Lamar Jackson and Gus Edwards test positive for COVID

kingseanjohn

9 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

did you happen to read the words that immediately followed the phrase you highlighted, or did your brain short circuit so quickly at "trust a state entity" that you forgot?

I read and comprehended your entire post.  I just decided to get to my point, which was that millions of people no longer trust these entities and that is why there is a division on the issue.  It is not just a few people either.  It is a large segment of our population.  Let's drop it though, OK?  I don't want to get in trouble for going to areas where we aren't supposed to go on FF.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

I have a friend who is a registered nurse at a local hospital and he works in their emergency room.  I asked him a couple weeks ago if they have been having a lot of people coming in to be treated for Covid.  He said they haven't had a single person since last winter.

He sent me a text message yesterday that said the following:  "a guy just came in 103.8 temp having a seizure.  Found out he got his 2nd Covid vaccine yesterday and the Dr. says that's what it's from...not an uncommon reaction to the Pfizer vaccine." 

These are the words of a medical professional who is working on the front lines.  

Of course, we will now start to hear about a bunch of unvaccinnated players who are suddenly "testing positive" for Covid.  What a surprise!  Color me shocked!!!!!  What convenient timing!  Are any of them dying?  Are they in the hospital?  On a ventilator?  Are they at home, sick as a dog?  Are they even showing any symptoms at all?  Come on. 

WTF are you saying?

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

Let's drop it though, OK?  I don't want to get in trouble for going to areas where we aren't supposed to go on FF.

I agree that we should get back to football - but don't be disingenous about how we got AWAY from football in the first place

8 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I know Allen has said he wants it structured so that it helps the Bills with free agents and other extensions. But I imagine he also wants to be Paid more than Lamar and Baker which could be part of the hold up. Neither sides seems too concerned. 

Josh should be paid the most. So he’ll probably wait for the other two.

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

I agree that we should get back to football - but don't be disingenous about how we got AWAY from football in the first place

I quoted some news I heard from a good friend that I thought was directly related to the situation with Lamar and other players regarding the vaccine.  I'm not going to argue with you on it.  You have your opinion and I have mine.  Peace to you, brother.

• Like 1

Just now, Xenos said:

Josh should be paid the most. So he’ll probably wait for the other two.

That's my expectation also

I'm actually worried for all 3 teams (Chiefs as well). Roster construction is so important and QB salaries have spiraled in a serious way. Absolutely nothing wrong with the gross $$ inflating, but its growing at a higher rate than the cap is, which is going to be a challenge

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

That's my expectation also

I'm actually worried for all 3 teams (Chiefs as well). Roster construction is so important and QB salaries have spiraled in a serious way. Absolutely nothing wrong with the gross $$ inflating, but its growing at a higher rate than the cap is, which is going to be a challenge

Do you think they will get to the point where they find a way to make QB salaries seperated from the salary cap somehow?

7 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I read and comprehended your entire post.  I just decided to get to my point, which was that millions of people no longer trust these entities and that is why there is a division on the issue.  It is not just a few people either.  It is a large segment of our population.  Let's drop it though, OK?  I don't want to get in trouble for going to areas where we aren't supposed to go on FF.

You really thought you wouldn’t get push back after that bs you posted lol.

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

Do you think they will get to the point where they find a way to make QB salaries seperated from the salary cap somehow?

No, I think "free markets" eventually correct themselves

Eventually teams will prove me wrong and manage to win at 20% of cap, or there will be a correction and teams will start refusing to offer that high and the market normalizes

I do think high end salaries will someday be constructed with base salary as x% of cap instead of a $x 

• Like 1

Thing is though, that QBS are worth that much. The top tier QBS are easily worth 20% of a team's overall production.

If anything it is paying guys like Deandre Hopkins $25 million a year (when he probably helps you win about 1 game) which teams should stop doing.

I mean everyone keeps implying Jackson is not vaccinated, but is that a fact? He could have been vaccinated and still tested positive. If so, terrible luck, especially after already testing positive last season...Now if he is not vaccinated and tested positive for the second time? Then he's just making his bed at this point. 

Definitely hope he doesn't have any lingering symptoms. One of the baddest in the game. 

3 minutes ago, JonMcC2018 said:

Thing is though, that QBS are worth that much. The top tier QBS are easily worth 20% of a team's overall production.

If anything it is paying guys like Deandre Hopkins $25 million a year (when he probably helps you win about 1 game) which teams should stop doing.

A great QB definitely adds a lot to the win column.  You're right about Hopkins though.  He's a great player, but it seems like the WR position has gotten a little overvalued in general.  I thought it was surprising to see so many WRs were drafted so high in the draft this year.

14 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean everyone keeps implying Jackson is not vaccinated, but is that a fact? He could have been vaccinated and still tested positive. If so, terrible luck, especially after already testing positive last season...Now if he is not vaccinated and tested positive for the second time? Then he's just making his bed at this point. 

Definitely hope he doesn't have any lingering symptoms. One of the baddest in the game. 

If he’s vaccinated and shows no symptoms he’ll return to practice soon. So it’ll be pretty obvious if he’s vaccinated or not.