Training Camp 2021

AKRNA

2 hours ago, broncos67 said:

My god we haven't even played a PRESEASON game yet. Relax. It's a joint practice.

to be clear to everyone I still think we have a ceiling of, like, maybe ten wins? we could be solid to good. i'm very excited about the talent on the team...unlike our completely awful teams in like 2017, 2018. just as far as the hope for training camp, I think it's fair to be concerned and disappointed based on the reporting on the QB play. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AKRNA said:

Not discouraged by any means. Teddy's performance was pretty good, and our D had it's moments. 

It's just a practice.

Not sure where you read this. The consensus from both Broncos and Vikings media is that both QBs have really struggled in these joint practices. It’s an ugly QB situation. 

1 hour ago, BroncoBruin said:

Not sure where you read this. The consensus from both Broncos and Vikings media is that both QBs have really struggled in these joint practices. It’s an ugly QB situation. 

Right off the Bronco's website today. In the 2 minute, 80 yds to go to win Teddy was 3 for 3, and scored on a pass to Jeudy. Did well in all the other situations also.

28 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Right off the Bronco's website today. In the 2 minute, 80 yds to go to win Teddy was 3 for 3, and scored on a pass to Jeudy. Did well in all the other situations also.

Well, there ya go. All objective sources of information (beat writers/analysts covering both teams who aren’t just extensions of team PR) have said both QBs struggled overall yesterday. 

Teddy had a really awful day today. For the “safe” QB, he is consistently turning the ball over in the red zone. 

Edited by BroncoBruin
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Well, there ya go. All objective sources of information (beat writers/analysts covering both teams who aren’t just extensions of team PR) have said both QBs struggled overall yesterday. 

Teddy had a really awful day today. For the “safe” QB, he is consistently turning the ball over in the red zone. 

I'll email 'em and tell 'em they've got to quit making this stuff up.

It's absolutely shameful!

5 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Mike Boone carted off yesterday. Gutted for him. I've heard a lot of good things about him thus far in camp.

EDIT - Klis says it's a pulled quad. Guess that is good news.

That's definitely better than the alternative. I was hopeful that he didn't tear something when I saw Klis initially say he "pulled up" so maybe he'll be back early-ish in the season.

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

So Ive been largely out of the loop. Can somebody please give me a quick breakdown of how things are looking since TC started? Whose doing well, whose looking bad, WTF is going on with the QBs, ect

The defence looks great - the OL needs a bit of work but looks much improved - the offensive skill positions look great - and the QBs suck

29 minutes ago, jolly red giant said:

The defence looks great - the OL needs a bit of work but looks much improved - the offensive skill positions look great - and the QBs suck

So nothing has changed from the previous 5 years?

Good- Defense, Skill Positions

Bad- Quarterback, Offensive Line

Copy+paste, copy+paste, copy+paste, copy+paste

Its like Groundhogs Day

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, AKRNA said:

I'll email 'em and tell 'em they've got to quit making this stuff up.

It's absolutely shameful!

(assuming you’re being sarcastic here…)

Do you remember Andrew Mason? He was the beat writer for the Broncos website for more than a decade. He’s said repeatedly that team-employed beat writers are essentially told to put as positive a spin as possible on everything they write about the team and downplay the negatives as much as possible. He talked about how it pained him to put as much spin on the camp performances of Flacco and Keenum as he did, because he knew they weren’t good.

So I’m sorry, you are not getting your info from the most objective source. You’re a smart guy. You can’t possibly believe they have the same journalistic freedom and objectivity as writers and analysts who don’t work for the team. It should probably interest you that nobody else in the media is pretending Lock and Bridgewater have performed well. Do they all just hate the Broncos? Come on. 

Edited by BroncoBruin