The 2021 NBA Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!!!)

CWood21

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

i could see him playing the 4th or 5th game at the earliest. 

A player like him probably won't thrive in the summer league either way where defense isn't really played so it doesn't matter too much. But would be cool to see all of the Rockets young players together. 

2 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

not necessarily.  dont think people projected him to go ahead of 17.

So? He's a steal if he outperforms his draft position. Obviously years too early to project something like that, but it has nothing to do with where he was projected to go.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

So? He's a steal if he outperforms his draft position. Obviously years too early to project something like that, but it has nothing to do with where he was projected to go.

i consider that more like a sleeper. you and i have a different definition of steal.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

I guess so. Seems pretty universal to use the term "steal" if Murphy turns into one of the best players in the draft, but you do you.

i mean i had murphy going around that range.  i could see if he was picked late round 1 early round 2 or something.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

I guess so. Seems pretty universal to use the term "steal" if Murphy turns into one of the best players in the draft, but you do you.

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

i consider that more like a sleeper. you and i have a different definition of steal.

I'd consider a steal someone that is taken later in the draft and then ends up as one of the better players from their class. Such as guys like Kawhi Leonard, Paul George, Giannis, etc. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'd consider a steal someone that is taken later in the draft and then ends up as one of the better players from their class. Such as guys like Kawhi Leonard, Paul George, Giannis, etc. 

the only player you listed that makes sense to say he was a steal was Leonard.  LIS yall have different definitions of the word steal. 

If you draft someone at 5, and he becomes the best player in the class, it's a steal. A steal doesn't have to be some long way off pick like Draymond or Brogdon or Kawhi. Getting Dwyane Wade at 5, for Miami, was a steal. They got a top 2-3 SG of all-time at the 5th pick in the draft. Michael Jordan went #3. The perceived GOAT at #3 isn't a steal? Really?

• Like 1