Bdl summer owner meeting

29 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Shrug just figured holiday bye instead of people writing gameplans on Xmas weekend was a good idea but open for whatever 

First week of the playoffs for us is week 16 which is xmas.  Second week of our playoffs would be new years.  

Not sure I see a way around that.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

First week of the playoffs for us is week 16 which is xmas.  Second week of our playoffs would be new years.  

Not sure I see a way around that.

Incorrect.  With two byes in front of it, the playoffs would start week 15 and also include week 16 and 17 

With one(turkey day week) it would start week 14. 

Thus playoffs week 14, 15. Off a week for Xmas. Bizzbowl week 17.   Jan 2 which shouldn't be a big deal.

Either way we don't run into week 18 teams benching players conundrum 

10 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Incorrect.  With two byes in front of it, the playoffs would start week 15 and also include week 16 and 17 

With one(turkey day week) it would start week 14. 

Thus playoffs week 14, 15. Off a week for Xmas. Bizzbowl week 17.   Jan 2 which shouldn't be a big deal.

Either way we don't run into week 18 teams benching players conundrum 

I'm honestly fine either way.  One way we get a week 6 bye but might have week 18 issues.  The other we don't get an early  break but avoid week 18 issues.

Both keep Thanksgiving break.  

Both have 13 game regular season with 3 game playoff.

Really comes down to if people want an early break or to avoid potential week 18 issues and probably fewer injuries.

25 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I'm honestly fine either way.  One way we get a week 6 bye but might have week 18 issues.  The other we don't get an early  break but avoid week 18 issues.

Both keep Thanksgiving break.  

Both have 13 game regular season with 3 game playoff.

Really comes down to if people want an early break or to avoid potential week 18 issues and probably fewer injuries.

Thought it was a 12 game season 

1. No. Third game has the most playing time for starters and more apt for injury.

2. Sure if byes are on holidays. I'm always traveling over XMas

Topic - Are we tackling the wording on the contract increases for adding and removing years?

1 hour ago, PR said:

1. No. Third game has the most playing time for starters and more apt for injury.

Topic - Are we tackling the wording on the contract increases for adding and removing years?

No duplicate bids in FA solves that problem.

21 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

No duplicate bids in FA solves that problem.

Not especially. You could raise it by a dollar and essentially be leading 

1 hour ago, PR said:

I'm more worried about we'd be making offers through the first week of games unless we bump it up 

12 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I'm more worried about we'd be making offers through the first week of games unless we bump it up 

It Basically has to be bumped up

6 hours ago, PR said:

There are only 3 pre season games now so the 3rd preseason game will likely look like the 4th preseason games of the past 

I think as long as we allow new bids up through the 30th (the day after Preseason Week 3 ends), we should be fine. Perhaps with a caveat that no player signed after that Monday is eligible for Week 1 lineups?

Edited by Blue