried about his body holding up. I think he could get ragdolled off routes though, regardless of what he did against SEC CB's. A lot of SEC stud CB's suck as rookie and 2nd year NFL CB's, so I'm interested to see how he does against NFL CB's who have been honing their press technique for years.

I'm well aware lol. I should've put "/slze" after "body not holding up" cause that's what I meant for DeVonta. I didn't mean injuries. 

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Still not expecting much out of Dickerson until next year.

Why would you? They aren't gonna rush him back to play when we have multi year starters at every interior position.

Let him learn behind the vets as he heals up and contribute later in the season if injuries strike.

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

And not expecting anything out of Milton.

Nor should you. He'll get a few snaps here and there I think, but if he's playing a decent amount it means we lost guys at DT/DE.

He was somewhat raw coming out of a smaller school and I'm sure he's gonna be doing some different things where they line him up here than he did at La Tech.

6 hours ago, RBreezy said:

The chad vaccinated Hurts vs. the virgin anti-Vaxxer Wentz

In all seriousness though, Zach Ertz needs to change that hairstyle. That's a cuttable offense lmao 

I'm genuinely curious what happens if he'd (not the whole team) get it and miss a game or two and the team snap % was under the threshold.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

when I say the odds I mean exactly that. Because of the success rate of people his size, same with Landon Dickerson, the odds of someone with such an injury history to pan out and on this team no less. Not that I don´t like them as players, well except Milton Williams, that wasn´t a good pick for us.