Training Camp 2021

AKRNA

5 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

(assuming you’re being sarcastic here…)

Do you remember Andrew Mason? He was the beat writer for the Broncos website for more than a decade. He’s said repeatedly that team-employed beat writers are essentially told to put as positive a spin as possible on everything they write about the team and downplay the negatives as much as possible. He talked about how it pained him to put as much spin on the camp performances of Flacco and Keenum as he did, because he knew they weren’t good.

So I’m sorry, you are not getting your info from the most objective source. You’re a smart guy. You can’t possibly believe they have the same journalistic freedom and objectivity as writers and analysts who don’t work for the team. It should probably interest you that nobody else in the media is pretending Lock and Bridgewater have performed well. Do they all just hate the Broncos? Come on. 

You'd mentioned it before. I'm just so worn out by nothing but QB discussions I really don't much care. It's just one position that's been beat to death. 

We've got a very good ball club. A secondary that has the potential to be the NFL's best. Great depth at most positions and depth and strength at the offensive skill positions that almost every team in the NFL would love to have. 

OL could end up being a dream. Muti's back at LG and Meinerz has passed two NFL vets to be the backup at RG and Center. Solid competition at RT and the best LT in the game.

DL as @lomaxgrUKis really my main concern but with the addition of Stephen and Agim stepping up it may surprise.

I could go on but I think I've made my point. Are either Drew or Teddy Aaron Rodgers? Of course not! Not close. Do we need that? I don't think so.

The pessimism before we've even played a snap is driving me crazy!. 

Last year we were 25th and 28th respectively on O and D. Adding a QB wasn't going to change that much no matter who the QB was. 

Yeah, would Rodgers make our team better. Of course. Is not having him a reason to consider the season a waste? Of course not!

Can't we at least play a few games before we decide the seasons a waste?

So, sarcasm? You bet your ***!

17 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

(assuming you’re being sarcastic here…)

Do you remember Andrew Mason? He was the beat writer for the Broncos website for more than a decade. He’s said repeatedly that team-employed beat writers are essentially told to put as positive a spin as possible on everything they write about the team and downplay the negatives as much as possible. He talked about how it pained him to put as much spin on the camp performances of Flacco and Keenum as he did, because he knew they weren’t good.

So I’m sorry, you are not getting your info from the most objective source. You’re a smart guy. You can’t possibly believe they have the same journalistic freedom and objectivity as writers and analysts who don’t work for the team. It should probably interest you that nobody else in the media is pretending Lock and Bridgewater have performed well. Do they all just hate the Broncos? Come on. 

And even beyond that, as a journalist, I will tell you that there are some best reporters who put a much more positive spin on things than do others. The reason? They want to maintain access. The team’s “partners” - KOA, 9news and MHR (which to be honest is just a cheerleading fan blog) - trade favorable coverage for access. 

Moving on, today we will get some more clarity on the QB battle. For what it’s worth, the other day Klis said he’d “be surprised if it’s not Teddy,” which jives with what I’ve said that Vic/Shurmur will want the safe vet and hope that the defense and running game can help us eek out 9-10 wins and save their jobs. That being said, Klis has always been a fan of the safe, game-manager, veteran QB types, he was the biggest media cheerleader of Orton, Keenam and Siemian, all of whom are much more Teddy than Drew. 

The idea of winning 8-10 games and maybe squeaking in to be a one-and-done playoff team is, IMO, the worst case scenario. We’re clearly not super bowl contenders so I’d rather the team just totally fall on its face, get a high draft pick and hope Paton doesn’t pass on a potential franchise QB for some other, lesser position again. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

The idea of winning 8-10 games and maybe squeaking in to be a one-and-done playoff team is, IMO, the worst case scenario. We’re clearly not super bowl contenders so I’d rather the team just totally fall on its face, get a high draft pick and hope Paton doesn’t pass on a potential franchise QB for some other, lesser position again. 

Spot on and here's the thing isn't it easier to go From Teddy to Drew than Drew to Teddy as well though? They could be looking at it like that as well.

1 minute ago, BroncoBruin said:

It is a big difference having half your starters play vs. an entire second team defense but impressive stuff. Should be 3 TDs in 3 drives.

Drew with a 153.3 QB rating. The run game is really gonna' help he and Teddy alot.

1 minute ago, 1234567 said:

Obviously still early. But all signs point to me standing seriously corrected on my criticism of the PS2 pick at #9. 

I’ve always loved PS2 (took him 6th overall in BDL which we draft two weeks before the real draft so didn’t even know he’d be a Bronco) I just need to see on if our QBs step up big to still justify passing on Fields. Hopefully Lock can do it.

• Like 1