Lions 2021 Season Over/Under at 5

LionArkie

I think that we end up with 5 wins or less. It's just not a great team yet. There are good players and good position groups but there are still a lot of holes. 

For the sake of the future it's probably better if the team doesn't win very many games - then they'll be able to take a QB for the future. On the other hand, if this team does go 7-9 or something like that, then suddenly Goff looks like he might potentially be the answer for us, because he would have to play a hell of a season (and the coaching staff would have to coach their ***** off) to get this team anywhere near .500. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lions017 said:

I think that we end up with 5 wins or less. It's just not a great team yet. There are good players and good position groups but there are still a lot of holes. 

For the sake of the future it's probably better if the team doesn't win very many games - then they'll be able to take a QB for the future. On the other hand, if this team does go 7-9 or something like that, then suddenly Goff looks like he might potentially be the answer for us, because he would have to play a hell of a season (and the coaching staff would have to coach their ***** off) to get this team anywhere near .500. 

I agree with this.  I think we could be worse and still potentially stick with Goff if the reason looks to be bad WR play.  I think we have quite a bit of talent on O aside from WR, even there someone might surprise a little.  I still think our D is the weak link.  I dont love our S's and LBs.  The D line is young but has potential.  But I agree, if we are at all decent this year, that means this coaching staff really developed some guys and have solid systems/gameplans to hide weaknesses.  I'm excited because I actually believe in this staff all around and think they can develop guys.  I doubt it happens all this year but I hope to see guys like Okudah and the DL, and Swift turn into guys we can build around. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Millenhater said:

Just watch preseason game 2...oof.  I’m going the under.  This has shades of 0-16 lions bad.

I turned it on briefly, realized the Lions weren't playing a good chunk of their starters, and then turned it off.