The 2021 NBA Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!!!)

CWood21

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'll say this, Mamu has a future in the NBA as an offensive big man. Unfortunately, he's an atrocious defender and we'd have to hide him big time. 

We then took a Greek kid that has little chance to ever step foot in the NBA so I don't really understand moving back 23 spots for 2nd rounders that are 3 and 5 years away before the draft even starts if we weren't taking a stash that had a chance to come over. This kid is 22 and doesn't even get time in the Greek League. 

?

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I like Ayayi but Reaves can't shoot consistently enough to make the NBA considering he doesn't offer much else.

Hoop Intellect said he thinks his shooting will more resemble what he did at Wichita State when he shot 45% from 3PT.

He still only had him #51 on his Final Big Board (Ayayi #44).

Summary I kind of love Reaves’ game. I love the swagger, and I love the toughness. He knows how to hoop, and he’s super creative with how he gets it done on offense. I do worry a bit on what happens if the shooting doesn’t totally translate. Can he be an effective role player if he’s a 35 percent 3-point shooter who struggles on defense? Is his creativity on offense such an overriding factor? If the shot comes through, He is a legit sixth man in the NBA. If it doesn’t, he might not be anything more than a bench guy. I’m willing to bet on the shot given that we’ve seen enough evidence of it being successful in the role that he’ll be asked to play in the NBA. Throw in the ability to create off those chances, and Reaves has a shot to be a really good player, even if it’s a bit of an unconventional skillset.

Sam Vecenie said this and had him #32 (Ayayi #51).

Looking forward to see if either can stand out in a positive way from behind the arc in the Vegas Summer League.