Scoundrel

On 12/28/2021 at 11:39 AM, Louis Friend said:

FHkAYFqXsAMhOCR?format=jpg&name=large

Amon-Ra St. Brown’s last 4 games:

10 Receptions, 86 Yards, 1 TD

8 Receptions, 73 Yards

8 Receptions, 90 Yards, 1 TD

9 Receptions, 91 Yards, 1 TD

17th WR drafted/112th pick in the draft. Steal.

Luckily the Titans didn't go the obvious route, and instead took a flyer on Dez Fitzpatrick.  Way less known than Amon-Ra, and with a much less impressive sounding name, but clearly the better player, why he's amassed...checks notes....35 yards this season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Luckily the Titans didn't go the obvious route, and instead took a flyer on Dez Fitzpatrick.  Way less known than Amon-Ra, and with a much less impressive sounding name, but clearly the better player, why he's amassed...checks notes....35 yards this season.

To be fair, Titans weren't the only team to pass on him. He was taken in the 4th rd. Hell, the Lions almost drafted him at the end of the 3rd and passed on him for CB Melifonwu.

Still, ARSB is in good company this season.

Top 5 Rookie receivers:

1. Ja'Marr Chase WR- Rec- 1,429 yds 18.1 avg 13 TDs/Rush-7 att 21 yds 3.0 avg 0 TDs 5th overall selection

2. Kyle Pitts TE- Rec- 1,018 yds 15.4 avg 1 TD/Rush-0 att 0 yds 0 avg 0 TDs 4th Overall selection

3. Jaylen Waddle WR- Rec- 988 yds 10.0 avg 5 TDs/Rush- 2 att 3 yds 1.5 avg 1 TDs 6th overall selection

4. DeVonta Smith WR- Rec- 875 yds 14.3 avg 5 TDs/Rush- 0 att 0 yds 0 avg 0 TDs  10th overall selection

5. Amon-Ra St. Brown WR- Rec- 803 yds 9.8 avg 4 TDs/Rush- 6 att 49 yds 8.2 avg 1 TDs 112th overall selection

Brad Holmes did well his first draft in Detroit.

15 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

To be fair, Titans weren't the only team to pass on him. He was taken in the 4th rd. Hell, the Lions almost drafted him at the end of the 3rd and passed on him for CB Melifonwu.

Oh I know many passed on him, but the Titans desperately needed receiving help and he was the last big name left when they finally picked a WR.  And instead they take a guy no one heard of who didn't even make the initial 53.

It's particularly bad in their case.

Picking guys like Terrance Marshall, Dyami Brown, Amari Rodgers, and Anthony Schwartz over him, I get.  Those were good prospects.  I had Amon-Ra really high in my final rankings, I think.  A lot of people did, but some of those guys might still be better in the end.

Not Fitzpatrick.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2022 at 7:19 AM, Techbert said:

Plus, Melifonwu looks like a player and was good value at the point of his selection. He developed, and when he was healthy he started and does some things rare for a corner with his size. I'd be happy with him if I were the Lions.

He had some highs and lows for sure. Detroit had so many injuries in the secondary that it was hard to really develop any kind of consistency. But I'm eager to see what Aubrey Pleasant does with these guys year two.

Sewell, McNeill, Melifonwu and St. Brown look like damn good picks right now. 

Passing up JOK for Onwuzurike round 2 is still the Lions biggest draft blunder. 

It has been a while since I have addressed this topic. The draft isn't really complete unless you include the trade, so here is the deal. Overall, both teams have to be happy with the way it turned out.

Chiefs - Orlando Brown (last year of rookie contract)
#58 - Nick Bolton
2022 6th

Ravens #31 - Odafe Oweh 
#94 - Ben Cleveland 
#136 - traded again
2022 5th

The picks

Round2·Pick 26 (58) Nick Bolton LB Missouri - AFC DROY candidate. 
Round2·Pick 31 (63) Creed Humphrey  C Oklahoma - Top rated C in the NFL. Pro-Bowl alternate.
Round4·Pick 39 (144) Joshua Kaindoh DE Florida State - Incomplete due to injury
Round5·Pick 18 (162)  Noah Gray TE Duke - Excellent rookie season. Will start eventually.
Round5· Pick 37 (181) Cornell Powell WR Clemson - on the PS not the roster.
Round6·Pick 42 (226) Trey Smith G Tennessee - Pro-Bowl alternate

Three studs out of six picks and another solid player.

J

6 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Round6·Pick 42 (226) Trey Smith G Tennessee - Pro-Bowl alternate

Three studs out of six picks and another solid player.

