The 2021 NBA Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!!!)

CWood21

9 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I sign off on this.  I would trade Bey/Stewart/Hayes/anything other than Cade for draft capital for 2022 if thats the case.  I am afraid that Bey, Grant, Stewart, and Cade alone will be enough to pull us out of the cellar.  We won't be good but would need some lottery luck IMO to get into the top 3-5 next year.  Our team was scrappy this year and adding talents like Cade and Hayes for a whole year will likely get us into that crappy 7-14 pick range unfortunately.  Thats why I would trade Grant now, as I think he has more value as a good player on a reasonable contract for a couple years than he will as an expiring.  But I sort of want to do this anyways  if Bates doesn't reclassify for Paolo or Chet, assuming they pan out.  Even Hardy would be nice to add a better scoring SG in the mold of Jalen Green.  I think next years draft is going to be strong too so being anywhere in the top 5-7 picks will probably be good for us.  

After just trading Plumlee and assuming you let DSJ/Joseph/Ellington walk, if you were to trade Jerami Grant I think you guys would be bad enough to be in contention for the top pick. 

Your rotation would likely be:

PG - Cade Cunningham | Frank Jackson

SG - Killian Hayes | Rodney McGruder

SF -  Saddiq Bey | Hamidou Diallo 

PF - Sekou Doumbouya | Isaiah Livers

C - Isaiah Stewart | Jahlil Okafor

I'm starting to warm up a little to the Aldama pick. I still would not have made it, but after watching him and reading about his pre-draft shenanigans, I'm more of a fan.

Could develop into a 15-20 MPG scorer off the bench. A perimeter oriented Kanter. He won't be very playable in the playoffs unless his defensive IQ goes way up, but he can be a good scorer off the bench during the regular season.

Still not liking the Ziaire pick. Can anyone think of a 1-and-done that disappointed so badly and went on to be a good, or even average NBA starter?

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

E - FENSE *CLAP CLAP* E-FENSE *CLAP CLAP* E-FENSE

he probably wont make the team, but it doesnt hurt (no pun intended) take a shot on him and see.  His shooting definitely translate to the NBA. I wish he played defense.  Thats probably the main reason he didnt get drafted.