Jump to content

Lions 2021 Season Over/Under at 5


Recommended Posts

Boring times right now on this forum so I thought I'd ask this question. I know most don't have much hope for this years win column, but would you take for the over/under this year?

So, if I'm reading this right the Lions Over/Under is set at 5 games.

This team is kind of tricky for me this year.  That OL should be rock solid, but what do we have in Goff with not much for WR? Are we going to be a strong running team? How much can that OL cover up?

I think our D is going to be abysmal, but have good youth for the future. But this year...yikes.

How much of all our issues were Patricia?  Can this staff overcome and show us we had more talent than we thought?

Lot's of variables, but with all this said, I'm taking the under.

So what's your bet?

https://www.thelines.com/odds/nfl-win-totals/

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LionArkie said:

Boring times right now on this forum so I thought I'd ask this question. I know most don't have much hope for this years win column, but would you take for the over/under this year?

So, if I'm reading this right the Lions Over/Under is set at 5 games.

This team is kind of tricky for me this year.  That OL should be rock solid, but what do we have in Goff with not much for WR? Are we going to be a strong running team? How much can that OL cover up?

I think our D is going to be abysmal, but have good youth for the future. But this year...yikes.

How much of all our issues were Patricia?  Can this staff overcome and show us we had more talent than we thought?

Lot's of variables, but with all this said, I'm taking the under.

So what's your bet?

https://www.thelines.com/odds/nfl-win-totals/

I think we are right around 5.  If I had to bet I would take the under.  We have a touch schedule and I agree the D will still be rough and the WR is a huge weakness.  That being said if a couple guys step up, it could be solid.  If the OL is great, Goff might be ok even with iffy WRs and a strong run game.  If Okudah takes steps and Walker is back to his old self, maybe the pass D isn't horrid.  If the rookie D lineman \play well we could be solid getting pressure.  A lot of ifs that I think can happen, but playing the odds the under is still the better bet IMO. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to take the over but only by 1 (6 - 11). Goff is probably somewhere in the middle of SB appearing QB and the guy that was walked out like Jazz from Fresh Prince. He'll be a lot better than the trash heap he's been made out to be. 

A change in scenery, a change in team philosophy, the energy of the coaches, etc. will help push things along for him (and many others on the roster). 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I will take the under.

I don’t expect much this year. Rebuilding the roster, implementing new schemes and philosophy.

I will be focused on both lines and Okudah. If Okudah improves and both lines are solid then we can hope for the 2022 season.

A year together and a draft with 2 1sts will go a long way towards achieving respectability. 

The WR group is interesting because it’s a wide open competition and offers opportunity to some guys who may have been stifled because of who they were behind on the depth chart.

Its going to be an interesting season.

In all honesty I’m more excited for the Rams games.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

In all honesty I’m more excited for the Rams games.

Yeah, I want to see Stafford excel and get that Superbowl. I always felt he was very undervalued nationally here in Detroit.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LionArkie said:

Yeah, I want to see Stafford excel and get that Superbowl. I always felt he was very undervalued nationally here in Detroit.

I wish him well also. I really want to see what he can accomplish on a good team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2021 at 5:31 PM, diehardlionfan said:

I will take the under.

I don’t expect much this year. Rebuilding the roster, implementing new schemes and philosophy.

I will be focused on both lines and Okudah. If Okudah improves and both lines are solid then we can hope for the 2022 season.

A year together and a draft with 2 1sts will go a long way towards achieving respectability. 

The WR group is interesting because it’s a wide open competition and offers opportunity to some guys who may have been stifled because of who they were behind on the depth chart.

Its going to be an interesting season.

In all honesty I’m more excited for the Rams games.

This is where I am at.  I want to see growth from young guys more than anything.  I know its hard with a bad team because a bad line can make the DBs look bad and bad safety's can make CBs look bad and bad LBs can make DL look bad etc.  Same on offense, the lack of WR might really crush us and any chance Goff has of being the guy.  I am ok if Goff isn't the guy but I would rather be able to trust him given his age and use those extra picks on WRs/LBs/S and build around him.  

But seeing Okudah make strides, Ifo getting some reps and showing he can play would be great.  Maybe Walker returning to his better days in a system that is more suited for him. Maybe getting something from Flowers this year.  Progress on the D line and growth throughout the year. 

I loved the Sewell pick and I hope moving him to the right side isn't a bad move and we can see the signs of a great OL.  

The big thing is I hope the coaching staff and team can keep the excitement throughout the year.  Everyone is talking about culture change and how much more fun they are having, I hope it leads to wins but its hard to keep a positive mind set when you are one of the worst in the league.  I just hope there is enough progress and growth that the players dont turn on DC and the staff and continue to buy in. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

I know there isn't a lot to talk about in the off-season but I'm over these two tropes - 1) Dan Campbell has all of these ex-players on his coaching staff and 2) Biting kneecaps

 

1. I actually find it very interesting. I can't remember a coaching staff built with so many former players before. Many of the former players are minorities and if the Lions see success and they get hired for bigger and better jobs we get picks in return. I don't have a lot of expectations for 2021 but beyond has a lot to look forward too imo. 

2. It's a meme. There have been better memes and there have been worse memes.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

1. I actually find it very interesting. I can't remember a coaching staff built with so many former players before. Many of the former players are minorities and if the Lions see success and they get hired for bigger and better jobs we get picks in return. I don't have a lot of expectations for 2021 but beyond has a lot to look forward too imo. 

2. It's a meme. There have been better memes and there have been worse memes.

 

I'm not complaining about the coaches... I'm on board with it and hope it works out for everyone involved. The trope itself is just a cheap go to for the national media. It's lazy journalism. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

I'm not complaining about the coaches... I'm on board with it and hope it works out for everyone involved. The trope itself is just a cheap go to for the national media. It's lazy journalism. 

Wait...the Lions are on national media?!?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LionArkie said:

Wait...the Lions are on national media?!?

Around the league training camp.. all 32 teams lol... although, every once in a while they throw us out a nugget. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

I’ve said around 3 wins, maybe 4, so I’ll take the under. But I would love to be wrong. 

I'm pretty much right there with you. Is it wrong to be ecstatic for 6 wins and good development with our young players? Because that's where I am at. To me, that's shooting for the moon, but 3 or 4 wins is about where I think this team is.

I'm just not so sure on how bad the last coaches were with the talent we had. Did we have crappy talent due to BQ (I think yes we did). Did we have a coach who couldn't do anything with any talent (another yes for me). But what if BQ actually brought in ok talent and MP failed miserably with it? What if BQ brought in crappy talent and MP got more out of it (I don't think this is the case at all).

As much as I want to move on from last season, and I get this is a different team, I will be doing some comparing whether it's fair to do so or not.  I think this season will be very telling for a lot of reasons.

But in the end, I don't anticipate much more than 3 wins.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...