I can’t believe Smith fell all the way that far smh. 

NFL overthink things so much man it’s crazy. Smith showed pro bowl ability starting his first snap at Tennessee. 

His fall reminds me of Carl Nicks falling to New Orleans. Teams see former 5 star big *** dudes with good hands that can move and be like nahhhh 😂 

great draft. That’s how it’s done

On 1/25/2022 at 1:40 AM, brownie man said:

NFL overthink things so much man it’s crazy. Smith showed pro bowl ability starting his first snap at Tennessee. 

His fall reminds me of Carl Nicks falling to New Orleans. Teams see former 5 star big *** dudes with good hands that can move and be like nahhhh 😂 

Smith and Humphrey are two of the smartest OL you will ever meet. They get along like salt and pepper. They are also only the third pair of Chiefs roookies to start every game.

Humphrey, as the C, has leadership responsibilities. Smith likes to hit people very hard. Throw in an All-Pro level guy like Joe Thuney and the Chiefs have locked in four years of dynamic OL play.

Update: All three make All-Rookie 1st team.
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2022/01/26/kansas-city-chiefs-creed-humphrey-trey-smith-nick-bolton-named-to-pfwa-all-rookie-team-2021/

Edited by onejayhawk

The Jets had a ton of rookies get time this season.

Round 1 • Pick 2 (2) • QB Zach Wilson- only a few highs during the season with some rather pedestrian stats.  However, he was a different player after the injury and made huge progress with turnovers.  Should take a step forward next season.  End of the year he was missing a lot of his weapons.

Round 1 • Pick 14 (14) • OL Alijah Vera-Tucker- our best OL this season.  He was great in pass pro and run blocking.  If Becton can stay healthy that's a wall on the left side.

Round 2 • Pick 2 (34) • WR Elijah Moore- huge hype coming out of camp, was injured, had a great stretch where he looked like a #1 WR then went down again.

Round 4 • Pick 2 (107) • RB Michael Carter- my favorite pick and player.  Will be the starter next season and could put up big numbers, especially in the passing game.

Round 5 • Pick 2 (146) • LB Jamien Sherwood- in the process of transitioning from college S to MLB.  Washed out in the run game and usually a step behind.  Had a season ending injury, I think he will be a great STer and maybe a starter down the road.

Round 5 • Pick 10 (154) • CB Michael Carter II- I don't know the advanced stats but he seemed like a stud at Nickel.  Maybe gave up one TD all year and had a very low completion %.

Round 5 • Pick 31 (175) • CB Jason Pinnock- the worst player on the team.  Was completely lost, even on ST.  Then all of our Safeties went down and he looked like starting material at S. No idea how he went from one of the worst guys on the team to all of a sudden clicking at Safety and worthy of penciling in for next season.

Round 6 • Pick 2 (186) • LB Hamsah Nasirildeen- injured, same write up as Sherwood.

Round 6 • Pick 16 (200) • CB Brandin Echols- VERY SOLID especially for a 6th rounder.  If he could learn to turn his head around on coverage so he can make a play/not get flagged he would be great.  I love him going into next season.  Him and Bryce Hall are the reasons I don't want to spend high draft capital on a CB.  He finished the year off very strong with a few INTs, one a pick 6.  Definitely a starter for us.

Round 6 • Pick 23 (207) • DL Jonathan Marshall- Will be taking over back up duties next season once we let go of a few guys.  Has good potential to start in another year or two.

UDFA Kenny Yeboah TE- Was hoping he would get way more playing time! More talented than any TE on our roster and looked good in the preseason.

On 1/24/2022 at 11:40 PM, brownie man said:

Trey had a medical red flag iirc

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Trey had a medical red flag iirc

He had blood clots in his lungs that caused him to miss the second half of 2018, dealt with them after the 2019 season again, and wasn't able to practice very often in 2020 due to the same issue.

Recurring blood clots in the lungs that keep you from practicing will scare teams.  Especially when they could return.

Based on talent, he should have gone in the 2nd at worst.

On 1/25/2022 at 2:40 AM, brownie man said:

Try Smith fell because he as a blood clot problem in his lungs that has come up at least twice on his college career.  6th and 7th round are good places to take a risky pick with upside.

On 1/31/2022 at 4:47 AM, THE DUKE said:

Evan McPherson is setting NFL records for 50 yard field goals in a season and is 12/12 in the playoffs so far, including 2 playoff game winning kicks for the Bengals.  This might be the Bengals best 5th round pick ever, lol.

Bengals had a great draft. I'm happy for you guys. I remember all the draft gurus saying it would be a joke for you guys to pass on an OL for Chase.